The Netherlands

They are my favourite civ.

All of their Unique Ability/Unit/impovement is very powerful.

UA allows you to have 6 gpt per ressource. You can trade them without to be worried about happiness.
And then when you etablish a trade route with a civ, there is a big chance to get them like ally and next you can get 240 gold per ressource.

Polder makes your city very tall
and you can put your city in the middle of marsh => It's very good defensive position.

Sea beggar built in a city with barracks and armory can have +60% against city + double attack + heal everywhere + steal naval unit.

So you take 6 sea beggar and they can take a city easily, when a beggar attack, the others heal. And for that you earn money !

Then when you upgrade them to destroyer and you are the master of the water, because they still have the ability to steal other naval unit.

PS : Sorry for my english :)

Well yesterday I won on King, small maps. Their UA is still very usefull, even for getting GPT and trading your last resource for another 2 happiness(I was swimming in happiness). I went 4 city's and opened with both tradition and liberty followed by Commerce and Freedom. Utrecht was my main port followed by Groningen. Amsterdam and Rotterdam just exploded because of a good grassland starting location and polders with 3 floodplains and 1 marsh. I went cultural, but because of all the money I got from trading everything I had, plus adding up the trade routes, I could do whatever I want. So I build an army and first whiped China followed by Brazil. The celts got dominated by my culture and shortly after that, they declared war on Kamehameha. Having a huge army, I sailed east, and just swarmed Polynesia and by capturing Honolulu won a cultural victory.

O yeah I forgot, getting those foreign legions was just awesome, going against musketmen was a laugh.

Top Bottom