Pantheon, Founder and Follower Beliefs

Another religion related topic, how will Rationalism and Piety affect the amount of faith you recive?

It would be interesting if choosing Rationalism would give you a negative modifier to the amount of faith you get but at the same time boost other things.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk

Well, whether there's a button or not, there has to be a state religion for the other civilizations to recognize. Making you play a numbers game to get the state religion you want is possible, but it seems unnecessary... and it smacks too much of micromanagement for the sort of "streamlined" play that Firaxis prefers these days.

I kind of disagree. I think the trend has been "to let your actions speak for you," rather than "press a button" to get an instant effect. For example, the ratio of research:gold used to be under instant player control (via slider). But now you have to control it indirectly and over the long-term by how you play (i.e., what you build). I have no clue which way they will implement State Religion.

I kind of disagree. I think the trend has been "to let your actions speak for you," rather than "press a button" to get an instant effect. For example, the ratio of research:gold used to be under instant player control (via slider). But now you have to control it indirectly and over the long-term by how you play (i.e., what you build). I have no clue which way they will implement State Religion.

In European history Kings have converted for diplomatic or other reasons where they could gain from it. For example Harald Bluetooth converted to Christianity for political reasons after a loss to King Otto (German) in the 970s. At the time most of the Danes where still believers of the old gods.

However when Harald Bluetooth converted Denmark the spread of Christian influence increased.

I assume (hope) religion mechanism work somehow similar. You choose a state religion which works for diplomacy and at the same time pressure from that religion gets a boost.

does anyone know where the benefit goes, for founder beliefs such as tithe and church property?

Does it go to the holy city, or is it a separate revenue stream like trade route income?

(i.e. will these bonuses will be subject to city percentage modifiers or not?)

Another religion related topic, how will Rationalism and Piety affect the amount of faith you recive?

It would be interesting if choosing Rationalism would give you a negative modifier to the amount of faith you get but at the same time boost other things.

This is a really interesting idea, I wounder if it is implemented that way, it would make sense given the current setup of the policy tree's. And then is there a reverse that picking the Piety tree effects your science. Now before someone says anything I know this is not realistic as science as positively effected religion and religion has positively effected science, but as a game play mechanic it could work.

The mutual exclusive option is enough for Piety and Rationalism. No need for more modifiers.Technically you could choose Rationalism and call your Religion "Technocracy". Choosing "Messenger of the Gods" and "Interfaith Dialogue" improve science.

I think Sacred path has the best potential. If you plop a city in a bunch of jungle think how fast you'll tear through the early social policies. Mad Monty loves this!

To balance this it's quite simple . Just don't allow stacking this bonus and Oligarchy bonus . If still's overpowered,just limit to few cities .

It's also limited indirectly by opportunity costs. For example you miss out on the potential gold/culture/science from the other choices. So your competitors will be more advanced than you in those areas.

Another drawback to this bonus is that you have to be on the defensive for it to benefit you, which may mean the battles are all taking place on your turf. This means youre not invading or conquering and potentially your getting pillaged.

Not that I'm saying its bad, I feel it's one of the stronger ones, especially for a turtling culture/science win. Just wanted to point out the downsides too.

A guy at 2K forums noticed this:

Liturgical Drama: Amphitheaters provide +1 Faith in cities with 3 followers

Amphitheaters. Are collosseums being renamed for a Collosseum wonder? Or are we getting a new building?

Yeah, my guess is removing the culture from Temples so as to need a new building.

So how do people feel that culture and faith are strongly connected?

It seems to me you can't really go for one without going for the other. Not sure if I like this.

So how do people feel that culture and faith are strongly connected?

It seems to me you can't really go for one without going for the other. Not sure if I like this.

I don't see a strong connection: there are plenty of choices that don't involve culture at all, and faith seems like it will be easier to accrue with a wider empire while policies become more difficult to get if going wide. Faith looks pretty independent to me.

I preferred in Civ IV that buildings could have multiple outputs -- Libraries produced both culture and science. I don't think the way Civ V tried to make each building completely specialized was a good idea, so I wouldn't mind seeing things diversify a bit.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. It's absolutely absurd that so many wonders provide +1 culture. It's like they have this ridged inviolable design rule that each item can do only exactly one thing. Unfortunately, that means there are only really 4 or 5 kinds of buildings in the game (just repeated with different yield and cost numbers). You have a much greater diversity of building flavors with combinatorial yields. E.g., a university with +science/culture, and then a laboratory with +science only.

Top Bottom