FfH2 0.25 Changelog

Iam patiently waiting for .25 to come out but I have just a few questions:

1) you dont have anything on your to-do list so does that mean that version .25 is almost the same as the .23 version besides the one taht you will be implementing once shadow is out?

2) Are there any information regarding "shadow"? like what changes are being made and are there any new features? like a changelog? or better yet when it will be released?

3) is the latest patch really a requirement for .25 or can i play without updating my BTS?

4) also regarding the media pack for .23 can i use it for .25?

thanks for the wonderful mod. :)

Hey Kael, another question.
I heard that you will be cutting units in shadow release. Any hints on what units will be out?
I like that you removed the prophet. Maybe Heavy crossbow and regular should be just one unit. Shield wall needs unique mechanic, since this way it's rather useless. Mounted units don't seem consistent (horsemen shift from mounted melees to horse archers then again to mounted melees, or from mounted to chariots then again to elephants I think?) Maybe horse archer should be unique to Hippus? Flurries have okay concept - rapid firing archers, I suppose use would be close to machine guns but they are lacking in strenght and unique stuff and tech branch for them is unattractive (and blitz ain't that good as they have only 2 movement). Reckon is fine as is, at least in concept, beastmaster could use something unique too.
A bit of rambling, but question remains-will there be unit cutting?

Iam patiently waiting for .25 to come out but I have just a few questions:

1) you dont have anything on your to-do list so does that mean that version .25 is almost the same as the .23 version besides the one taht you will be implementing once shadow is out?

Yeah, outside of the 0.24 and 0.25 changelogs not much has changed. The BtS Fire conversion was planned to be everything in 0.23 converted to BtS with no new features. But because we have extra time I added some new stuff in.

Personally I think 0.25 is a pretty big step beyond 0.23 just because of the BtS features. I used Advanced start in just about every game and the AI changes are huge (both from BtS itself as well as the new spell system AI).

2) Are there any information regarding "shadow"? like what changes are being made and are there any new features? like a changelog? or better yet when it will be released?

There have been teaser info dropped here and there, but nothing formal yet. Right now we have a design doc but we haven't started implmenting yet (Im waiting for 3.13 and I don't want to manage 2 different version of the mod).

That being said, because we have the extra time we have slipped some "Shadow" features into 0.25. The biggest one was unique features, which was scheduled for "Shadow" but we added to 0.25.

3) is the latest patch really a requirement for .25 or can i play without updating my BTS?

Yes 3.13 is a requirement. The game won't even load without it.

4) also regarding the media pack for .23 can i use it for .25?

Yes, there will be a new version of the media pack for 0.25.

@TheJopa- The unit cuts have already occured. 0.23 had a little more that 400 units. 0.24 and 0.25 have about 250. When I was talking pre-BtS about cutting units I was talking about being able to cut them because unitartstyles meant we wouldn't need to create units just for art reasons. I just couldn't say why at the time becuase unitartstyles hadn't been announced yet.

Any further unit cutting will just be the normal process of tweaking and perfectign the design, I wouldn't expect anything significant.

I've got a couple of questions concerning the screenies. Sorry if the answers are obvious.

In the Avatar of Wraith screenshot, what type of barbs are those walking on water at the bottom?

In the Hell terrain shot, what civ is that? Charadon/Doviello? How are they surviving?

I've got a couple of questions concerning the screenies. Sorry if the answers are obvious.

In the Avatar of Wraith screenshot, what type of barbs are those walking on water at the bottom?

In the Hell terrain shot, what civ is that? Charadon/Doviello? How are they surviving?

Thats the new model for the Drown you see water walking. If I remember correctly thats Mahala surviving in Hell. She converted to the Veil and Sacrifice the Weak. She doing very well and is ranked higher than I am.

Greetings Kael.
Could you care to explain what exactly the unique features are, and what they do?

Greetings Kael.
Could you care to explain what exactly the unique features are, and what they do?

29. Added the Unique Feature mechanic (woodelf).
30. Added the Yggdrasil unique feature (+1 happy, provides the fruit of yggdrasil resource, boosts food).
31. Added the Tomb of Sucellus unique feature (+1 happy, provides life mana).
32. Added the Mirror of Heaven unique feature (line of site +6, provides sun mana).
33. Added the Letum Frigus unique feature (no effect... yet).
34. Added the Maelstrom unique feature (damages, destroies or teleports ships that pass through it).
35. Added the Broken Sepulcher unique feature (provides death mana, Barbatmos spawns on it) (seZ).
36. Added the Barbatmos unit (barbarian lich hero, won't leave the Broken Sepulcher).
37. Increased the max players from 18 to 40.
38. Added the Remnants of Patria unique feature (+3 happy, boosts hammers).
39. Added the Pyre of the Seraphic unique feature (provides fire mana, can sacrifice angels to bhall on it).
40. Added the Dragon Bones unique feature (provides ivory, boosts trade, +1 happy).
41. Added the Pool of Tears unique feature (+1 happy, cures disease, enervation, plague and poison).

I think thats all the unique features so far, they are listed on the first page

29. Added the Unique Feature mechanic (woodelf).
30. Added the Yggdrasil unique feature (+1 happy, provides the fruit of yggdrasil resource, boosts food).
31. Added the Tomb of Sucellus unique feature (+1 happy, provides life mana).
32. Added the Mirror of Heaven unique feature (line of site +6, provides sun mana).
33. Added the Letum Frigus unique feature (no effect... yet).
34. Added the Maelstrom unique feature (damages, destroies or teleports ships that pass through it).
35. Added the Broken Sepulcher unique feature (provides death mana, Barbatmos spawns on it) (seZ).
36. Added the Barbatmos unit (barbarian lich hero, won't leave the Broken Sepulcher).
37. Increased the max players from 18 to 40.
38. Added the Remnants of Patria unique feature (+3 happy, boosts hammers).
39. Added the Pyre of the Seraphic unique feature (provides fire mana, can sacrifice angels to bhall on it).
40. Added the Dragon Bones unique feature (provides ivory, boosts trade, +1 happy).
41. Added the Pool of Tears unique feature (+1 happy, cures disease, enervation, plague and poison).

I think thats all the unique features so far, they are listed on the first page

Yes, I've read through that. ;)
I just need to have it explained to me what a unique future IS. Is it like a resource? Or is it something totally different? ;p

as you can guess, I'm not used to playing BTS, haven't even tried it yet ^^

The unique features cannot be destroyed, right? In my roleplay I prefer a good civ. Pyre of the Seraphic is unsettling. :mad: :lol:

I just need to have it explained to me what a unique future IS. Is it like a resource? Or is it something totally different? ;p

as you can guess, I'm not used to playing BTS, haven't even tried it yet ^^
There are none in BtS, just FfH 2 shadow. It's like a resource, but you'll only find one of each, at most, on the map in any game. Something to search out and maybe even fight over. Some are even like pre-built wonders.

Got two questions, since i am a relatively new player. I've been playing multiplayer team a bit, and noticed two things.

1. I've noticed that dwarven druids are a lurchip UU, however the lurchip are not able to build groves, compared to the khazad, who can build a grove, so they can never build the unit.

2. World wonders that are continent wide only affect your player, instead of the team, is their any plan to change this? Or have rituals like genesis affect the team also, instead of just the player.

Kioras

Got two questions, since i am a relatively new player. I've been playing multiplayer team a bit, and noticed two things.

1. I've noticed that dwarven druids are a lurchip UU, however the lurchip are not able to build groves, compared to the khazad, who can build a grove, so they can never build the unit.

Kioras

The luchuirp cannot build druids as they are usually a good team
Druids are only buildable by neutrals, so you would have to change their alignment to build any druids.

Well alignment change is easy enough if you want to, it is just the fact they have the dwarven druids as a UU, and yet they are missing the building to build them

Well alignment change is easy enough if you want to, it is just the fact they have the dwarven druids as a UU, and yet they are missing the building to build them

2. World wonders that are continent wide only affect your player, instead of the team, is their any plan to change this? Or have rituals like genesis affect the team also, instead of just the player.

Kioras

I dont know why the Luchuirp cant build Grove's. Thats probably a holdover form back when dwarves couldnt build druids or beastmasters. I'll remove the block.

No real plans to alow wonders to effect teams more frequently. I wouldn't want to do it for Genesis but its worth considering for some of the other wonders.

If I remember correctly, the Dwarves can't build rangers, which means that even though they can build druids, they are unable to upgrade their scouts and hunters to druids like other civs can.

I don't suppose we'll get to see the AP (or some variant of it, probably with a different name) added to FfH, will we? I was thinking that allowing 2 or 3 AP type wonders (perhaps 1 allowed per alignment?) would be quite interesting. You could be forced to pick sides when both an Order/Empyrean AP and an AV/Council of Esus AP are trying to force you to do different things, or if a schism develops between a good and evil leaves. New voting options, like banning the use of mana types deemed offensive by that religion (entropy and death for Order, Shadow for empyrean, etc) would also be interesting.

In "Shadow" terms you are talking about the Overcouncil and the Undercouncil. I think you will enjoy what we have planned.

Just wondering:

For this unique feature thing, as it stands are features larger than a single tile possible? (...like the features in SMAC...)

Just wondering:

For this unique feature thing, as it stands are features larger than a single tile possible? (...like the features in SMAC...)

This would be really interesting to have, an unique feature like that could mark some land which have a specific bonus/penalty per tile

Top Bottom