[CiV pack] Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations

"Germanic" is probably the only thing you really need to fix, because commas can be kind of confusing, even to native english speakers. i was looking through it to say where commas should go, but there were a lot of times when i asked myself if one actually belongs in a certain spot. basically, whenever you would take a pause when reading something out loud, you should probably put a comma. "nonetheless" should probably have one after it and commas usually don't go before the word "and", even though that's started to become accepted more and more.
so basically, the biggest thing is capitalizing the "g" in "Germanic"

Did you also set regions to avoid?
You can add several regions to avoid.

May be I don't understand how regions to avoid works, but I don't want to avoid specific regions: I simply want to start on the coast

Version 2 released

It contains the following ancient civilizations:

Britons
Gauls
Germanic Tribes
Phoenicians

NOTE: vanilla CityState of Tyre and Sidon (now included in the Phoenician citylist) have been replaced with Megiddo and Ebla respectively. Check civilopedia to read infos about the new entries.

The following error:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...t=Invalid+File
don't let me to upload it using Modbuddy
After two days of failed attempts I decided to upload it on Civfanatics only, to give you guys the chance to play it.

Post #1 contains screenshots and DL links

As I did in the past, I would present the next two civs asking a help to check grammar mistakes in the introductory text. English isn't my first language and I will be grateful to whom will check the text below.
Thanks ;)

EDIT: attachments removed

Your grammar looks good.

PS the new patch should make it so that you won't have to set UseScreenShots = 1, it should do it automatically

Yes, I read it. I hope 2K will get rid of the audio failure also.

Well, thanks for the grammar check :goodjob:
I'll release next version in the week-end

Will you still have Vikings with the Announced DLC?
I never had Vikings in my civs to-do list.
Vikings aren't strictly "ancient mediterranean".

I'm pretty sure that none of my civs will be a next DLC :)

Just to inform that Civs Pack is fully compatible with 1.275 patch

Version 3 release is confirmed in the week-end ;)

Version 3 released

It now contains the following ancient mediterranean civilizations:

Britons
Carthaginians
Gauls
Germanic Tribes
Hittites
Phoenicians

NOTE: vanilla CityState of Tyre and Sidon (now included in the Phoenician citylist) have been replaced with Megiddo and Ebla respectively. Check civilopedia to read infos about the new entries.

Post #1 contains screenshots and DL links

The only thing that is keeping me from downloading this mod is, that you have just copied other civs traits (except for the Gaul first half). I really don't like the fact that people do that.

Although we already discussed it in the previous posts, I wish to add some further considerations on this.

Look at the next Viking DLC UA:
Viking Fury: Embarked Units have extra movement and less movement cost to move from sea to land. No movement cost to pillage improvements.

This UA is splitted in three parts:

1) Embarked Units have extra movement
It re-uses a part of the England UA, i.e. the "ExtraEmbarkMoves" tag of TRAIT_OCEAN_MOVEMENT trait

2) No movement cost to pillage improvements
It re-uses the "FreePillageMoves" flag in PROMOTION_FREE_PILLAGE_MOVES promotion, already seen in the UNIT_OTTOMAN_SIPAHI. They simple extend it to ALL viking land units, using the unitcombat tags logic

3) Less movement cost to move from sea to land
It's the only new feature of Viking UA. To do that, 2K has introduced the new trait tag "EmbarkedToLandFlatCost".

In conclusion we have a (apparently) new UA, 2/3 of which are previous existing features

I wrote these considerations with the purpose to share knowledge among players community. Modders don't have tools to introduce new features, only 2K may do this. You noticed that 2K releases a new patch just before a new DLC; this isn't a coincidence. Firstly they must update the game code in order to play the new features.

By the other side, in the next two days, just before the official Vikings, any modders can release a new civ using the "less movement cost to move from sea to land" feature and claiming to be the first to introduce it :D

Version 4 released

It resolves the UseScreenShots issue. There is NO MORE need to change it.
Let it to its default value: UseScreenShots = 0

Thanks to Gedemon for his decisive hint :goodjob:

Top Bottom