7 new screenshots and more information emerges from GDC (8th March 2012)

Seriously? What are they going to do just make up names for the cities?

Weren't the Huns in CiIV? I thought they were its so long since I have played though.

It could be just a civ they added for the scenario like you'd make for a mod.
At least I hope so. You know the Hungarians believe they were the huns of old and that
they were a European people. They could just be adding a Eastern European civ.

Actually no
There is some sort of connection, a few tribes that attached to the Hungarians in the 7-9th century (and later assimilated) were closely related to the Khazars and Khabars, so somewhat related to the Huns and a few other eastern nomadic nations.
Anyway, Hungarians are an Ugric nation, from Europe. Closest relatives are Finns and Estonians
Huns are of Asian origin, most likely closely related to the Xiong-Nu for example

Having said that, I really hope this is a mistake, and the Huns won't make it as a full civ
They would be perfect for a scenario, but for a full civ Hungarians deserve the place much-much more
I don't even have to say, but it's highly unlikely to have both of them in Civ V :(
So this is (or would be) a terrible decision

I am sure the designers are reading some of these posts and are busting out laughing at all the speculation thats going on. Can you imagine it? :lol:

How can we not speculate? A few new screenshots and none of us can help it. I really do not mind if the Huns are added, they played their part in civilization. They were a great horse culture and they made Rome tremble.

I would not mind seeing the Zulus as well. Eventually, all the civs are going to be in there anyway. Really whats the difference?

Eventually, all the civs are going to be in there anyway. Really whats the difference?

No they aren't. They're not going to develop for this indefinitely. Well a civilization civ, you know, one with cities and agriculture and whatsit, could have been put in instead.

This is terrible... absolutely terrible.

A mechanic that doesn't allow for city expansion has no place in the game (not referring to an India type mechanic, which we already have). That would be a broken mechanic. So get ready for "Attila's Court 2".

It's basically going to be another mongol rival. Horses will be essential and they'll get something. Maybe a bonus that produces less unhappiness from puppets or some crap. Whatever it is, it is probably redundant and will lead to such in the game play.

I really think we should consider that these screens are development screens. World War I Bomber is not a final name for a unit. Firaxis is better than that about unit naming.

No they aren't. They're not going to develop for this indefinitely. Well a civilization civ, you know, one with cities and agriculture and whatsit, could have been put in instead.

For the most part we will see most of the civs we have been used too. Yes and I bet there will be a third expansion. If not I would be very surprised.

I really think we should consider that these screens are development screens. World War I Bomber is not a final name for a unit. Firaxis is better than that about unit naming.

Your right more interesting names are fighter and bomber. :lol:

Maybe Huns can't build settlers? They are the definition of nomadic empire. Then they just recruit barbarians with a Germany-style UA. Maybe the reason they didn't exist in the screenshot is because Attila's Court was their only city and they lost it.

I'm not sure.

I think I'd go for the Impi as well, but it's hard to tell...

That looks like the Zulu from first glance or Ethiopia.

These are clearly not Maya units, willing to bet on that.

Is it confirmed that the Huns are in?
"Attila's Court"?
:crazyeye::lol:
That wasn't a real city!
All cities in the Civilization series were real cities or places!
Please,if they are in,do not name their capital Attila's court...
They don't name all other cities "Napoleon's court" or "Wu Zetian's court".
What would be their second city name?
"Attila's outpost"?
"Attila's mountain"?
If they are not confirmed I will remove that they are in from Wikipedia.

Yep Civciv5, mentioned in interviews, pictures, etc. Kinda sad that they got in. One of their cities just sounds silly: Atilla's Court.

OK,then I dislike this expansion.
But It would be sad If I don't buy it because of ONE silly civilization with ridiculous city names.
In all mods of Huns for Civ4,they have real city names,not accurate,but real.

Dudes, that is clearly Mayan UU, they are confirmed the Zulu aren't, the ART fits their stucco designs as well. Anyway Im hoping its a spearman and not just another slinger

About Attila's court...yes, thats weird, I wouldnt mind them if they came along with a very original mechanic to show their nomad nature, tho unlikely. I think its more probable they are a Barbarian city, I hope so, I dont see why barbarian cities wouldnt fit the Rome scenario, if anything they would fit better, barbarian hordes coming to europe banding together to destroy civilization? pay tribute or muster a force to get rid of them? yeah seems better to me.

After all I read and saw I am pretty confident that the Huns are in the game. Suprisingly I am not disappointed-normally I would be infuriated by a barbarian civ. I am sure that they have better city names in the works, they may use Hungarian cities. When you think about it every Civ usually has an unexpected civ or two- remember the Holy Roman Empire in cIV? At least this one is a real Civilization

Top Bottom