More Great Work civs?

Mudrac

Orc Warchief
I have noticed that the only civ that has UA connected directly to Great Works is France. Why there aren't more of these civs in game? I know that some civs UAs indirectly infuences the Great Works, but this looks like that France is the only nation that had really Great Writers, Artists and Musicians. I hope that if we see some DLCs or Expansion in the future that they add more civs whose UA is tied to Great Works.

The civs that would make sense for this are already in the game. They don't seem to be willing to subtract resources from the game; sure, it would make a good deal of sense for, say, America to have a Great Filmmaker or some such but you wouldn't be able to make the Minuteman a general purpose unit the way they did the Foreign Legion.

I too would like more civs that focused on great works. As Arachnofiend stated, the civs that make the most sense are already in the game. However, one of these civs stands out more than any other and could be changed; Austria.

Vienna is nicknamed "The City of Music" because of its musical legacy. The Coffee House UB could be dropped for an Opera House replacement. Most players wouldn't mind this change since the coffee house is a bit lackluster (though I guess it does add to the birth rate of all great persons). A whole new UA could be made that focuses on great musicians and great works of music. Some players would not miss Austria's current UA (it can be quite annoying to play against).

Top Bottom