Nightfall over Rome

Moai_Spammer

Ave, True to Caesar!
Prologue:The Lonely Moon

"...I pass the torch of the Revolution down to my adopted Daughter, Luna. I know that with her talent and oral ability, she will bring about a Utopia on earth. Night is a beautiful thing, and she will bring about a Night which will last forever!..."

Luna thought over these words from Moai's Will. It was ages ago, but she remembered it clearly. She was given the duty once held by Trotsky, and later Moai. It was her job to bring about a Utopia. Yet she had failed, her throne had been taken, and she was exiled from the nation she fought tooth and nail to establish. Luna was suppose to create an eternal utopia, full of bright lights and wishes on shooting stars, and she had failed. No, it was only a set back. Yet it seemed so hopeless. She dozed off, still thinking about the events in her life that had lead her up to this
The sound of an explosion brought Luna back to the world of the awake. The plane had been attacked, and her fears were confirmed. Preparing a parachute, she was ready to jump out. 3 gun totting men jumped onto the aircraft before she could. Taking out her rapier, Luna quickly dispatched them, dodging bullets left and right. Luna may not have many memory's of Trotsky, but she did remember him teaching Moai techniques to survive assassination, and it had always stuck. Leaping out of the plane, she closed her eyes and hoped for the best. A few minutes later she landed with a soft "thump" on the outskirts of Budapest. It was night, and the moon was waning. Luna sighed. She knew that this was her fault, she was autocratic, too ambitious. She bit off more than she could chew, and when a more ambitious tyrant came along, her time was up.

How could the young Luna, who had recently inherited the revolution of Trotsky, as well as the Roman Empire, have been expected to do anything else?

Hindsight is 20/20, and Luna could feel her age.

As the morning sun dispelled the beautiful night, she reached a hollow in one of the many Carpathian Mountains. It was going to be a long while until she regained power, if ever, but when she did, she promised herself that she would follow Trotsky's ideals, she would create a utopia not through force, but through peace, democracy, and the inevitable downfall of capitalism.

All she had to do was get started.

But that was far ahead, for now, she was lying down on a makeshift bed in a mountain cave.

"...I got this feeling that they're gonna break down the door..."
"...I got this feeling they they're gonna come back for more..."
"...Silently reflection turns my world to stone..."
"...It's a shame, we could of gone sailing..."
"...and, ya know, I can still hear the children playing, in the streets of Bethesda, before all of this, before Browder, before it all, back when the world made sense..."

Some Moai's final statements rang in Luna's mind, as she sank into an uneasy slumber. The nightmares were returning
and this time her adopted father wasn't there to comfort her...

============================
oh yeah, it's happening

let's do this

(for those unfamiliar with the setting, just read this amazing thread:
forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=522537)

Wait are you using the mod we're making? I'm pretty sure I said somewhere to not use it in stories just yet.

Wait are you using the mod we're making? I'm pretty sure I said somewhere to not use it in stories just yet.

im just making this for when we can use the mod for stories

for now it will just be me setting things up via prologue

Okay that's fine! Just so everyone knows, it's not because I'm trying to hog it but that it's still in its early stages and needs a lot of work.

Also subbed :D

Subbed... obviously. :D

Before you wrote that, did you get a sandwich from Subway?

The soft pink light of the dawn beamed lightly into the hollow. Luna awoke, and began to climb the mountain. Within about an hour she had made it up. There was a small stone Buddhist monastery. Written in sanskrit on the abandoned building was "Buddhapest". With a chuckle she entered the monastery. It seemed to have been abandoned sometime in the 1920's, judging from the newspapers and books lying around. A golden Buddha sat at the center of temple. The remains of a monk lay kneeling before it. Clutched in his hand was a piece of paper with writing on it. This time the text was in Ukrainian. The paper read

"When from the stone window to the left
The tower white gold sits in the world's eye
And the azure tyrant rules over her theft
the starry one will come forth from the sky
and all that are unjust and wicked, greedy and lie
shall hear the starry night's battlecry
and shall forever die."

Curious, Luna looked to her left. There was a small stone window. The mystery thickening, she stuck her head out of the window. Far off in the distance, Constantinople gleamed. And rising from the center, like a giant among ants, was the Tower of the Third Triumvirate. Nick-named the "White Gold Tower".
The prophecy hit Luna like an atomic bomb. It had to be about her. It just had to be. With new found confidence, she tucked the piece of paper into her pocket, and set off. She had a date with destiny.

I can only assume she had a swiss bank account to fall back in times such as this.

I can only assume she had a swiss bank account to fall back in times such as this.

actually, yes
not only in Switzerland though, but also in Paris, in vaults of the 4th International

Trixie awaited news of the successful assassination of her only real political threat.

Almost as if by deus ex machinamagic, short man with a toupee walked in and whispered something in her ear.

She screamed out with the rage of an atomic bomb.

"How could you insolent worthless absolutely horrendous advisors f*ck it up this badly!

If this was the Third Reich I would have you shot for such a crime

let's just say that after a slip up like this, you'll wish this was the Third Reich"

Her normally purple eyes flared red, and the amulet on her chest glowed with rage. With a snap of her fingers the advisers were hauled off to the Hidden Underground Trans-Asian railroad outside of Constantinople. From there they were taken to the empire of japan, were Trixie would send "enemies of the state" to the infamous Unit 731.

It was night, and Trixie stood atop the Tower of the Third Triumvirate

Most people found the night beautiful, maybe even comforting

but to Trixie it was terrifying.

She could almost feel the presence of the only person who could truly destroy her empire. An empire she had worked hard to take control of. And one she planned to expand. Her dreams were no better, and she was plagued by nightmares. She was not the leader of Trotskyist New Rome, she was merely it's servant.

After that adviser scrubs all the floors in Unit 731 then we can talk about mercy.

After that adviser scrubs all the floors in Unit 731 then we can talk about mercy.

that's probably a fate worse than some of the weaker tortures of Unit 731

brilliant

An old and crooked man walks through the street. He sees his target. A knife flashes. Socrates strikes again...
(#totallynotbasedonacharacterinamerica)

It was night, and the sky was a beautiful canvas. It would have been a lovely time to sit down at home cozily and read a book, but an emergency meeting of the top generals of Trotskyist New Rome put an end to that idea. Indeed, Tinuial sat begrudgingly as each general took turns proclaiming how great and powerful and wise the empress was, and how they were sorry for letting Luna get away, and about their families and how much they liked living. It ended around 11, and Tinuial had a long ride back to Budapest. The train sped off at a steady pace, and she soon dozed off into the pages of a good book.

The sound of Thunder and the smell of Gunpowder brought Tinuial out of her slumber. The train had stopped. A group of Hungarian rebels had stopped the car, and were robbing citizens. At their head was a woman in a blue suit, with a gas mask on. Out of the back, if Tinuial looked closely, she could make out blue, starry hair. She managed to escape out of an emergency exit in the back before they entered her quarters. As she began to leave on foot, the leader of the rebels saw her and demanded her to halt. Fearing for her life, she obeyed the command and kowtowed once. The woman took off the mask and confirmed her fears, it was indeed her old friend and former leader of Trotskyist New Rome.

They had lengthy discussions about what was going on in the capital, how things had been since Luna's exile, and other such topics.

It was revealed that around the time the news reached the Empress about the assassination attempts failure, Luna had run into a Hungarian rebel group in the Carpathian mountains, and had began staging raids. She asked Tinuial, her old friend, to join her and help restore righteous rule to the world. She accepted with glee.

A katana and robes from a raid on a group of Japanese spies in the Carpathians was provided, and Tinuial became lieutenant of the Lunapest bandits.

It looks like the resistance is building about as fast as an atomic bomb.

It looks like the resistance is building about as fast as an atomic bomb.

don't atomic bombs have one of the highest production costs :p

Top Bottom