AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

45°38'N-13°47'E;13781234 said:
Do you know which was the last working revision?
Last time i played well on a rev 950-954. After this versions i stop playing civ.

@45°: I haven't worked on the mod yet because I had to reinstall Windows + the dev environnement. After some thought, I think the problem lives in the fact the AI checks if it needs to build a settler based on the continent size.

Main advisor disabled? I press F1 in game and nothing happened.

Ok, I think I've got this one, although I'm not sure how to solve it. It looks like for some reasons in the latest revisions, whenever there is a " in the text, program is not able to read the following characters anymore until there's another ".
See screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nfzbds5tmwgbf0/Textnotworking.jpg?dl=0

dbkblk, suggestions? Shall I remove all the " and re-upload all the text files?

Hmm I'm really not sure about that. In english, there is also " chars. You should NOT change directly in the text files as it would be overwrited in my next translation update. I'll take a look at this one.

BUG Report:
Science Points get cumulated by regenerating map in round 1

If start a new game and regenerate the map in round 1 then the science points get cumulated. Means: A city in round 1 can produce as many science as I want by regenerating the map several times.

=> see screenshot and savegame attached. There I have +55 science / round in round 1....

How I came to that effect:
1) start new game
2) found city
=> science points (left upper corner) is now ~8
3) regenerate map (still in round 1)
4) found city
=> science points (left upper corner) is now ~8 + ~8
5) regenerate map (still in round 1)
6) found city
=> science points (left upper corner) is now ~8 + ~8 + ~8

I tried it with cities in better and not so good positions => the total science points are the addition of the cities founded in the maps before.

Attachments

• TEST Koloman v. Chr.-6000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    334.8 KB · Views: 75
  • screenshot_science-points.jpg
    screenshot_science-points.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 112
45°38'N-13°47'E;13781562 said:
We already know, I always suggest avoiding map regeneration

Can't really be avoided unless one accepts either undesirable spawn locations or having to set up the selected civs all over again in custom game, which takes quite a while with 25 civs.

Saving the selected civs and pre-populating the list would help though.

BTS don't have this issue with regeneration though.

With the general recommendations you need to know before you start a game, is there any general introduction guide about it?

I noticed a possible bug in the Guild buildings that directly found guilds. Even in the Modern Era, they are buildable despite their associated guild being obsolete and their prerequisite building (Crafts/Servants/Victuallers Guild Hall) also being obsolete. I can make those buildings go obsolete at the same time their guild does, which will solve the problem, but I'm curious about why this would be allowable if the prerequisites can't be met.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13781316 said:
Ok, I think I've got this one, although I'm not sure how to solve it. It looks like for some reasons in the latest revisions, whenever there is a " in the text, program is not able to read the following characters anymore until there's another ".
For some reasons, even a double " is causing the problem but only in the advisors. I've fixed it for Italian but I'm still looking the Russian error (directly on transifex).

45°38'N-13°47'E;13781194 said:
Are you using Unit-per-tile limit? If so, disable it (=0) and try again. I think there might be a problem there and it worked for me

Indeed 12 units

So seems to be my problem
I tried with 0 and no new CTD then tried with 15 no CTD
Hope problem solved (reload after CTD change UPT press next turn and back to 15 until next CTD :crazyeye:)

Hm, could u answer me a AI question? I dont know if its intended, but the AI behaviour is very strange, if they got huge stacks of Units. Even with a 300 Unit stack, they besiege a city with 4 units in it for several turns. They even had a 400 Unit stack which didnt attack my city with one unit in it -this ends with 2 nukes, which destroyed their army to the last man. I have watched this "Alamo-Feature" a few times. They dont dare to attack, even with 200 arty and a hundred or more regular troops - they sit there and wait. On another encounter, they defended their citys with 5,6 units, and their main stack still waited somewhere deep in their territory. Oh i play on highest difficulty on an earth map.

Oh - and your updater is broken ;) even if i update on the newest version, it still suggests to do the same again and again.

Top Bottom