Firaxis' official Gods & Kings site now up and running!

Nothing on the site mentions an improved diplomatic AI. :(
It will probably be the same "We hate you no matter what"-type of AI all over again.

What's wrong with Dido? Considering she's probably speaking a dead language, I think they do a good job. She seems to be speaking confidently and in full sentences, which puts her above Nebuchadnezzar.

I do like the language and the way the voice actor tries to speak it
I just meant that I don't like the tone for her

But it's much worse for Maria Theresa...
Why did they give her the tone of a flirtish teenager? :p

Nothing on the site mentions an improved diplomatic AI. :(
It will probably be the same "We hate you no matter what"-type of AI all over again.

The diplomatic AI has been changed, there's been discussion of it and a thread where we listed changes that are coming to diplo..
so don't worry! :)

The diplomatic AI has been changed, there's been discussion of it and a thread where we listed changes that are coming to diplo..
so don't worry! :)

Really? :) Is that thread here on this forum? Would love to see it, since the diplo AI is the worst thing about Civ right now... All these angry AIs that you are trying to be friendly with is just annoying...

A girl's gotta be prepared to do a certain amount of flirting to marry herself off to that many City States.

No quite sure what you think is wrong here. That's no Oscar-worthy performance for sure - but the German is OK, the Austrian accent is OK and the tone in context with who she is and what she says is OK, too. Would fit perfectly in any of the notorious "Sissi" movies... ;)

No quite sure what you think is wrong here. That's no Oscar-worthy performance for sure - but the German is OK, the Austrian accent is OK and the tone in context with who she is and what she says is OK, too. Would fit perfectly in any of the notorious "Sissi" movies... ;)
I'd rather have a young Romy Schneider as Maria Theresa in that case :D

I'd rather have a young Romy Schneider as Maria Theresa in that case :D

Ummm... what does Maria Theresa have to do with Sissi?
Sissi is usually represented young and beautiful, IMO this voice would fit her much better

Maria Theresa is represented as an older (and not too attractive :p) queen, like she should be. Similar how you would represent Queen Victoria
That voice is way too young and girlish for her

I am not as dissapointed in the dutch of Willem at all!
Of course you can hear it wasn't spoken by a dutchman,
and it's a little medieval,but it's actually far better than i expected.

I am not as dissapointed in the dutch of Willem at all!
Of course you can hear it wasn't spoken by a dutchman,
and it's a little medieval,but it's actually far better than i expected.

AFAIK he didn't even speak dutch in reality, so his dutch is way better than anyone could expect :mischief:

Pffffff. Don't be a troll :p
We are talking about their voice
Wasn't meant as a troll. But in all fairness, it's not strange that people think of Sissi, when hearing Maria Theresa's young girl's voice?
The voice of a slightly older woman would have fitted better, but it doesn't bother me that much :)

AFAIK he didn't even speak dutch in reality, so his dutch is way better than anyone could expect :mischief:
Indeed, he spoke French :)

Wasn't meant as a troll. But in all fairness, it's not strange that people think of Sissi, when hearing Maria Theresa's young girl's voice?
The voice of a slightly older woman would have fitted better, but it doesn't bother me that much :)

Indeed, he spoke French :)

No he speeks dutch but

He uses formeel langugue . You usaly use it in letters or it
is used with administrative legal situations

Wich is normal a man in his position " stadhouder" is suposed to talk formeel.

Top Bottom