The full list of Civilizations in Civ V!

"There will be eighteen civilizations available in the standard retail version of Civilization V. Additional civilizations will be available as DLC; so far Babylonia under Nebuchadnezzar II has been announced as a bonus civilization included in the Digital Deluxe Edition"
Anyone else finding it strange that Babylonia isn't actually mentioned on the site? It is a confirmed civ and I'd like to see this deluxe persona and read what extremely interesting factoids they'd put out ("Babylonians were historically known as master tower builders"). And for 2K it'd be a chance to plug their exclusive deluxe version.

Iroquois... waste of civ spot... could be another civ more important.

While I do think the Inca were probably the most important American civilization, the Iroquois' contributions were extremely significant and I don't think they should be overlooked.

I'm kind of curious why Siam over Khmer from last game, but I'll admit to not knowing enough of their history.

BTW, this helps formulate strongly the list for the next expansion (Spain and the Inca, at least, should be there and probably the Mongols too).

Songhai is pretty much the same as Mali. I'm mad Byzantium is not included. I'll wait until the expainson packs come out.

I only just realized... Iroquois over INCA? What were they thinking?

They already have a north american civ (aztecs). Why not add the most important Pre-Colombian civ over a second north american civ (and one that is historically unimportant)??

Well other continents (mainly Europe and Asia) have many civs. They want to give more to the Americas.

Well other continents (mainly Europe and Asia) have many civs. They want to give more to the Americas.

You do realize that Incas are in the Americas, right?

Picking Iroquois over Incas does not affect the number of American civs.

It just means 2 north american civs instead of 1 north american, 1 south american.

[*edit* obviously once you count the US, 3 north american instead of 2 nroth american, 1 south american)]

I only just realized... Iroquois over INCA? What were they thinking?

They already have a north american civ (aztecs). Why not add the most important Pre-Colombian civ over a second north american civ (and one that is historically unimportant)??

Do you remember that LONG thread, where a guy claimed that Fiarxis was racist because Civilization 3+exp included only one native American civilization? He didn't consider the Aztecs, Incas or Mayas "native Americans". I think that's why. I think Firaxis included the Iroquois over the Inca because they felt they needed to add an indian tribe that was indigenous to the United states.

Yes... But do you know how many euro and Asiatic civs there are???

It's really strange to have 3 nations from North America and non from the South.

However, there were not too many civilization down there in South America. Moche and the Inca are the most important. The city states of Tikal and Calakmul were very important.

However, there were not too many civilization down there. Moche and the Inca are the most important.

Well there were huge number of important civilizations in Middle- and South-Americas.

On the other hand there were no important civilizations in North-America at all (North from Mexico). In fact there are practically thousands more important civilizations than any Native North-American "civilization".

But this is game so I dont mind that much...

I just hope that even if they do offer such civs as Inca, Spain, the Mongols, the Vikings, and others as DLC, they'd still get included in expansions to the game.

And Iroquois is still a step up from just "Native America". Out of all the other Native American groups, I feel the Iroquois would have been the most likely to have developed a true civilization akin to the Aztecs, Mayans, or Incas had Europe not come and colonized America.

What about the Mississpians???

got on to see the civs again and they turned off over half of then

I just wish that Firaxis could have had the foresight to do a little research and do the right thing. Iroquois is an insulting name that was given to the Haudennosaunne by their rivals and enemies. Just like the Inuit were called "Eskimos" (Eaters of raw meat) by theirs.

Missed opportunity...

HAUDENNOSAUNNE
(Means: People of the Longhouse)

Terms ‘Iroquois’ and ‘Iroquoian’ are distinct terms. NOTE: There is no such thing as a tribe called Iroquois. It is simply an 'umbrella' term used to describe a number of tribes with similar lifestyles and languages.

The term 'Iroquois' is also a derogatory term and should not be used. Like insult names of a number of tribes ('Sioux' and 'Eskimo' being two), it was a label given by their enemies and then adopted by the Europeans. The Algonquin called them the Iroqu (Irinakhoiw) "rattlesnakes." After the French added the Gallic suffix "-ois" to this insult, the name became Iroquois. The insult refers to: Huron, Petun, Neutral; Later the term extended to include those tribes who formed the League of Nations (Seneca, Cayuga, Onandaga, Oneida, Mohawk and later, Tuscarora). DON'T USE 'IROQUOIS". The correct term is Haudenosaunee meaning "People of the Longhouse."

http://www.shannonthunderbird.com/tribal_lifestyle.htm

Indeed. Perhaps they were actually unfinished and were shown by mistake.

edit: And Gandi's been working out.

On civilization 5 's site, the 10 last leader 's animations have been replaced by a non animated picture!

????????

Replaced ? That explains it. I was already wondrign why there are translation in the other thread for leaders who just seem to have artwork pics.

Top Bottom