Preorders, DLC, and Bears oh my!

2K looking to maximize profits.

Understandable I guess since business is business.

However, the game better be damn good if they are going to nickle and dime us for extra Civs and what not.

Adding different civs is very different from adding units or buildings. Adding, say, Babylon only affects people who want to play Babylon, while adding (non-cosmetic) units or buildings would force segregated multiplayer/would affect everyone who plays Civ 5.

Different civilizations would be expected to inherently come with different units, features, and traits, such that they would affect gameplay. I think it's still possible that the proposed possibility where users with these versions can play them and other users can be in the game, not using the DLC content though.

The other option would be if an external tool for multiplayer play was sufficiently developed, and then players would play against others with the same mod/version of the game. In other words, the equivalent on a new Pitboss that is very welcoming to mods. Then people could mod in civilizations or whatever they want without worrying about DLC anyway. (I am also worried that civ5 is going to become far less mod-able, I really hope that is not the case, but would not be surprised)

Has 2K put up the preorder page that 2k Greg talked about, listing the various bonuses by retailer? I haven't seemed to be able to find it .

Top Bottom