A Civ of Ice and Fire Mod

Is there a list of steps to install and play the mod?
I downloaded it (from steam) and am ready to play.

Thanks.

This looks promising. I've been gone away from Civ for a long time, this will be a mod I'll play with though.

Just wanted to say what a great mod, I love it! getting my 3rd day out of it now!

Any plans for further improvements?

Just wanted to say what a great mod, I love it! getting my 3rd day out of it now!

Any plans for further improvements?

I'm sorry I don't at this point, I am currently at Carnegie Mellon's Entertainment Technology Center creating games and being kept so busy I barely have time to sleep. However, if any of you want to continue my work I will provide whatever help I can advising you and would be willing to create some icons so that the style stays consistent in the future. Just keep me informed. TTFN

Hello Ezraingram,

I love the book wrote by G.R.R Martin and had hard work to further advance your mod.

It's still on alpha version but slowly taking form.

I removed the later eras, and add a lot of new technologies instead to give more content.

New Techtree :

Spoiler :

I add some new stuff & art for units / Buildings.

Here are some examples :
Spoiler :

I planned to add lots of units, buildings, wonders etc. The last version I put online is already old, maybe I will add a more recent one next week end.

Time is a rare ressource, but if you find some I will be really happy to work further with you on the project.

I thank you already for what you have done.
Hope to see you soon.

Kwadjh

Hi,

First of all, I have just finished the first four ASOIAF books and I'm about to start the fifth, so this mod is an unexpected gift.

I have a problem though. When playing with Stark, I start losing 22/25 gold each turn, due to tile maintenance.
I guess that's because of the Golden Way, but in 10 turn or so my units begin to disband.
Is there a way to compensate this?

Thanks,

Hello Wallander,

Good to see someone is doing a little bit of testing. :)

You are right, it's due to title maintenance of the road.
The best way to survive is :
- to build "Hunting ground" on furs.
- Accept the peace treaty with Greyjoy civilization since they give you a lot of gold.
- Spam Settlers to key point and created others cities.
- Take the policy tradition and rush to the policy who gives gold & decrease unhappiness for each 2 population in your capital.

And it may works.

Of course it is not suppose to stay like that, but I still have a lot of work before working on the scenario. ;)

I am now at version 7. So I hope you will be glad to see I progress a lot !! I will post it before this evening in the "Game of Thrones" subject I open some weeks ago.

Kwadjh

Hey there,
im quite new to Mods with Civ 5 and am actually really impressed at how far some mods reach.
One of these Mods is this Ice and Fire Mod and id really like to play it but the CIvs when choosing one Are only like TEXT_KEY and so on. That carries on with the Units ingame and frankly speaking it annoys the hell out of me :D. Especcially with you guys saying it runs perfectly.
I get the feeling i just have to make a small adjustment but cant find what to adjust, no tutorial or else. I already tried to clear the cache and reinstalled it. No changes there.
Well i certainly hope you can help me :)

okay thanks.
I actually had the newest version of the Mod, nevertheless i downloaded it again and now it works just fine.
I guess there was some error within the rar from the download or such.
thanks for the help :)
And Boy, you thats some good work you do there :) keep it up ^^

i downloaded this mod from the link provided and finally - a GoT mod that doesn't have TXT_KEY_EVERYTHING.

i hope this mod is as fun a prospect as it sounds, playing now.

Humm, are you sure you have the latest version ?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=437575

Use the link in the second post. MOD : Game of thrones

Download the files in the mod directory : My documents/my games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS.

Then it should works.

Wow, could someone put this as a sticky at the top of this thread? I screwed around with the old Civ of Ice and Fire mode for ages before finding this link to the updated Game of Thrones v7, and I was having all sorts of problems other people seem to have had (with HKEY_TEXT indicators etc etc).

Thanks for the great work on the mod, I just want more people to enjoy it!!

Okay so I am about ready to release the newest version of this mod which is a HUGE step forward from the last one (tech tree, way more customized units, the map generator and resources are customized, religions, wonders and wonder units, etc) Basically I've moved away from making this a scenario game into a game you play on randomly generated maps like any Civ game, though I do intend to update the scenario.

But, I am having a bit of a problem.

I wantz to make you guys happy and include Dragons, yes Dragons :) I made a model (only with one texture and animation for now) and I'm not going to get into the specifics of how I have carefully balanced the game to accommodate the dragons unit, suffice it to say that Daenerys gets a head start but everyone can possibly get their hands on Dragons (though it is hard) and Daenerys takes a nerf on her special units. The tech tree already accommodates them and there is the dragon eggs resource. My problem is that I can't get Nexus working right, and the Indie Stone Nexus Buddy Tools don't seem available for download anymore.

In the directions for setting up Nexus it says to edit the registry at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/FIRAXIS/Tools/ToolAssetPath but I don't have that I have HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/FIRAXIS/ModBuddy/... and then two folders 1.0 and 1.0_Config and no Tools/ToolAssetPath. So I decided to ignore it and see if I could at least get Nexus to import my FBX. It will import it but the 3D preview isn't rendering right. my FBX works just fine when imported back into Max and when I take it into Unity3D so I have no idea why Nexus hatez me. The 3D preview shows me the bones' tags but zilch beyond that and the Animation Manager doesn't even become available. Maybe I need to set my export settings in Max a certain way?

Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated. As soon as I can get the Dragon unit art into the Mod I can release it.

Hello Ezraingram,

I am really happy that you are back !! :)

I work a lot on the mod, in vanilla version, adding a lot of units, buildings, technologies, changing the unit art, :

and now in G&K version. I also successfully implement a drake, that was working in the last version. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=452729

Currently, I am almost done with the adaptation under G&K, but I am still struggling to use the new system to implement new units art, and I hope I will find a solution.

Don't hesitate to contact me. There is so much to do, we can work together. :)

Hello Ezraingram,

I am really happy that you are back !! :)

I work a lot on the mod, in vanilla version, adding a lot of units, buildings, technologies, changing the unit art, :

and now in G&K version. I also successfully implement a drake, that was working in the last version. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=452729

Currently, I am almost done with the adaptation under G&K, but I am still struggling to use the new system to implement new units art, and I hope I will find a solution.

Don't hesitate to contact me. There is so much to do, we can work together. :)

I wasn't gone so much as working, I've been in this program at Carnegie Mellon doing game design with different companies and such, and it has been a bit too demanding to leave time for modding. In fact I will be back in the fray in about two weeks so that's all the time I have to figure this out. I can send you the current build and you can take a look if you want. I know what I am supposed to do to get my Dragon model into the game i just can't implement the process because 1) the Nexus registry key path I am supposed to use doesn't seem to exist, and 2) Nexus hatez me.

BTW this is what I am trying to get into the game. It is based on the books' description of Drogon, not the best model and texture ever but time is of the essence. I think though that if push came to shove it might work to re-texture the white drake.

Top Bottom