Civ World Questions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

This thread is for questions regarding Civ World that aren't worth creating a new thread for. For instance,

How do I get military units? I tried to build them, but all I had was numbers increase on the unit icon.

The number that increased is the number telling you how many you have, so you did build them! If you're not at any wars at the moment they won't do anything for you though.

Some basic gameplay questions/assumptions, (not in the beta, so asking those who are)

Citizens accumulate either
Food
Science
Production
Culture
Gold

through each Harvest
(bonuses based on Location of the citizens relative to buildings, their happiness, and great people you might have)
[and you can also get them through mini-games]

Food-> more Citizens (no "maintenance costs"/Starvation like in Civ Rev?)
Science->Technologies (efforts are pooled)

How do you get Military units? (Gold, Production, both)
How do you get Buildings? (Gold, Production, both)
How do you get Great People? (Culture [if so how does it decide which one], relevant resource)

Is Gold useful for anything outside the market?

Are there any "costs" for a larger team besides having to vote on decisions?

Is there any role for Government? (something the players vote to change)?

If a team loses a military battle, is ALL of the team absorbed by the winner or only some cities?

What penalties are "conquered" team members under (no votes, can't build military units, "harvest" penalties)

Also, the market is extraordinarily useful, so gold being important there is no small thing.

That being said, you don't need to generate gold to have gold. You can always generate hammers and then sell them on the market.

The game isn't that complicated; somebody should just write a guide laying out all the basics. But until then.

Krikkitone

Citizens accumulate
automatically, with bonuses from buildings, civics, probably wonders, maybe great people, maybe happiness, maybe unit experience, maybe location. Harvests are periodic, instantaneous bonuses to what citizens accumulate.

Food-> more Citizens (no "maintenance costs"/Starvation like in Civ Rev?)
It doesn't look like citizens consume anything apart from a house to live in. Houses are buildings that cost some hammers to build and occupy a tile. Food appears to be just for population growth. When you hit a threshold that increases with your current population, your city adds a pop point and your food is reset to zero. You can also sell and buy food at the market.

Science->Technologies (efforts are pooled)
I can't tell how research pooling works. Some things suggest that there is some kind of pooling going on; other things suggest that there is no pooling.

Builds
Military units and buildings are purchased instantly with hammers; units and raw hammers can also be purchased with gold at the market. Great people pop when you hit certain culture thresholds. I don't know how it decides which. Great people appear to increase yields slightly, until you cash them in to build wonders by filling slots in wonder cards.

Is Gold useful for anything outside the market?
Not that I can see (except I guess the victory condition.)

Are there any "costs" for a larger team besides having to vote on decisions?
At first glance a larger civ appears to be all gain and no loss.

Is there any role for Government? (something the players vote to change)?
It looks like you vote on civics and war declarations and get appointed to government posts automatically based on your actions.

If a team loses a military battle, is ALL of the team absorbed by the winner or only some cities?
My civ successfully invaded another civ, but I didn't notice any kind of conquest reward. I did win a military medal.

I am at work so I can't check it out but for the commodities (like silk) they do show the ave price you bought at:
http://wiki.2kgames.com/civworld/index.php/Commodities

Also there is a line that goes along the items to showing you its current level (like the stock market).

I think research is pooled as you can see by the numbers. Mouse over the tech and it shows you the total needed to research it, but if you mouse over your beakers on the city screen it shows you the difference needed to research it. It shows the difference even if you have just started researching so it does pool.

Apparently the cost of techs scale with civ size.

What is the best citizen allocation? At the moment I think it is 50% food, 25% production, 25% culture. If you want to be a leech there is no reason to help with the research. And at least culture nets you great people which helps with your civ production.

What is the best citizen allocation? At the moment I think it is 50% food, 25% production, 25% culture. If you want to be a leech there is no reason to help with the research. And at least culture nets you great people which helps with your civ production.

My usual strategy is to put 100% of my citizens on whatever resource is selling for a ridiculous amount in the market. I profit off of other players' poor gold management ;D

If there are some types of victories...then - How long could one game take? For example 10 hours (like civ4), 50 hours (like civ3) or about year (like dibalo 2 ladder). Or something like one month?

My usual strategy is to put 100% of my citizens on whatever resource is selling for a ridiculous amount in the market. I profit off of other players' poor gold management ;D

I tried this tonight and it does give you massive amounts of gold. What sucked was both production and food were high, which are the two things I prefer to have myself. :sad:

If there are some types of victories...then - How long could one game take? For example 10 hours (like civ4), 50 hours (like civ3) or about year (like dibalo 2 ladder). Or something like one month?

5-6 days I think, give or take. There's usually about a win a day, but wins just move to the next era. The game doesn't end until all eras are won by somebody.

I haven’t actually played this game (and I probably won’t having the combination of bad internet AND not having facebook yet) but I am still interested in a few things.

Can you have more than one city?

AND

When your city is captured what happens? Do you die?

1. Can you have more than one city?

AND

2. When your city is captured what happens? Do you die?

This is my understanding:

1. No. You can only have one city in each game. However you can participate in more than one game at the same time.

2. Cities don't get captured. When two civs go to war, the winner gets all the wonders from the loser and learns all its technologies. I haven't seen anything else mentioned in documentation.

How does era domination victory work?

Game notification says "Win battle vs. 15% size civ" but http://wiki.2kgames.com/civworld/index.php/Eras says something different. :crazyeye:

The in-game tooltip is correct; the wiki is a tad out of date on that page. It used to be that you would absorb all of the members of a civ in to your own when you conquered them, but the design has changed since then.

The in-game tooltip is correct; the wiki is a tad out of date on that page. It used to be that you would absorb all of the members of a civ in to your own when you conquered them, but the design has changed since then.

That's a shame, having players get conquered would be great. [you could just have a few players get conquered from any team that lost a battle]

Conquered players could start at low rank and would have the choice to either
"resist" ie weaken the enemy team in some way [retaining their rank in the old team if they ever got back]
or
"assimilate" ie work to raise their rank in the enemy team [losing their rank in te old team if they ever got back]

Enemy Civics would then affect their ability to do that.

I think most people would just leave the Civ and join someone else rather than work for the enemy.

two quick questions:

are great people stackable

is the benefit of upgrading the palace significant?

Top Bottom