Road to War Issues

I really like add on Pack 1. It is great.

However, when I save and try to load a saved game I get a msg that says the file failed to "uncompress".

Then the game crashes to the desktop.

:confused: :sad:

There's a patch available to fix that. Either check the download page or the RtW forum for the link. :)

Can i say that the add-on patch is amazing! The units look great :goodjob:, and I am glad you fixed the oil problem. Another thing as well is that Tanks are now considerable more expensive (i may be imagine that) so I think the game is much better balanced then it was before!

Thanks for the patch :)

Works great now on games saved since patched. Others deleted.

keep up the good work.:goodjob:

My main problem is the lack of health & luxury resources, making my cities very unhappy and dirty.

Also, I kind of wish I could build new cities, but I understand and accept the reasoning behind not being able to do so.

Other than that, the mod is very interesting.

I'm playing Add-on pack 1, with the patch, so I guess it is 1.1

Very good scenario - I think it has high re-playability. And the movies are well done and fun to watch.

But I wonder if maybe the partisans, which appear after a city is taken, aren't too strong. As France I aimed to scoop up Sardinia at the beginning of hostilities with Italy. This should have been easy since one city had no ground defenders, and the other had only one ground unit. But taking those two cities was like sowing dragon's teeth.... suddenly I was facing 8 full strength improved infantry!

I like the idea of partisans, but i don't think they should be as effective as regular units. After all, partisans are irregulars and don't have the same degree of training.

And I wonder if maybe the number of units generated by a city shouldn't be different. Taking the city of Rhine, with a population of 2, still gave the Germans four improved infantry.... which, trust me, they didn't need to have. Shouldn't the number of partisans generated somewhat reflect the size of the population?

Okay, thanks for reading my thoughts. RTW is a lot of fun and I appreciate the work that you have put into it. The scenario definitely adds to the value of Civ IV and BTS - I am very glad you guys were able to work together.

I decided to change sides - I got tired of dealing with Italy's cornucopia of cruisers.

Anyways, Germany declares war on Norway and takes Copenhagen. This generates Norwegian partisans which retake Copenhagen. Then that action generates German partisans which take Copenhagen all over again.

Playing as Italy, I didn't witness the exchanges, but I think it happened on one turn. :crazyeye:

I have a strange glitch. I'm playing 1938(Hitler) and I've had all the historical events happen except the war with the USSR. It skipped that event somehow, but I did get the US join the allies after Pearl Harbor.

IMO after Add_on 1 and the patch there is some problem with AI aggresiveness i.e. Germans don't want to attack france( on clear mod they do the job in 3-4 turns in April-May 41 as it must be), USSR don't attack Poland and the baltics (they are at war but do nothing with their units) and There is no real action in Africa.

IMO the partisans are making the AIs bugged and unable to conquer cities fast enough. And as they are not a problem to the player(i always have enough force) imo this behaviour must be turned off or the player to have a way to turn it of by option.

PS.: i have the same situation with germans at Copenhagen every time too on 1939 map(without Hitler) as FitzRoySomerset. But this bug happend in many other case to me till middle of 42.

I'm playing 1938(Hitler) and I've had all the historical events happen except the war with the USSR.
Having read your comment while playing West Balkans, I was feeling a bit distressed.

It took some time before my new game (as Germany) worked around to F2 June 1941, but (to my West Balkan relief) the Axis did declare war on the USSR. At least it did in my game.

Hi! I just want to say that Russia has to many cities! Takes 7 hours (ok, 7 hours with windoe closing to stump moms) to finish turn 1! And just the Units!

IMO USSR Cities are even too few. The point is that the must stay many but poor cities. This can be done if the Winter tiles not only became white but reduce the food with at least -1. Thats how the USSR will use the summer food to survive the winter and will not grow over 5-6 pop. Also IMO the winter months are not well made - they must me between 1 Dec and 1April and all the "snow land" must apear on 1 or 2 turns because the low temp. are between Dec and April. Feb. is the coldest month most ot the time so it is not right Moscow to be green at this time of the year.

IMO USSR Cities are even too few. The point is that the must stay many but poor cities. This can be done if the Winter tiles not only became white but reduce the food with at least -1. Thats how the USSR will use the summer food to survive the winter and will not grow over 5-6 pop. Also IMO the winter months are not well made - they must me between 1 Dec and 1April and all the "snow land" must apear on 1 or 2 turns because the low temp. are between Dec and April. Feb. is the coldest month most ot the time so it is not right Moscow to be green at this time of the year.

That's how it SHOULD be, but it would mean waiting 30 minutes between turns to process the winter tile change. :)

That's how it SHOULD be, but it would mean waiting 30 minutes between turns to process the winter tile change. :)

LOL. Thats too much. I beleive that civ4 is well written but this sounds horrible. I'm proffesional developer and IMO such change must be like setting new property value of every tile object. But maybe the civ creators didn't mean that the tiles will change at all.

It's because when a tile changes, it checks every tile that touches it (that's 8 of 'em). It does this to update graphics and blends.

This is fast and un-noticeable for one tile, but when you change 1000.......

You get the point. :)

For some reason I don't get any sound except during the intro movie! what gives?

And the winter makes my turn wait time last FOREVER! is there any way to turn this extreamly annoying feature off!

Playing Australia I was at a point where my ground troops were committed, but I had some extra planes within striking distance of the Japanese homeland so I decided to bomb some improvements.

It went well, but I noticed one oddity. When I successfully bomb a forest preserve the forest is destroyed along with the improvement. Would this be an issue with RTW or is it a Civ4 problem?

That's because forest is replaced by the reserve. It's a civ4 thing.

Are you sure? Any battlefeild or bombing on a forested tile removes the forest, irrespective of a forest preserve.

What I meant is that its how it was designed in Civ4. Forest is treated as an animation effect. The smoke from the battlefield graphic is also an animation effect. Only one animation effect can be linked to a plot.

Top Bottom