Fosse's Pitboss

Fosse

Prince
Hey everybody,
My computer has been crashing a lot in the last few weeks, so I'm backing up and reformating. It's been a good 18 months anyway. The game will be down for a day or two, and I'll post here and email when it's back up. Sorry for the delay in gaming. :(

Everyone in the game should have gotten an email, but if you didn't could you respond in this thread and give me your email address? It might be a good time to make sure all those admin things are in order.

Fosse said:
Hey everybody,
My computer has been crashing a lot in the last few weeks, so I'm backing up and reformating. It's been a good 18 months anyway. The game will be down for a day or two, and I'll post here and email when it's back up. Sorry for the delay in gaming. :(

Everyone in the game should have gotten an email, but if you didn't could you respond in this thread and give me your email address? It might be a good time to make sure all those admin things are in order.

I received nothing ( probably because I joined latter to the game ). I also couldn't connect myself for last 4-5 turns. :(

My email adress is ionutz_mitiu at yahoo dot com.

Regards

Still facing instability issues with the computer... hope to be up soon.

agemo, you should be able to claim your civ on civstats now. The password is your email addy.

I have had many problems getting my Civ IV game to work. It freezes after about 2 minutes of play. Nothing has changed on my computer, so I dont know what the problem could be. It only is a problem for Civ IV. I can play Warlords fine. I tried reinstalling, changing settings and even taking apart the computer with no positive results. Unfortunately, I am going to have to withdraw from this game. Please find a replacement player for me.

Taok

A player has brought up a topic that I, as host and admin-by-default, of this game, feel compelled to answer here for all of us playing.

The question is about an official policy on doble moves for Fosse's Pitboss game. The short answer is that double moves which provide some sort of tactical or strategic advantage are not allowed. Such moves might include moving your military twice during wartime before your opponent can move his once (or doing the same in the initiation of a war), moving a settler twice in a race to found a contested city site, or moving a scout twice for a hut or some other advantage. All of these situations take advantage of the Pitboss mechanics by giving one player extra initiative in some situations.

This is a sporting game, and such behavior is not allowed. If I have reason to believe that a player is willfully making "dirty-double" moves I will ask him to leave the game. As before in the setup threads I did not explicitly state my beliefs about dirty-double moves I will consider this policy as being effective from this turn on. If for whatever reason such an issue is brough to my attention then the burden of proof will be on the person accusing someone of playing in an underhanded fashion in order to secure some advantage.

Long ago some discusion was had here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=174895
and here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=177618

In both of these threads I make my own position on the matter fairly clear, and they can provide some context as to why I think as I do.

Thanks everyone, for my moment on the soapbox. I hope we are all enjoying the game as much as I am. :)

I have one BIG request ...

My graphic card is dead ( almost dead ) - and I receive my computer with a new one just next Mondey evening. Could the game administrator to turn my civ ( Peter of Russia ) into AI control until then ? I have pre-queued something, but I don't feel this is enough ...

Regards and thanks in advance !

Hey all, game is back up. I travel on the weekends for work and unfortuanly the game went down when the computer crashed on my wife after I had left on Friday.

It's back up now and there should be no problem. Mitiu, is your civ the one called ADMINISTRATOR?

Just a quick note here that I connected to the game tonight but had to use the regular 2056 port. If you go in via 2057 like normal you end up connecting to another game that Fosse is hosting. ;)

Bernout

Problem fixed, I switched the save files by mistake. I backed up the turn to have done away with people logging into AI civs, which for some reason was done in both games when everyone got into the server and found civs they weren't expecting.

Please use the ordinary IP for this game.

I'm leaving town on business tomorrow morning and will be gone until Tuesday night. If the server goes down I won't be able to fix it up, so cross your fingers!

I am moving tomorrow morning. If Comcast can be trusted there will be no more than a few hours of the server being down, as the apartment we are moving in to is ready to go. I should just have to plug in as soon as I can unpack my PC.

Hello all.

The move is finished, and the game is back up. The new IP address is 24.12.251.18:2057

Fosse

Top Bottom