Heathens for the win

Ovidious

Chieftain
I'm trying something new, to me at least. After finishing the Piety branch I went with missionary's convert heathens reformation belief as the buy libraries, universities, etc with faith was not available, which I usually pick.

I bought a missionary as soon as I could and took him for a walk. At first I thought he would disappear after doing one conversion like when he is used in a city. But wait, he is still there and the barb village disappeared, with just a warrior being left next to my missionary!

Coolness, now to try a little war on the neighbors. I started with close to 500 gold in the bank and it is going fast to feed and supply all the barb recruits I have. In one turn I had converted three at once. I have about a dozen barb recruits at this time.

I cannot remember what turn I am on but it is really early in the game.

So now I am building a massive unfunded army and rolling towards my closest neighbor who happens to be Alexander. As I was going around him my other neighbor gives me the choice about passing through or declaring war. Hmm took war.

Oops lost a few warriors/spearmen attacking that city. That's okay. I'll just walk my little missionary over to the nearest barb camp and replace them in a couple of turns.

Wow, this is a totally new way for me to be a warmonger without ever having to build units. As long as I protect my missionary from my enemies, I have a roving unit factory.

The big downside I see is going broke fielding such a large army this early in the game, plus I need to check on the happiness, which was not in the red yet.

Ok enough rambling for now, cannot wait to play again when i get home tonight.

Playing as Poland on standard with huge map, raging barbarians.

Top Bottom