Bug Report

Houman

TR Team Leader
Have you discovered a bug?

Please send it with a complete description and a save game before it happens to bugs.totalrealism(at)gmail.com

You can talk and discuss it here additionally!

CTD, but tinkered enough and found the problem: If I simply re-arrange Caesar's seventeen ground units stuffed into Rome, the turn resolves. I set three Galleons in adjacent sea zones and distributed his Knights in the countryside. Emailing after this posts.

Auto save file prior to the spawn has been sent by email.

I have a worker (not a slave) working a tile between Warwick & Tokyo and have a Cataphract occupying the same tile. Previously I had a barbarian attack my worker on this tile so I move the Cataphract on top to protect the new worker assigned to build a cottage. The worker is 7 to 11 turns from completing the cottage when a revolt takes place in Warwick. The revolt spawned two barbarians off to the adjacent tile and places a slave under my Cataphract. It also moves the worker that was under the Cataphract completing the cottage to an adjacent tile losing all of the production that was spent on producing the cottage.

When a worker is being protected by a military unit it would seem that the military unit should be the first defense from an attack and the worker should be untouched if the attack did not destroy the military unit. If a slave is to have been capture and placed on that tile the original worker should not have lost all of its production.

I think this happened before but I did not catch it as it was on several tiles I was not keeping a sharp eye on. I know I had Cataphract’s on top of the workers and after a revolt they were gone but I had them on Auto so assumed they finished and moved on.

This is a great game and I am enjoying it immensely.

Thanks guys!:goodjob:

after download the patch the flags are not defined, are all yellow black whithout sign , or simbols,

until the emergency patch 2.2.1the game was good, wah can i do?

Everytime I shut my computer, and after some time I re-active my PC, it appears that the realism mod does not reload. I have to re-install the mod everytime to play it.

Any progress on this crash to desktop bug? I've run 5 games to around turn 280 and that's when it starts crashing to desktop. Unplayable now, all 5 games.

Really enjoying the mod, hoping it has a fix soon. :)

RickAucoin said:
Any progress on this crash to desktop bug? I've run 5 games to around turn 280 and that's when it starts crashing to desktop. Unplayable now, all 5 games.

Really enjoying the mod, hoping it has a fix soon. :)
still can't find any clues :( (but i lack of time last two weeks, i hope this week i found some time)
but i was able to fix some other small bugs (ie crash when making bombardment on undefended tile, or allowing bombard enemy uniti within own territory)

Mexico said:
still can't find any clues :( (but i lack of time last two weeks, i hope this week i found some time)
but i was able to fix some other small bugs (ie crash when making bombardment on undefended tile, or allowing bombard enemy uniti within own territory)
Could you release what you've fixed so far in a quick patch. It might help some of us who are stuck and cannot advance.

WarKirby

Posted two savegames. Did some xml-bugging on my own and found bugs in Dale's combat mod - of which Mexico is working on right now I guess ;) . Anyway the two games crashes around the same time (cant remember how many turns, but around liberalism-tech). In both cases I'm recieving great people when CTD (artist in first, and general in second). I dont know if the bug has anything to do with the emergency release-patch 2.1.1 about some problems with great people pic's, that migth lead to some bad func. of Python components? :mischief:

Looking forward to an update of the patch...

found 3 bugs in dale's code, now starting deeper investigation
during weekend i want release new patch with this fixes

(and CTD after GP born - it is just concurrence of circumstances - in sended tested games CTD also afer GP born, but problem was in AI ranged bombardment selection....)

Played a random map as the Russians, never had a CTD. This time I didn't research Engineering or Gunpowder until I had no choice at all which was rather late in the game

I have cannons in a tile next to a city and I start to reduce the defenses of the city. I get it to 35% and fire off another shot and the program crashes. This crash is not just CTD but a total crash. I reloaded and it did the same thing. I emailed the file. Hope you find a fix:)

Mexico said:
can't test it on all sended saved games, but only on 10 randomly picked - no CTD :)

download locations:

Zipped instaler on CivFanatics :
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2853

Installer on SF (SourceForge) - need some time to redistribute, but has more download locations with better bandwidth:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=163217&package_id=185640&release_id=443112

Should old saves work with this patch?

Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks!!!!!:crazyeye:

EDIT: Doh, just read, carefully, what you wrote, so this should work with save games. I'll start with the CTD games I sent in and see if they work...

WarKirby said:
:cry: The patch seems to delay CTD by one turn but it still happens.:cry:

WarKirby

I started a new vanilla Warlord game and the patch is not working. It has CTD twice and I am at 700AD Oh to have a CTD free game:confused:

$ailor said:
I started a new vanilla Warlord game and the patch is not working. It has CTD twice and I am at 700AD Oh to have a CTD free game:confused:
Uh, this isn't a warlords patch. It's a patch for vanilla TR. The warlords TR is apparently out tomorrow.

WarKirby said:
Uh, this isn't a warlords patch. It's a patch for vanilla TR. The warlords TR is apparently out tomorrow.

I guess I am confused :crazyeye: Please forgive me as I am new to the forums and trying to make heads and tells of what is going on. I have been playing CivIV TR 2.0 since last week. So if I understand it the patch that came out today is for that. Is the vanilla TR the new release? I guess the posts from Mexico was somewhat confussing to me.

Let's see if I have it correct. The Warlords TR comes out tomorrow. The patch that came out today is for CivIV TR 2.0. Do I have it?

Thanks for the patients.

Top Bottom