Steampunk Conversions

Ozymandias

In Terra Fantasia
Supporter
The interest in Steampunk seemed to wain awhile ago largely due to lack of unit making. Not that I'm going to pretend (as your humble gfx village idiot) that I'm going to make a unit, but this one's so easy I thought someone might have a go. All it is is Hunter's Mk VIII with a smokestack c&p-ed twice.

Best To All,

Oz

Not to disagree with you Oz, but we have heard alot of interest expressed about the Steampunk Mod which is in vigorous development. What we haven't had alot of is unit makers jumping in. There are some legitimate reasons for this: It's summer, we've lost a number of unit makers to Civ4, a few have said they'd like to finish their current projects first. But since you've opened the discussion (with an excellent idea, by the way), let me point out that there is some work available for unit makers who aren't necessarily comfortable with complex units. For example, we need a Jules Verne - style moonship made along these lines:

Verne Rocket.jpg

and a Tardis (yes, from Dr. Who) for which we actually have a blender file:

Tardis.jpg

If even these are too challenging or time intensive, we are also looking for re-colors on a few already existing units.

If this interests anyone, come on over to the steampunk forum, where you'll be very welcome, and help us make a truly unique and interesting mod.

And thank you again Ozymandias, for your interest and support (and a good idea!).

:bump:

I hate to bump my own thread but I've gone from thinking this could be used for more than the Steampunk crew.

In the Grand Mod I'm Planning On Releasing One Of These Years, I'm positing alternative units if a required resource (like oil) isn't available but another (say, coal) is. I figure realistically one generation of steam-powered AFV might make it onto the battlefield, so ...

... I'd be most obliged if someone might take this on ... ?

Gracias,

Oz

Top Bottom