CivStats.com - View your Pitboss games on the web

Where are you seeing this? Magzi is showing as eliminated for me, with a score of 0; same thing with zenspiderz.

Ah, so the problem is in the score graph - you didn't say that before. The problem is that IE is apparently caching the score graph and not requesting it from the server each page load. The problem with this is that the score graph changes often, so it shouldn't use a cached version. I'll have to look in fixing this in IE...

I don't recall if you have addressed this question yet or not. Is it possible to have multiple people 'register' for the same leader of a Civ and have it them show up on each of their My Games list?

I haven't added that yet, but it is on my to-do list for 2.0. It will require a rework of how several things work, so I will have to figure out how I want to handle it.

All my time recently has been spent working on the biggest new addition to 2.0: Full access to all of your civ details. It's moving along at a very nice pace, and I think you'll be pretty impressed with it when it's finished. 2.0 will be a very big update. :D

I'll need beta testers pretty soon.

Setting what leaders each civilization is is the game admin's responsibility - it is not done automatically.

However, the new Warlords civs are not in the database yet so they cannot be selected. I will add them soon.

I figured that, just as I clicked post.

Awesome site, thanks a heap. I've been using it for the last month or so and it's always been very handy and useful.

One request for a future "to do"... is it possible to keep an on-site record of individual players and the games they're involved in (or have previously been involved in), their status (rank and score or "eliminated"), and other such goodies? I reckon that'd be really cool. :)

I am looking for people, that could help with big programming challenge – transform PitBoss server into Windows service, that is connected to CivStats. So Pitboss providers could run several PB servers (more than 1) .
It’s really tough mission, because we need to get rid of all GUI applications needed to run PB server.

1. Replace GUI for civstast upload with something Pythonic. In attached file U can see the PbAdmin.py file, that saves all the necessary data to HDD. I think it is possible to send these data straight to civstats.com. Hopefully OverloadUT will help ...
If you want to try it, just make a mod, or replace core files (don’t forget to make backup!). Replacing core files (in something like ... GAMES\civ4\Assets\Python\PitBoss) may cause multiplayer version incompatibility, but is better, because PitBoss does not start twice (like in mod version :-(

View attachment 136430

2. Find program (or method), that is free for non-commerce and that help us to convert PitBoss.exe to Windows service. I used AlwaysUp, but it’s not free and converted .exe files is not possible to use after uninstalling AlwaysUp application. So this is not the way ...

3. Replace GUI of PitBoss – (again) by changes made in PbAdmin.py and PbWizard.py. So Pitboss.exe will read settings from some .ini file without the necessity to open the GUI.

4. Prepare everything for Warlords and future relases as well.

Any objections? Or volunteers ;-)

garf

May I ask what the benefit is of having it actually run as a Windows service? I'm all in favor of hiding the GUI (it's why CivStatsUploader minimizes to the tray!) but it seems like a lot of work to make it a Windows service without much benefit.

The work you've started as far as removing the GUI goes is actually something I had planned on doing myself - CivStats will have the ability to automatically re-launch the Pitboss app in the event of a crash, and will therefore need the ability to load the latest save and whatnot from a config file or a command line parameter. Since I'm already knee deep in python code for the CivStats "mod" it should be pretty easy for me to implement that other stuff too. So if you haven't done it yet, I will be doing it later. :) But if you want to or already have done work on changing the pitboss python scripts to either read startup options from a config file or command line parameters, go for it! I'll be happy to work with you so that CivStats could take advantage of this improvement. In envision CivStats eventually being a companion to Pitboss - even if a game admin does not want to upload his game stats to the webpage, he could still use the Uploader's other features like crash protection or this GUI removal you're talking about.

Oh, and don't worry about having the modified Pitboss python scripts spit out information for CivStats - my mod does the same thing, so once that's fully implemented, the Uploader will no longer need to actually read the controls from the Pitboss GUI.

And as a final note: I noticed that the code you added is mixing tabs and spaces. Warning! Warning! You should fix that. ;)

OverloadUT said:
And as a final note: I noticed that the code you added is mixing tabs and spaces. Warning! Warning! You should fix that. ;)

:-( ... and I hoped IDLE will take care of it (by default).

As for the other things - I would like to understand Python, and CIV4 is good place to start, so I've just started. If U have a task, that Python noob programmer can do, submit it to me. But I am natural born lazy guy and have no need to work more, than is absolutely necessary ;-). Studying code of advanced developers will do the same work for my studying purposes.
BTW: If U want to continue with coop, maybe we should change a thread (e.g. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=178912). I used this thread before just to catch the attention :crazyeye:

Isn't there a removal link next to it somewhere?

That's only if he's hosting, and I actually recommend that game hosts not delete their games when the game is over - the game history can be interesting and I will add features that make scanning back through the game more interesting.

However, I haven't implemented anything to handle a game actually finishing! I'll add that to my list for v2.

Surely a quick fix for now, would be to add a button marked "This game is finished"

And the database entry, and the code to display the checkbox, the code to fill in the checkbox based on the current setting in the database, the code to "hide" the game from the My Games list, the code that reads the selection when submitting the form and storing it in the database, and of course the extensive testing to make sure it all works! :crazyeye:

This is code; nothing is a simple fix. :lol:

I'll probably put something in today. I'll also add that turn timer people have been asking for on the My Games page.

Top Bottom