3 movement cost?

arand86

Warlord
The other day I played warmonger Arabia and was sending my camel archers into Brazil. He did not have the great wall. For some reason, when I moved a camel archer on top of a forested hill in brazilian territory, it lost 3 movement points (had 4, down to 1 after).

Is this just a glitch, or some game mechanic that I somehow have never heard of before?

Working as intended.

Hill base terrain is 2 MP
Forest is an additional +1 MP

Huh, I thought forest on a hill was irrelevant.

Thank you, I can't believe I've neglected that fact for so long. However, in my defense, it is not mentioned on the wiki that this occurs

Huh, I thought forest on a hill was irrelevant.

Thank you, I can't believe I've neglected that fact for so long. However, in my defense, it is not mentioned on the wiki that this occurs

Yeah it's something you have to learn through experience. Just send workers ahead and clear any forested hills as soon as possible (you'll probably chop the forest building a mine later anyway).

Just send workers ahead and clear any forested hills as soon as possible (you'll probably chop the forest building a mine later anyway).

Personally, I don't (unless there is a resource present). After Scientific Theory I place lumber mills on forest hill tiles without fresh water for more food.
If the hill is fresh water; it gets chopped for a farm very early.

Top Bottom