Project SYNTHESIS

Back from my semi-hiatus of the forums, and I see the first release is up. Anything specifically that I should test? or should I just go do some game of a Civ of my choosing?

It's on 600AD too, just fyi.

Spoiler :

The Fatimids will probably be a conditional spawn, the Seljuks a barb wave into Turkey that'll make sure Turkey spawns (Turkey will be conditional too- it'll only spawn if Turkey is Indie or Barb- aka, Seljuk)

I really dont think thats a good idea. If u were to implement conditional spawns almost half the civs in the game wud be conditional. On the same basis America and Dutch should be conditional too. And on close inspection it wud turn out that most of European civs would be conditional too. That means that European Civs should only spawn if the barbarians (germanic tribes) conquer those territories from the Romans. We wud not have France, Austria, Spain and England if it wasnt for the germanic tribes settling there. The same is true for the Ottomans.

I understand ur concern if u dont want the game to be too deterministic. And that can be achieved with a balance. Instead of having a Turkey that spawns with cities in Crimea, Armenia, Balkans and Anatolia; u can just have a turkey which spawns with cities in Anatolia. This allows the game not be too deterministic but at the same time historically accurate. The same could be true for the Fatimids.

As far as Central Asia is concerned, cud u consider representing them with a broad civ (like the Celtics) that have dynamic name change. These empires would serve 3 puposes:
1) Destabalize the Byzantines and Arabs (which last way too long).
2) Make room for the Safavids and Ottomans.
3) Give the region its share of civilizations.

A Seljuk/Timuid Civ would do alot better of a job than barbarian wud ever do.

P.s: I added the tea resource spread in my last post

Guys the simple fix to our little bug here is to remove a victory option. So I got rid of the Diplomatic victory option- I mean, really, who even uses it?

I really dont think thats a good idea. If u were to implement conditional spawns almost half the civs in the game wud be conditional. On the same basis America and Dutch should be conditional too. And on close inspection it wud turn out that most of European civs would be conditional too. That means that European Civs should only spawn if the barbarians (germanic tribes) conquer those territories from the Romans. We wud not have France, Austria, Spain and England if it wasnt for the germanic tribes settling there. The same is true for the Ottomans.

I understand ur concern if u dont want the game to be too deterministic. And that can be achieved with a balance. Instead of having a Turkey that spawns with cities in Crimea, Armenia, Balkans and Anatolia; u can just have a turkey which spawns with cities in Anatolia. This allows the game not be too deterministic but at the same time historically accurate. The same could be true for the Fatimids.

As far as Central Asia is concerned, cud u consider representing them with a broad civ (like the Celtics) that have dynamic name change. These empires would serve 3 puposes:
1) Destabalize the Byzantines and Arabs (which last way too long).
2) Make room for the Safavids and Ottomans.
3) Give the region its share of civilizations.

A Seljuk/Timuid Civ would do alot better of a job than barbarian wud ever do.

Alright, I'll think about this in further detail when I get to that stage.

I'm gonna fix it in a bit. I need to first test it a few times to make the sure the bug really is fixed as I thought it was.

On turn 11 somebody wins in 3000 BC or 600 AD:confused::confused:

@ Civking: I already posted the resource spawns for Tea and Tobacco in addition to ur Coffee list.Is it possible for u to implement those resource changes (as provided in linkmans guide). I hav no idea on how to do it.

U might have to remove some preexisting resources to balance things out.

I'll be downloading this tonight... and making a post just so I can keep an eye on this project.

File updated. Feel free to download, now version .2

Back from my semi-hiatus of the forums, and I see the first release is up. Anything specifically that I should test? or should I just go do some game of a Civ of my choosing?
Doesn't really matter. A civ of your choosing.

Guys what do you think of this guy's proposal for the Safavids?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16418

Download, open the file.

The idea about the Qizilbash is brilliant and the UB is great too. (U dont need the city list and leader traits.)

Their historical goals could be:

Control all cities in between the euphrates and Indus Rivers. By 1650
Have Shia mosques in every one of ur cities (if u include horsehockyes as a religion) By 1700
Dont know about 3rd one

And cud u consider adding some Safavid/Iranian wonders to the game?

Shah mosque
Imam reza mosque
Ill add some more later

As I said, I have finished fixing this, and the fixed file will be uploaded soon.
recap

Coffee
Starts in Ethiopia, either from start or 1100 AD
1)1400: Coffee spread to Yeman
2)1500: Coffee spread to Northern Syria
3)1670: Coffee spread to South Western India (Malabar)
4)1690: Coffee spreads to Java
5)Martinique ~1720
6)2-3 in Brazil ~1820
7)1850- Coffee spread to Colombia and Central America (dropped Vietnam because that is very recent)
10-11

Cuba from start
1550- Spread to Virginia and Brazil
1620- Tobacco spread to Turkey and India
1650- Tobacco spreads to China
1 more can appear in China, India and Brazil
3-6

Now for Tea
1) 2 Tea resources in Southern China from start
2) India (Assam) 700 BC
3) 1 spread in Thailand/Vietnam region in 500 BC
4) Korea 660 AD
5) Japan ~800 AD
6) Tea spread to Indonesia 1600 AD
7) Tea spread to East Africa 1700 AD
8) India (West Bengal) ~1840 AD
9) Ceylon ~1867
10) Iran 1900 AD

recap

Coffee
Starts in Ethiopia, either from start or 1100 AD
1)1400: Coffee spread to Yeman
2)1500: Coffee spread to Northern Syria
3)1670: Coffee spread to South Western India (Malabar)
4)1690: Coffee spreads to Java
5)Martinique ~1720
6)2-3 in Brazil ~1820
7)1850- Coffee spread to Colombia and Central America (dropped Vietnam because that is very recent)
10-11

Cuba from start
1550- Spread to Virginia and Brazil
1620- Tobacco spread to Turkey and India
1650- Tobacco spreads to China
1 more can appear in China, India and Brazil
3-6

Now for Tea
1) 2 Tea resources in Southern China from start
2) India (Assam) 700 BC
3) 1 spread in Thailand/Vietnam region in 500 BC
4) Korea 660 AD
5) Japan ~800 AD
6) Tea spread to Indonesia 1600 AD
7) Tea spread to East Africa 1700 AD
8) India (West Bengal) ~1840 AD
9) Ceylon ~1867
10) Iran 1900 AD
Looks good :goodjob:

two changes though

Replace the tea from Korea to Turkey (in 1400) (Trukey is one largest producers of Tea and since there is no Korean Civ so not point in that)
Also Tea spread to Iran much earlier than that: Iran 1000 ad
I want too add tea to the indus to make it more attractive but im not sure?? wat do u think?

I just noticed something. Alot of the resources that need to be added (especially in the New World) can be replaced with existing resources; mainly spices and dyes. The spices were added in the Carribean and Brazil because of the lack of a good replacement and now we have good replacements

In the Carribean; the 2 spices can be replaced with Tobacco and Coffee.
In Brazil; the 2 spices can be replaced with Tobacco and 2 Coffee; one need to be added in Southern Brazil. Same is true for rest of the americas (most of it)

We can easily replace with one another becuz of 2 reasons:
1) all are luxury resources
2) they provide similar boosts (mostly gold with maybe one hammer or one food).

The situation gets a little tricky in the Euroasia an Africa but some of the following still applies

And wats with the precolumbian cotton in Ecuador.

Spoiler :

Playing a game as the Persians when I suddenly notice this.

Not only does that Carthaginian Stack to the left have no boat, they also have some rather odd units in there (Christian Inquisitors?)

i tried v2 after v1 and the historic victory glitch and got this error message

Victory_diplomatic in info class was incorrect

CIV4BuildingInfo.xml

anything i can do to fix or am i destined to never get to play civ 4 :( lol

it worked in the end but just curious as to what i can do to to remove the error, it pops up a couple of times before startup

We can easily replace with one another becuz of 2 reasons:
1) all are luxury resources
2) they provide similar boosts (mostly gold with maybe one hammer or one food)

Beware of the unforeseen consequences :old:
For example with the dutch UHV asking you to have 7 spice ressources. :crazyeye:

Is India still starts on Dilli in Ancient Age here ?
I've got a solution, I think, using the 'Various resources' mod..
At ancient age, India starts near the Indus river..
to the east of the Indus river, cities like what now is Colcatta etc is filled with Jungle, and as era increased, the Jungle are gone and can be settled there..
what do you think ?
It's one of the idea I thought I'm going to sent you via PM as I stated in the citynamemanager development thread but I think its better to be publicly known so well Everybody can give response haha
-Peace ^^v

Beware of the unforeseen consequences
For example with the dutch UHV asking you to have 7 spice ressources.
@ Adrien: could u help figure out more of these unforseen consequences so they can be solved.

Is India still starts on Dilli in Ancient Age here ?
I've got a solution, I think, using the 'Various resources' mod..
At ancient age, India starts near the Indus river..
to the east of the Indus river, cities like what now is Colcatta etc is filled with Jungle, and as era increased, the Jungle are gone and can be settled there..
what do you think ?
It's one of the idea I thought I'm going to sent you via PM as I stated in the citynamemanager development thread but I think its better to be publicly known so well Everybody can give response haha

I don't think thats a good idea. As ive said earlier the Indian spawn should be at Pataliputra becuz of 2 reasons:
1) An India around the Indus will tend to spread westwards into Persian territory.
2) Pataliputra was the cultural and political heart of India. It was the capital of most of the Ancient Indian dynasties and Hinduism emerged from the region.

Besides, with the new added resources on the ganges the region should be better.

Top Bottom