Looks like the XBOX 360 version is better than....

Well it runs great on both systems. So buy it for the one you have the most friends on, so you can humiliate them in some online mayhem.

So, console titles are now being released as buggy as PC games have been forever? :sad:

I've only got former generation consoles, not so much patches did come for their games yet (xb1/ps2).

i havent had any problems on my 360 apart from once when i was playin a team game with my friends...jus as we were about to crush them everything just froze. luckily it hasnt happened since.

theres a bug on mine where the view changes to birds eye view but i found out how to get it back to normal (usually to do with building roads :S)

i havent had any problems on my 360 apart from once when i was playin a team game with my friends...jus as we were about to crush them everything just froze. luckily it hasnt happened since.

theres a bug on mine where the view changes to birds eye view but i found out how to get it back to normal (usually to do with building roads :S)

What do you do specifically?

So is CivRev better on PS3 or X360? I need to know which one to buy it for.

I recently decided to take the plunge and buy a console, a large factor in the decision was Civ Rev coming out. At the same time, my last TV was from 2001 so I also needed a TV and was long overdue for an upgrade. If you are in a simliar position, then there is no point to buying an Xbox.

There was no point in gettin a 720p TV for me. I keep my TVs for awhile so I got a 1080p. Yet the nice blu-ray players that can really make use of 1080p cost like 300 bucks. Yet for a 100 more i could just buy a PS3 and thats what I did, couldnt be happier. I got the 40 gig hd purposely because as soon i got it i spent 90 bucks at Tigerdirect to upgrade to a 250 gb hd. Its so easy to upgrade, Sony even explains how in thier manual. And with DVR for the PS3 on the horizon I will need the space. The PS3 has more powerful hardware and a ton of untapped potential for the future. The Xbox is out of date already and it only really has one advantage: It was out sooner so has more games, but thats only temporary. Ive played the civ rev demo for PS3 and it runs very smooth, no problems.

Get a PS3. Xbox has already reached the peak of what it can do, and whats in store for it. PS3 is just starting.

Do you light your ciggarettes with dollar bills? ;)
Can I ask why you would spend 120$ for two copies of the exact same game?

These days, yes. :D

I got the PS3 version and my friend gave me the 360 version (to play with him) as a gift.

While $120 isn't going to kill me, I'm not going to spend it on GTA4. Now, Civ is another matter. :)

I recently decided to take the plunge and buy a console, a large factor in the decision was Civ Rev coming out. At the same time, my last TV was from 2001 so I also needed a TV and was long overdue for an upgrade. If you are in a simliar position, then there is no point to buying an Xbox.

There was no point in gettin a 720p TV for me. I keep my TVs for awhile so I got a 1080p. Yet the nice blu-ray players that can really make use of 1080p cost like 300 bucks. Yet for a 100 more i could just buy a PS3 and thats what I did, couldnt be happier. I got the 40 gig hd purposely because as soon i got it i spent 90 bucks at Tigerdirect to upgrade to a 250 gb hd. Its so easy to upgrade, Sony even explains how in thier manual. And with DVR for the PS3 on the horizon I will need the space. The PS3 has more powerful hardware and a ton of untapped potential for the future. The Xbox is out of date already and it only really has one advantage: It was out sooner so has more games, but thats only temporary. Ive played the civ rev demo for PS3 and it runs very smooth, no problems.

Get a PS3. Xbox has already reached the peak of what it can do, and whats in store for it. PS3 is just starting.

actually, nice blu-ray players cost over $500-600 bucks...the PS3 is the cheapest blu-ray player out that has more than just the basic compatibility.

As for the hard drive size...that's not the reason to not get a 40GB PS3...the reason not to get it(if you have an option, that is) is because it will not play anything BUT PS3 games, whereas the other PS3 versions would play PS2 and PS1 games as well...of which there are tons of worthwhile games you can find cheap, if you can play them.

As far as potential...Sony destroyed all future potential when they gave it crappy bandwidth for its great CPU to talk to anything else. Sure, it has an amazing CPU, but it 'talks' to everything else in the PS3 slower than the 360's CPU can...that means it will never surpass the 360 in capability.

Do I smell a fanboy? :mischief:

I would get it on the 360 just for the achievements. Oh, and better online.

The PS3 version runs smoothly. Thats at least the only thing in the game they've got right. Half its missing and this game might ruin the civ brand as its so poor.

So is CivRev better on PS3 or X360? I need to know which one to buy it for.

I highly recommend getting it for the 360. I have both versions, but the 360 just offers more. Dedicated and standardized voice chat with no bluetooth needed, achievements (offline), true matchmaking instead of 3rd party matching via GameSpy, instant updates to the ladder instead of delayed ones, and generally more gamers playing games online than offline.

actually, nice blu-ray players cost over $500-600 bucks...the PS3 is the cheapest blu-ray player out that has more than just the basic compatibility.

As for the hard drive size...that's not the reason to not get a 40GB PS3...the reason not to get it(if you have an option, that is) is because it will not play anything BUT PS3 games, whereas the other PS3 versions would play PS2 and PS1 games as well...of which there are tons of worthwhile games you can find cheap, if you can play them.
For someone who likes to talk smack about Sony all the time you surely get your facts wrong 90% of the time.

Any PS3 can play PS1 games. Period. This includes the models that don't have any PS2 BC. Repeat, ALL PS3s can play PS1 games.

The PS3 is the best Blu-Ray player on the market. Period. Why? Well because it's upgradable via firmware. There have been several PS3 firmware updates that have upgraded the Blu-Ray spec for the PS3 already including such leading features as internet connectivity for Blu-Ray discs.

Please, before you start talking smack about Sony and the PS3 or PSP at least own the device first.

So, console titles are now being released as buggy as PC games have been forever? :sad:

I've only got former generation consoles, not so much patches did come for their games yet (xb1/ps2).

Yeah this is what happens when the consoles become more like computers. Developers get lazy and timelines get squeezed because they know if a game has bugs they can patch it later. However, it's also nice to have the newer consoles because games can be patched. Sometimes it's to fix a bug other times it's to add new features, sometimes for free.

It's a give and take but I'd rather have patchable games than have to live with the bugs forever.

you should get the ps3 version cause i heard that it has 1 simple but awsome thing that seprates it from 350,and DS besides graphics (srry xbox fans its true about 90% of the time) well to the point ds can make a max of 5 saves; xbox360 has a save max of 10 while PS3 HAS A LIMIT OF UNLIMATED SAVES

Also im new so HI

Hello all,

First time poster and new to the Civilization series. I eagerly await the release of Civilization Revolution for my PS3 in 2 days time, as the demo really has me hooked.

I wanted to clear up a misconception about the PS3 version of CivRev. If the demo is any indication, then Voice Chat is supported by CivRev on the PS3. A clanmate and I played a multiplayer match on the demo last night, and we had mic support.

Top Bottom