Unable to Install: Forces ATI Catalyst Install

ConningOfficer

Chieftain
Hello everyone, I'm hoping you can help. I've scanned the tech support boards at 2K and here and haven't found anyone with the same problem.

Every time I attempt to install BTS from CD, I am FORCED to install ATI Catalyst Control Center, despite the fact that this software is already on my machine and as updated as it can get. Once I install ATI Catalyst, I restart the computer, and try again. The BTS installer wants to install ATI Catalyst again, and again, and again. I never get to the point where I can install the game.

I tried to uninstall all ATI software and drivers and then install BTS, as I was forced to do with the base Civ4 application. No luck. Even with the ATI software completely off the machine, the BTS installer STILL tried to force me to install ATI Catalyst Control Center.

Help! I just want to play the game, and I thought I was a fairly advanced user! Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Specs:
Custom built computer (no specific brand)
Processor: Pentium 4 at 3.4 GHz
RAM: 2.00 GB of installed RAM
CD/DVD Drive: Way above minimum, at least 32x if not 48x
DirectX 9.0c installed
Over 90 GB of free drive space
Video Card: ATI Radeon X800 with 256MB of Video RAM
Video Driver Version: 8.391 (6/26/2007)
ATI Catalyst Version: 7.7 (just downloaded)

Civ4 is totally updated
Civ4 Warlords is totally updated
Windows Update is totally updated
I run Norton SystemWorks as my firewall & maintenance software.

I had a similar problem with the autorun trying to install the software for my printer! I just run setup directly from the dvd and it worked fine.

I am having this same problem, and while I can get it to work with setup, I nevfer then get prompted to select Express or Custom Install. So while I could install it on my C drive, I'd REALLY rather not. Is there a command line option I can put it to run the custom install directly from setup?

Top Bottom