Dawn of Colonization Sign-Ups

I'm pretty sure the sign-ups are still open. There is a map in the OP (in the first spoiler) but you may have to go through the thread to see if anyone has already claimed in an area you are interested in. I think there is a now somewhat out of date compilation map one of the players put together as well posted in the thread.

I said that i will invade, if you start the war. If you dont start imperialistic wars, then we can be allies.

Can't copy the map ;( can somone tell me how i can copy that map into pain so i cna color it in?
Tanks
FPSlover

Updated map, with all known nations, at least approximatively (for Shanghai and Tripoli, who are located around these cities but without making specific claims):
Spoiler :

Sone will more than likely have an excel sheet to show stats. View an update in Multipolarity for an example. It'll be easy to see what you have to spend, your military power, etc.

I'll post a link to Google Documents showing it. If that doesn't work, I'll screencap the Excel stats and post them.

PS: This is just the sign up thread right? When should we expect the real thread?

Sometime within the next few days.

You could possibly get away with investing in industry, I'm not 100% on how that works. However, most likely, if you choose not to expand you will be behind most of the other players economically.

Yes. Horizontal expansion and then vertical once the payoff from horizontal expansion is no longer worth the risk.

However, if you want to not expand then it is up to you. IOT is about having fun and if a small empire on the Yangtze river floats your boat, good on you. Heck, declaring a schism on turn one can't be good for my overall economy, but it's what I want to do. :)

@Sonereal: You might want to add Russian Orthodox Christianity to the list as a schism of Celtic-Catholicism, that will become a religion turn one.

Noted.

Hey can a old GM and former player who lost his account still join this game?
Thanks
FPSlover

PS; If so were could i place my kingdon/Republic?

Welcome.

I want to join this, but at the same time I don't.
Anyone want to convince me to join?

I bring cookies?

Can't copy the map ;( can somone tell me how i can copy that map into pain so i cna color it in?
Tanks
FPSlover

Can't copy and paste into paint?

Sorry, got the first colours I could grab.

Nope dose nto work the main map is too large
How do i make it smaller so i can copy/past it into pain?
Thanks
FPSlover

Drag the map into your desktop, right click it and hover over "open with:"

Click on "Paint."

Use the select feature to select a portion of the map, then press ctrl+c, ctrl+n, then ctrl+v. Colour it in, save it, upload, and post.

Eh, you can copy-paste it anyway. Right click, "Copy image", go to Paint tab, Ctrl+v. nd then you'll have a huge map. But there's an option to reduce the size somewhere. Although I recommend to select and cut the area where you want to start and work just with that.

For the most part, the stats are finished. Just need to test Google Documents. Game should start Saturday. I suggest expanding your nation posts with a history and what not. That'll net a little population boost.

History:

The City of Shanghai, China, is an old city with a long history. In the year 1300, Xu Kong I came upon the city during a time of famine and crisis, and promised them hope. Much of the populace supported him.

He then circulated a legend that he had slain a dragon in combat, which had sought to subjegate the Shanghai people. He called his empire "The Empire of the Dragon" which nationalizes the fierce spirit of the dragon, and shows a people that allegedly had a Dragon-killing leader.

Whether right before Xu Kong I took the city of Shanghai, or immediately after, isn't known, but the Emperor claimed he had a vision from God showing him the Christian Church in the New Testament times, and how Apostolic theology was skewed toward paganism, and that Jesus Christ had chosen him to revitalize the Church. Within five years, the Oriental Catholic Church was born, the Universal Church of Jesus Christ. Well-versed in both Western and Eastern thought, philosophy, and religion, Xu Kong I knew full well how to run a Church, and the Church became strong.

Upon his death, his two sons had a feud as to who would take the Empire. The Emperor's oldest son, Xu Kong II, was very politically minded, while his brother was a former Buddhist Monk who was deeply interested in Eastern Christianity and how it could be reconciled with certain aspects of his old Buddhist faith. The monk took the seat of the papacy, while Xu Kong II took the throne of Shanghai, in a compromise. This tradition lasted for over 200 years, with the family of the oldest son ruling, and the family of the younger son administrating the Church, with only minor conflicts between the two.

History:

The City of Shanghai, China, is an old city with a long history. In the year 1300, Xu Kong I came upon the city during a time of famine and crisis, and promised them hope. Much of the populace supported him.

He then circulated a legend that he had slain a dragon in combat, which had sought to subjegate the Shanghai people. He called his empire "The Empire of the Dragon" which nationalizes the fierce spirit of the dragon, and shows a people that allegedly had a Dragon-killing leader.

Whether right before Xu Kong I took the city of Shanghai, or immediately after, isn't known, but the Emperor claimed he had a vision from God showing him the Christian Church in the New Testament times, and how Apostolic theology was skewed toward paganism, and that Jesus Christ had chosen him to revitalize the Church. Within five years, the Oriental Catholic Church was born, the Universal Church of Jesus Christ. Well-versed in both Western and Eastern thought, philosophy, and religion, Xu Kong I knew full well how to run a Church, and the Church became strong.

Upon his death, his two sons had a feud as to who would take the Empire. The Emperor's oldest son, Xu Kong II, was very politically minded, while his brother was a former Buddhist Monk who was deeply interested in Eastern Christianity and how it could be reconciled with certain aspects of his old Buddhist faith. The monk took the seat of the papacy, while Xu Kong II took the throne of Shanghai, in a compromise. This tradition lasted for over 200 years, with the family of the oldest son ruling, and the family of the younger son administrating the Church, with only minor conflicts between the two.

Wouldn't that... you know... make them hate him? Given that Chinese thought reveres dragons, and all...

Top Bottom