Request: Steampunk mod.

Czar Leopold

Chieftain
Hello all.
I started this thread because, obviously, I would like to see a heavily steampunk mod for CivIV Beyond the sword (because in my opinion it is the best expansion.) And I lack the skills to do it myself.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone out there with fairly epic skills with all this moddinfg stuff could make some sort of Steampunk mod.
On the lines of concept I have got as far as:
Starts in either the very start, e.g 4000BC, and research fairly normally until, say, gunpowder or the discovery of coal. Then the fun starts.
Obviously to have this mod as fun as it and you deserve, technology would have to enter the industrial era remarkably quickly.
The tech-tree should be fairly big, and encompass lots of technologies held as steampunk, like flying ships, steam tanks and airships.
Obviously units shold differ from the norm as well.
I can't think of much else, because I'm no modder, and I'm new to Civ.
Thankyou, and goodnight:)

what your saying is really easy to do, as long as there aere models... learning to mod is erally easy, and you could do it yourself :)

sincerely,
thomas

there are a lot of tutorials to start to learn to mod in the tutorials section... and most of the XML is self evident.

good luck :)

thomas

King Arthur in the Civ3 forums started some discussion of a possible Steampunk scenario. From a design point of you, I'd think it'd be best to design a specific scenario for a very limited time frame, and then expand it as far as you can.

yeah the problem with a steampunk mod is that it's mostly all flavour...meaning LOTS of new custom models.

so unless you can get one of the expert modelers interested in this...it's not really going anywhere.

Ive been working on a post apocalyptic mod which is basicly steampunk in a world gone mad. When ive done enough to post it ill link to it for you.

Dishonored series gives a nice political setting to a mod like that.
Also - there are the pre made civ, called "the mechano" from Rise From Erebus mod which boasts a nice execution of a steampunk motif.

I think of an economical model in which a way to make gold\Happyness\prod might be to hunt a whale and "cash in" a token that it drops.

These tokens might be a basis of a higher tire economy.

I might help you with the whale\levaiathan\behemoth model if there isn't anything to you liking in the ready.

Top Bottom