CivStats.com - View your Pitboss games on the web

CB Droege said:
Civstats just crashed, taking my PTBS server client with it.

It seems to be fine now, but I thought you might want to see the error message for debugging purposes, and I don't have your e-mail address at hand.

For reference purposes, I'm using WinXP Pro SP2. My Proc is AMD dual core. At the time of the error (in addition to the PTBS server client and the CivStats updater) BitTorrent Client was running in the background and I was watching a movie in Windows MediaPlayer.

I just got this error message now when I closed PTBS (so in my case it didn't take out the server).

Nothing major, but I thought I would mention it.

In our game: Pitboss Smartmap
Madiba and Portuga formed a perminant Alliance a few turns ago. They as a team now have the highest score (accoording to civ itself).

Thus the score on civstats is in the wrong order.... It should read:
Portuga
Madiba
Me
NetBjarne
Julius

Is there any particular order in the Eliminations? I think that is even less important...

Is there some way to tell civstats that Portuga and Madiba have joined to be a team? Or can civstats pick that up somehow from the game itself?

Greets....

vilemerchant said:
Excellent work on this site. Any chance of a feature where Pitboss hosters could post up proposals for games and players can sign up to participate?

@ OverloadUT: First let me salute you for being such a selfless person...so much time and effort for no personal gain. :clap:

To get back to the suggestion in the quote...
As a newcomer looking for games, I found it not only time consuming browsing countless threads on 3 sites to try and find a new game or a replacement position, but also extremely frustrating when someone else, who might already be playing in multiple other games, snatches the vacancy an hour or so before you spot it.

Having this facility with a rotational feature will be great. If someone takes up a game that he was invited to from Civstats, he drops to the bottom of the list. That way it sort-of equalises the number of games people play in.

Some sort of feature that allows organizers to post games with "open slots" that advertise for people to join is on my long term to-do list.

Speaking of features, I just rolled out a small but needed one: Victories!

Check out this game to see what it looks like, and read the news page for more information. :)

OverloadUT, there are some minor errors on the victories screen. Look at my game "MP Pitboss Game". Some spelling errors (victorty) and not the correct name as the winner (hardcoded from the other game?).

Civstats was really helpfull when playing pitboss game. It's so easy to bookmark your current game and see who is delaying the turn. This is much better than a e-mail notify. Thanks!

PS! Are the expansion leaders on the way?

Thanks for telling me about those. That's what I get for coding in a hurry and not error checking well enough. You know, every time I read the victory thing, I thought "victory" was spelled wrong. Then I would look closer and I never noticed the extra letter. I usually just concluded that it must look strange because it's at the start of a line without a capital letter. I can't believe I missed it so many times!

And hard coding the name was pretty bad of me too. :p But it all works now!

Also, the Warlords leaders are now in there with their correct colors, but the pictures are not up - it will use the question marks that it does when the leaders are not set. I will need to manually take pictures of all the new leader for Warlords because the ones up on CFC have the IGN watermark on them which I don't like.

Steps To Run CIVSTATS ?

Can you outline or confirm for me and my peasize brain what are the steps to install and run this useful utility ?

I am going to surmise it's the following:

1) The Pitboss host downloads the uploader
2) Each player registers for an account
3) The Host adds the game
4) The plays add themselves to the game

Is that correct ?

Are there other things the pitboss host needs to do ?

That pretty much sums it up. Some of those steps, like "Add the game" actually have a few steps inside it, but it should be pretty easy because the website gives you step by step directions as you add it.

It should be noted as well that the whole player registration thing is completely optional. You want it if you are using CivStats for email notification and/or diplomacy. Otherwise, just being able to see the server status is extremely useful regardless.

Bernout

I think the server needs to be adjusted back to Standard Time. All of the server messages (game end, diplo email sent) are one hour off.

Also, you said that the Warlords civs are in by name only now, right? How would I update my game to reflect that? Or is that for new games only? Here is my game:

http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=137

Thanks for the great app,

milspec

Anyone have any hints about using civstats uploader when running more than one pitboss game at the same time?

Pagan[CyC] said:
Anyone have any hints about using civstats uploader when running more than one pitboss game at the same time?
What problems are you having? If you're using the latest version of the Uploader, nothing special is required - you just run a second instance of the app and select a different profile.

milspec said:
I think the server needs to be adjusted back to Standard Time. All of the server messages (game end, diplo email sent) are one hour off.

Also, you said that the Warlords civs are in by name only now, right? How would I update my game to reflect that? Or is that for new games only? Here is my game:

http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=137

Thanks for the great app,

milspec
Coding the timezone and daylight saving stuff was a huge pain. I got it all working except for daylight saving adjustment so I just had it assume that we were in DST. Of course, that came to bite me now that we're not in DST anymore. Luckily it turned out to be an easy adjustment to make it properly handle DST - now the time stuff should always be correct, even when we enter DST again. :)

As for setting the leaders, the process is the same as before - simply click "Player Settings" on your game page, if you're logged in as the user that created the game.

I believe he was saying that he just fixed it and set it up so that it is working. Since I just looked at civstats, and all looks good to me. And we just went into EST (we just left DST, actually).

HitAnyKey said:
I believe he was saying that he just fixed it and set it up so that it is working. Since I just looked at civstats, and all looks good to me. And we just went into EST (we just left DST, actually).

Well, when I checked "Automatically adjust for daylight saving time.", it didnt send the clock forward an hour like it should have, since DST just started in Australia. But like I said, no big deal since I can just change my timezone from GMT+10 --> GMT+11.

Top Bottom