I can't load any scenarios...

sennomulo

Friendly
I've tried downloading some scenarios off this site, but whenever I try to load them, it'll let me choose who I want to be, then it'll show the little world map in the corner and everything, but the whole map is black and it gets stuck about 90% through "Configuring Scenario..." and then does nothing. :mad:

Is it my computer? Is it a bug? BTW I have Civ 3 Complete edition.

what scenarios are you trying to run? some of them are proper monsters that take ages to set up - such as the age of imperialism and cold war 1961. i have to start loading them, go and do something else for about 15-30minutes. and my computer is reasonably good.

Yeah I was experiencing the same thing until I realized it's just because the scenarios and mods are so huge! If it was like a 100 MB download you can probably expect to wait a little bit. My advice, go fix a sandwich and watch some TV for about 20 minutes. Hehe.

Ah, I was convinced my computer was doing absolutely nothing but it must have just been very quiet. I tried waiting about 10 minutes and eventually it loaded the entire scenario and all of a sudden I was Benito Mussolini re-establishing a Roman Mediterranean empire. (insert evil fascistic laugh here)

Thanks for helping out a n00b.

Top Bottom