Test pitboss

We've all played but Robi D. There is a timer reduction down to 48 pending on the server. You change it during a turn and the next turn has that time. Another 1-2 turns in it can be lowered down to the regular value of ~24.

Well i'm done, turn 1 is underway :)

For when people are eliminated in the game my spoiler will once again be hosted at cdz. I imagine Robi will post his up to.

As mine is generally more detailed/awesome then i suggest when you're eliminated you check out mine first.

So does this mean your actually going to do more than one update every 50 or so turns:p

Oh and my start has just won me the game, i'll give you all a chance now to surrender instead was waiting the next couple of hundred turns to lose

Spoiler :

You're right, 9 coast tiles, only 3 sea. Lets try attaching this way...

Although my city maybe better than Donovan, I think I earn the "peninsula of doom" prize away from him. After settling the city, I see tundra on one end of the jetty, and ice on the other!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 115
Thought I might settle my first city this turn.
Hmm, interesting choice... I don't know that I would have given up a river and a coastal start for a plains-hill that has no fresh water and is 1 tile off the coast. But each to their own. :)

Oh and my start has just won me the game, i'll give you all a chance now to surrender instead was waiting the next couple of hundred turns to lose
All hail the victorious Robi! :lol: Uh, wait a minute... :mischief:

Although my city maybe better than Donovan, I think I earn the "peninsula of doom" prize away from him. After settling the city, I see tundra on one end of the jetty, and ice on the other!
Uh-oh, that doesn't sound good... hope you're not stuck in an ice prison at one of the poles...

I probably would've settled on the Marble, giving a 2:food: 3:hammers: 1:commerce: city tile which would give you 5:hammers: per turn to build that first workboat.

Hmm, interesting choice... I don't know that I would have given up a river and a coastal start for a plains-hill that has no fresh water and is 1 tile off the coast. But each to their own. :)

I moved 1SE onto the plains hill because of the lack of seafood or river tiles. I'm going to have to move the capital later if I intend to be using Bureaucracy anyway, so I might as well attempt to maximise the early game worth of the city.

I probably would've settled on the Marble, giving a 2:food: 3:hammers: 1:commerce: city tile which would give you 5:hammers: per turn to build that first workboat.
Yeah, that would have been a pretty good tile to found the city on. Although it might have missed out on a seafood resource to the west. But all in all, the extra 2 hammers per turn in the early game would have been pretty powerful. Cost of 2 turns to move there, though.

I moved 1SE onto the plains hill because of the lack of seafood or river tiles. I'm going to have to move the capital later if I intend to be using Bureaucracy anyway, so I might as well attempt to maximise the early game worth of the city.
Fair enough. It's not ideal, but I guess you can't do much better with the surrounding land. I just have an aversion to founding cities 1 tile off the coast, especially if they contain more than 1-2 coastal tiles in their fat cross.

Azz, I think you forgot to end your turn before you logged out. Might want to fix that soon. :)

11/16 played already this turn - within 4 hours! Impressive! :D Hope we can keep this rate of play up during these early turns.

To settle on Marble I would have to give up fresh water and a seafood and 2 turns for it. I'm praying there's a bangarang city site nearby else I'm toast anyway. The faster I find it, the better.

Ceiliazul, your city site looks a lot like mine, do you know if you're near the north of the south pole? Or is it too early to tell yet. If you're in the south I'm going to be worried that you're my cell mate in a long ice prison.

To settle on Marble I would have to give up fresh water and a seafood and 2 turns for it. I'm praying there's a bangarang city site nearby else I'm toast anyway. The faster I find it, the better.

Fresh water isn't that valuable. The 2 extra health is nice, but not worth more than a 2/3/1 city tile. It is a huge advantage to have a 3:hammers: tile to settle on. You would even keep the sheep and the two crabs in the BFC.

Also, taking the two turns to settle on the marble would actually mean you have a much faster start.

I don't think I've EVER waited to t3 found a city. Since by t30 I'll have it mined at 4h 2g, I see that having a longterm payout. What do others think?

Ceiliazul, your city site looks a lot like mine, do you know if you're near the north of the south pole? Or is it too early to tell yet. If you're in the south I'm going to be worried that you're my cell mate in a long ice prison.

Yes I know which pole I'm on. May our peace last until there is no one else left to conquer.

I don't think I've EVER waited to t3 found a city. Since by t30 I'll have it mined at 4h 2g, I see that having a longterm payout. What do others think?
If you had another seafood tile at your starting location that you wouldn't have got if you moved to the marble, I think it was fine to settle in place. If there wasn't any other seafood, I think I lean towards Azz's comment of settling on the marble. Not sure what I would have done if I'd started there, probably 50/50. :)

In my opinion settling on the marble makes it a stronger tile.

I think even though when improved the tile will yield 4h2g and that is more hammers than 2f3h1g if you settle on it, the fact that you won't have to use a citizen to work that no food tile makes the difference. I see it as you're losing 1h1g if you settle on the marble plains hill, but gaining 2f and not having to use a citizen to get the yield meaning you can grow faster while still accessing most of the hammer benefits of the resource. Another benefit is you don't have to wait the 7 turns it takes to build a quarry on that hill.

So in the end you're giving up 2 early turns, but saving 7 worker turns needed to access the marble (and it's increased yield) and growing faster while utilizing that tile (+2f on that tile and citizen can work food tiles instead).

At least you remembered... ;)

Top Bottom