None Shall Pass 2 [Game Thread - Concluded]

Zack

99% hot gas
None Shall Pass 2

Sequel to None Shall Pass

An ancient evil arises. The Door of Night is broken. Morgoth has returned.

Now hurry and kill him, goddamn it!

Game Features:

• Your favorite Lord of the Rings and Star Wars characters, including some returning characters from None Shall Pass.

• Not a simple mafia vs. town setup. There are additional parties which might be neutral, hostile, or even friendly. Unlike the first game, there's no split town (i.e. there is only one, unified town as is more typical).

• The bad guys could be anyone. Similarly, anyone can be good or neutral.

• Everyone has a unique role and at least one ability.

• There is one item in the game – the One Ring.

• Investigations are not 100% effective. They are useful, but not infallible.

• Unlimited private communication.

• Upon a player's death, their alignment and role will be (truthfully) revealed.

• As always, twists and turns.

• Plenty of humor.

• For more information, click here.

Important Links:

1. Sign-Up Thread: The thread where people signed up for the game, believe it or not.

2. Sign-up list: A list of players and reserves signed up for the game.

3. Player List: A list of all the players in the game, whether or not they are alive, and some other details.

4. Official Game Rules: The rules of the game. Read before you do anything else, or I will find you and slap you.

5. Night Zero: And so it begins. Not with a bang, but with two fools jumping the gun and ruining the host's string of reserved posts.

6. Day One: SamSniped is lynched by the finest blaster for the price.

7. Night One: SouthernKing and Jarrema meet their end.

8. Day Two: Winston Hughes gets a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes.

9. Night Two: Count Dingdong's fire goes out, and Visorslash is impeached.

10. Day Three: Double A is killed after he "flinches". Both spaceman98 and his faction are eliminated.

11. Night Three: Backwards Logic, Sprig, and remake20 are all found dead.

12. Day Four: christos200 doesn't get published.

13. Night Four: BSmith and azzaman are killed. Morgoth's dream dies.

14. Day Five: SamSniped is late for dinner.

15. Night Five: Arakhor is threaded and flied.

16. Day Six: Takhisis gives a tender devotion to the memory of Kerwig the Racist.

17. Night Six: choxorn loses his head.

18. Day Seven: edse gets a trial by blaster.

19. Night Seven: JohannaK and Newyn both die.

20. Day Eight: Internet Flea forgets the 5 second rule.

21. Night Eight: Riedquat eats too much and Legato, uh, dies.

22. Day Nine: You thought Morgoth was the only ancient evil in this game?

23. Night Nine: The Assassin completes the quest for vengeance.

24. Game End: Game... uh, end.

25. QuickTopics: A list of host- and player-created QTs.

26. Morgoth: Setup and Role PMs for the Morgoth faction.

27. Vengeance: Setup and Role PMs for the Vengeance faction.

28. Jedi Order: Setup and Role PMs for the Jedi Order.

29. Empire: Setup and Role PMs for the Empire.

30. Town, Part 1: Setup and Role PMs for the Town.

31. Town, Part 2: Setup and Role PMs for the Town (continued). The character limit strikes again!

ALIVE:

6 / 32

Buddhafish
johnhughthom
Kennigit
KingMorgan
Snerk
Swammerdami

DEAD:

26 / 32

SamSniped - Bilbo Baggins

SouthernKing - Treebeard

Jarrema - Denethor

Winston Hughes - Grand Moff Tarkin

Visorslash - Bail Organa

Count Dingdong - Balrog

spaceman98 - Admiral Thrawn

Double A - Qui-Gon Jinn

Backwards Logic - Morgoth

Sprig - Yoda

remake20 - Jar Jar Binks

christos200 - Gollum

BSmith1068 - Barliman Butterbur

azzaman333 - Boromir

SamSniped (2) - Gimli

Arakhor - Haldir

Takhisis - Nazgûl

choxorn - Luke Skywalker / Luke Skywalker

edse - Mace Windu

JohannaK - Éowyn

Newyn - Gwaihir

Internet Flea - Wedge Antilles

Riedquat - Faramir

Legato Endless - Shaak Ti

Verarde - Aragorn

Tanar Aerdoth - Figwit

The Empire has been eliminated.

The Morgoth faction has been eliminated.

The Jedi Order has been eliminated.

You must read these rules before playing.

Listen to some relaxing music to make it easier.

1. Before the game begins, every player will be sent a Role PM. This will tell you everything you need to know about your character: your victory conditions, abilities, background information, and so on. There are no vanilla townies; every player has, at the very least, a unique character and one ability to start out the game. A sample town Role PM is posted below:

Spoiler :
Character Name

character picture​

Player: Bob Placeholder

Faction: Town. The Town is opposed to all who threaten its existence and seek to destroy it.

Alignment: Good, Neutral-Good, Neutral, Neutral-Evil, or Evil

Universe: Star Wars or Lord of the Rings

Ability: Ability Name. Ability description. Unless otherwise noted, abilities are for the Night phase.

Personal Goal: Personal Goal Name. Personal goal description. Note that these are for flavor/role-playing purposes, and that while you're encouraged to try and achieve your goal, it won't factory into your victory standing or anything.

Background Information:

Lore:

(from Wikipedia (or other relevant Wiki))

blah blah boring lore

None Shall Pass:

A brief description of your role in the first game and the current one.

Victory Conditions:

Major Victory: All threats to the Town are eliminated, and you survive to the end of the game.

Victory: All threats to the Town are eliminated.

Defeat: The Town is eliminated.

Major Defeat: The Town is the first faction eliminated.

2. You are NOT allowed to quote any part of your Role PM or any other PM I send you, in public or in private. You are allowed to say what role you are and what powers/abilities/whatever you have (however, you are forbidden from using the specific name of your ability, but directly quoting your entire Role PM or even partially quoting your Role PM is not allowed. Paraphrase.

Spoiler :
This is okay:

"I am Obi-Wan Kenobi, and each night I can eat spaghetti."

This is NOT okay:

"This is my ability, quoted from my Role PM:"

Ability: Lose Yourself. Palms sweaty? Knees weak? Arms heavy? Each night you can have some of my mom's spaghetti.

This is also NOT okay:

"I have an ability called "Lose Yourself", with a picture of Eminem eating pasta.

3. You ARE allowed to communicate privately with other living players. Feel free to send PMs, IMs, create your own QuickTopics, whatever. Just don't quote anything from me. Zack the Nosy would be interested in forwarded PM chains and QT links, if you don't mind, but it certainly isn't required (and if you choose to do so, send me the full conversation after it's over so my PM box isn't flooded).

4. You ARE allowed to quote private communications you have with other players. These are easily falsified, and it's tedious to paraphrase private conversations. However, no screenshots!

Spoiler :
This is okay:

"Zack sent me a weird PM in which he professed his love for me."

This is also okay:

"This is what that schmuck Zack sent me. What an idiot."

Zack said:
Greetings,

I scanned you as town last night. Will you marry me?

This is NOT okay:

"Zack's been acting really suspicious... and weird..."

5. Everyone with any active night abilities must send me night orders via CFC's private messaging system. Failure to do so will result in your character performing no action. I would appreciate it if you title your PM "Night x orders" and quote the ability/abilities you are using in your orders. I will also take orders from host-created QuickTopics, but please bold your orders using <b></b> tags.

6. If you're dead, unless I specifically tell you otherwise, the only place you may discuss this game privately with others is in the Dead QuickTopic. You can say anything you wish in the thread, with the following caveats: (1) You cannot reveal information that is not already public, and (2) You cannot say anything to try and influence the living players. Feel free to make snarky comments, curse the name of the people who killed you, or that sort of thing.

7. During the Day Phase, players vote to lynch one player. In order to vote for someone, simply Vote: Player. Votes must be bolded, although the "Vote" tag is optional. As for retractions, you may do whatever you want, whether it be striking it out or Unvote, but it is not required -- you can simply vote for someone else.

8. No Lynch IS a valid lynch option. Abstaining is also allowed. If you unvote without voting for someone else, I will count it as an abstention. If you post during the Day phase, but do not vote, I will count this as an abstention (to note that you are active). Invalid votes (i.e. editing a post with a vote in it) will also be counted as an abstention.

9. Lynch votes that end in a tie will result in the lynching of the first player to reach the tied value. Note that there may or may not be abilities affecting lynch voting, so the tally and results are not necessarily required to match.

10. No editing the content of your posts, and no editing your post at all if it has a vote. Make a new post if you must. Grammar or spelling edits are allowable, but be sure to list the reason in the edit box. Editing a post with a vote in it renders that vote invalid.

11. WOGs will occur as I deem them fit. Please, please don't make me WOG you. If possible, I will replace you, but even that is inconvenient. If I run out of reserves, I may use players who died very early.

12. The host is not a player in this game. Don't try to lynch me or target me with your night actions.

13. The player list will be kept updated on the first page, as well as after each update. Each update will be linked to on the first page.

14. Role and alignment will be truthfully revealed upon death. No chicanery such as mafia appearing as town when they die.

15. If you have any questions about the game, ask in the thread unless it involves sensitive information. But for the love of God, check the rules first!

16. BE ACTIVE! You're encouraged to not only vote, but to participate in lengthy and in-depth discussions in the thread. This game was designed for active players, not inactive ones.

17. Have fun! This is, above all, a game. Having fun and respecting your fellow player is more important than winning the game.

18. If you're unsure whether or not you're allowed to do something, don't do it. You can always ask me. (Read the rules first, though.)

19. Don't use purple. That is the GM color.

Goddamn it. @BSmith please delete Sprig and Visorslash's posts please.

Night 0 update coming. You can post if you want, but no votes before the update will count. First day will be a little long to let everyone find their way here. There's no minimum number of votes for a lynch, but you CAN vote for No Lynch.

LINK TO MUSIC

warning: some explicit language

And I will rejoice in your fall from grace
With a cane to the sky like none shall pass
None shall pass
None shall pass

"The Door of Night? Is that an emo band?"

"No, Zaccino. It's the prison that held Morgoth... or something. I'm not a big fan of the lore or anything, but I think that's what the wiki said."

"Oh, so Morgoth is the lead singer? Must be a metal band, then. You have to admit "Morgoth" sounds pretty metal, Zack."

"Fair enough. Would it be better if I called it Tarn Fui?"

"Sounds like a pasta dish. Is that what the band had for lunch?"

The back and forth is interrupted by an angry citizen.

"You're butchering the lore! Heathen!"

"I mean, we already did that. It's already butchered."

"By this point, it's probably been made into a cheeseburger."

"'For 'tis said ere the Great end come Melkor shall in some wise contrive a quarrel between Moon and Sun, and Ilsinor shall se-'"

"Let me stop you right there, fella. You're just a Silmarillion-thumper, probably one of those fundamentalists from the Silmarillion belt."

"I bet he takes the whole thing... literally. Ha!"

"Ha ha!"

"Ha ha ha!"

"Please, stop it!"

The two continued to tear apart the lore with a metaphorical meat cleaver, but the long and short of it is thus: Morgoth, an ancient evil, has broken free of his eternal prison. To stop him and his reign of terror, you must honor the ancient method of our ancestors and kill one person every day until Morgoth and his minions are eliminated. This method has been proven to work.

"Only half the time, if that!"

Hey, I didn't say it was proven to always work. Oh, and you might have to eliminate others too. Or maybe not.

Good luck. Try not to die.

"Most people do."

Shh, you.

It is now Day One.

[TIMER=2/24/2015 11:59 PM EST; Day One Over]tunnel snakes rule[/TIMER]

ALIVE:

32 / 32

Arakhor
azzaman333
Backwards Logic
BSmith1068
Buddhafish
choxorn
christos200
CivGeneral
Count Dingdong
Double A
edse
Jarrema
JohannaK
Kennigit
KingMorgan
Legato Endless
Newyn
remake20
Riedquat
SamSniped
Snerk
SouthernKing
spaceman98
Sprig
Swammerdami
Takhisis
Tanar Aerdoth
TFT
topsecret
Verarde
Visorslash
Winston Hughes

DEAD:

0 / 32

No one...

yet.

As I posted before the game had started, I am clearly town and all town players should roleclaim to me immediately so I set up a wonderful network and not actually be a serial killer this time. Definitely won't happen twice.

Vote: Legato Endless

If you rearrange the etters in his name, you get "Legolas End Set." Clearly a sign of pure scummishness.

Goddamn it. @BSmith please delete Sprig and Visorslash's posts please.

Night 0 update coming. You can post if you want, but no votes before the update will count. First day will be a little long to let everyone find their way here. There's no minimum number of votes for a lynch, but you CAN vote for No Lynch.

Done.

vote: verarde

I have a sneaky suspicion on christos200. I saw him trying to get into my stash of mead last night.

CivGeneral, do not be so impious.

Top Bottom