map of far east (east china, mongolia, korea, japan)

chinhan

Chieftain
It's a shame that I have never found a map depicting china acurately in details. i am personally to lazy to generate a map whole by myself. So i took Carl Anton Vaaranmaa's (anton.vaaranmaa@pp.inet.fi.com) far east map and heavily editted it in the china part.

i have also attached three jpeg pics. 1st one is the overal pic. 2nd one is the explanation of north china land shape. 3rd one is the explanation of the south china land shape. in the graph, province capitals and other famous cities have been marked in english. other cities with historical interests are marked in chinese. Words in black are name of the important land pass; Words in red are names of rivers and mountains.

I also have setted up civ start locations for the possible two scenarios

1. 7 Warrior States:
Roman for Wei kingdom; Babylon for Han kingdom; Frederick for Chu kingdom; Cleopatra for Qi kingdom; Greece for Zhao kingdom; India for Yan kingdom; and China for Chin kingdom...

2. post three kingdom era: barbarian invasion of china:
Boadicea for Qian Yan kingdom, Japan for Qian Shu kingdom, Germany for Heng Chong clan of Jin Empire, Spain for Xie An clan of Jin Empire; Greece for Hou Zhao kingdom, Mongolia for Bei Wei kingdom, China for Qian Qin kingdom.

Please let me know if you have anyquestions by email me at liangkefrbu@yahoo.com.

Have Fun!!

Ke Liang

Attachments

• detailed china.zip
    869.1 KB · Views: 156
Thanks Werd.

I have played the zhanguo scenario and all under heaven. I found the map is not really accurate in rivers, mountains, and mountain passes. Maybe I am too picky on these items, but I guess they are very important elements in chinese imperial history. I.e. the south west should be mostly mountainous, north west should be mostly deserts, west of yellowriver and east of yellowriver should be covered by yellow soil instead of grass land. The south of Yangzi River should be majorly mountains forests and hills. Several mountains dividing province boundaries are very essential as they alone decide many historical events. For three kingdom scenarios along with many other chinese - civil war games, these land marks should be paid attention to. For scenarios involving china and other nations, these may not be as important.

I will check out the Warlords of China. :)

Check out these scenarios:

Warlords of China: http://www.tecumseh.150m.com/Warlords/Warlords_of_China.html

All Under Heaven: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118777

Zhan Guo: Quest for TianXia: http://www.civfanatics.com/news/2001-03.php

All three have good maps of China and are fun scenarios.

P.S. Good map, nice work!

I agree. A good map is the basis of a good game. Geography has channelled history both militarily and economically. If I ever get round to making a Chinese Civil War scenario (I like to play around with scenario ideas even if I don't have time to actually build them) I will make good use of your map :)

Top Bottom