Which ideology seems strongest?

• Autocracy

Votes: 46 28.0%
  • Freedom

Votes: 61 37.2%
  • Order

Votes: 57 34.8%

• Total voters
Still looks like Order is the stone cold rocks for OCC. ... which doesn't sound right. :sad:

The bonus to great people was never enough for gurus to advocate Freedom opener over the two policies in Order to get the factory science bonus for science victory. Order has the same benefit available in tier 1 to help get to tier 2. OTOH, great tile improvements yield is good, but it's a constant boost and proportional to number of cities.

Freedom delivers on assisting wider strats.

I am concerned Autocracy could turn out like Honor compared to the other two. It's, invest in military to get back city-assisting benefits, versus, play your multidimensional, high science game, in which you can receive benefits to production, happiness, and growth, to spew out military units faster as they march off to do war at things.

Well it is universal healthcare so really. And healthcare assistance is part of all three ideologies so its not that it doesn't fit.

Not sure why Avant Garde is in freedom. Wasn't the Avant garde strongly associated with the Axis powers in WWII. I can't for the life of me remember the title but there's a book that theorizes WWII was bout Avant Guard versus liberal modernism. And universal healthcare seems more in line with Order.

Avant-garde refers to people or works that are experimental or innovative, particularly with respect to art, culture, and politics (from Wikipedia).

If hapiness hasn't been changed, dictator of the proletariet sounds useless

Sketching on a mod already.

Freedom: Remove Urbanization & Capitalism (Freedom civilizations should be limited in size, and more Luxury-dependent) and Arsenal of Democracy (too strong, too many military tenets)
Competition: Each Bank gives 3 slots for Scientists, Engineers and Merchants
Consumerism: Each Market doubles effect of Luxuries
Sanctuary: Receives 1 Great Person when a Freedom city or a city-state is lost, if you are at peace with them; also when a foreign civilization adopts Order or Autocracy.

Order: Remove Party Rule (lackluster bonus without focus), Hero of the People (Order should not be GP-focused) and Skyscrapers (not typical to Order)
Revolutionary War: -33% military maintenance when at war against a non-Order civilization.
Industrial Espionage: Taken from Autocracy.
Subbotnik: Workers work 50% faster.

Autocracy: Remove Industrial Espionage (does not fit with strategy)
National Rebirth: +1 Culture from Archaeological Artifacts and Sites

Just want to add that we discovered Autocracy third lvl3 tenet.
It is called "Clausewitz Legacy" 25% bonus to attack for all military units for the next 50 turns.

Edit: For those saying there's no direct science bonus in Freedom, keep in mind the, "New Deal: All Great Person improvements produce +4 of the appropriate yield.", means 4 more beakers for each academy.

So I guess they nerfed the Academy, Landmark, and Holy Site under Freedom. Old extra yields: +8 science, +6 culture, +6 faith. New extra yields: +4, +4, +4.

Did somebody say "hey Freedom is already so good for culture and science, let's just make it a little worse"?

(Come to think of it: it could be a case of "hey, this tooltip isn't accurate, do you think we could change the game so it just adds a flat amount to each thing instead of saying it doubles" and then "okay, what number?" followed by "4!")

In the Culture Overview - the Cultural Victory information on a civ with an ideology shows a Public Opinion column which indicates if the Ideology is under effect from a different ideology. You can see who the influencers are and a 'preferred' ideology.

The flags shown were Content, Dissidents or Civil Resistance. That would seem to tie in with the idea that a city might want to switch to a different ideology, and therefore to a different civ.

Not sure why Avant Garde is in freedom. Wasn't the Avant garde strongly associated with the Axis powers in WWII. I can't for the life of me remember the title but there's a book that theorizes WWII was bout Avant Guard versus liberal modernism. And universal healthcare seems more in line with Order.

Avant Garde originated in France in the early 20th Century as a term to describe people who push the cultural boundaries of society (If my memory serves correctly) so it makes sense that it is a Freedom tenant. Do you know the title of the book?

Also Universal Healthcare has been used by all three Ideologies.

Is it still the case that each ideology excludes a certain victory type? From this info I'm guessing that Autocracy excludes space, order diplo, and freedom domination.

Is it still the case that each ideology excludes a certain victory type? From this info I'm guessing that Autocracy excludes space, order diplo, and freedom domination.

I don't think it excludes them, that would ruin the game. Not being able to unite the world under Communism if you aren't even allowed to become World Leader would be a broken system.

Its also in Order and Autocracy. In fact it seems "Universal Healthcare" is only tenet that is in all three ideologies. They really seem to like Universal Healthcare at Firaxis.

I think Universal Healthcare is a placeholder, and it will change later. Remember how two weeks ago or so we were told that there was a Kamikaze tenet in Autocracy that would allow you to sacrifice air units for massive damage? That's nowhere to be seen now. Things are probably still subject to change.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that Universal Healthcare is listed as a Freedom tenant? Isn't that more of an Order thing, being a centralized government-run system?

From Wikipedia:
History

By 1941, New Zealand had created a near-universal health care system.[3] On July 5, 1948, the United Kingdom implemented its universal National Health Service. Universal health care was next introduced in the Nordic countries of Sweden (1955),[4] Iceland (1956),[5] Norway (1956),[6]Denmark (1961),[7] and Finland (1964).[8] Universal health insurance was then implemented in Japan (1961), Saskatchewan (1962) followed by the rest of Canada (1968–1972), and twice in Australia (1974 and 1984). Universal national health services were then introduced in the Southern European countries of Italy (1978), Portugal (1979), Greece (1983), and Spain (1986), followed by the Asian countries of South Korea (1989), Taiwan (1995), and Israel (1995). From the 1970s to 1990s, the Western European countries of Austria, Belgium, France, Germany and Luxembourgexpanded their social health insurance systems to provide universal or near-universal coverage, as did the Netherlands (1986 and 2006) and Switzerland (1996).

Most current universal health care systems were implemented in the period following the Second World War as a process of health care reform, intended to make health care available to all, in the spirit of Article 25 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948, signed by every country doing so. However, the USA did not ratify the social and economic rights sections, including Article 25's right to health.[9]

Funding models

Universal health care in most countries has been achieved by a mixed model of funding. General taxation revenue is the primary source of funding, but in many countries it is supplemented by specific levies (which may be charged to the individual and/or an employer) or with the option of private payments (either direct or via optional insurance) for services beyond those covered by the public system.

Almost all European systems are financed through a mix of public and private contributions.[10] The majority of universal health care systems are funded primarily by tax revenue (e.g. Portugal[10] Spain, Denmark and Sweden). Some nations, such as Germany, France[11] and Japan[12]employ a multi-payer system in which health care is funded by private and public contributions. However, much of the non-government funding is by contributions by employers and employees to regulated non-profit sickness funds. These contributions are compulsory and defined according to law....

Universal Healthcare odd in that it is a Happiness boost in relation to National Wonders. It should provide a growth or food boost.

Here in NZ we have universal healthcare, and we're generally ranked more free than the US in business, media, etc. :lol:

Dictatorship of the Proletariat: +34% Tourism to civilizations with less Happiness.

That's completely useless against AIs. Or perhaps it means the end of AI's insane happiness bonus ?

Well, I think everybody is overlooking the fact that in order to unlock a superior tier tenet you need a fixed number of tenets ie 3 tier-1 tenets for 2nd tier-2 tenet & 4 tier-2 tenets for 2nd tier-3 tenets.
Accordingly, the main sequence of tenet acquisition is :
1 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 1 2 3

It accounts for 21 772 800 possible paths to complete it all !
Subsequently, each tier-3 favors one VC as previously stated in previews. It suggests that when starting ideology anyone should have a prefered victory to go for and choose tenets with this in mind. The first tier-3 cannot be chosen until the 6th unlock ! any tenet beyond that may be superfluous, so it's really 18 900 possible paths optimized to 10 800 possibilities ruling out UH.

Top Bottom