Next War Mod

griderjn

Chieftain
the next war mod does not have the regenerate map option on the initial turn of game play, not a big deal, just an observation... this is a tool i had grown accustomed to in the regular game.

Hmmmm. I'm a big fan of regenerating my start, and I think I'm going to be a big fan of the Next War mod (I just got BtS yesterday). Is there a quick way to fix this? Or barring that, a slow, hard way?

-RdF

The slow hard way as it stands would be to quit to the main menu and start again. Which is a pain if you're a fan of setting up custom games.

Try using my NextWar mod. Map regeneration is possible using it.

The problem with NextWar as it came out of the box is that it appears to have used an earlier version of the BtS python code (and XML values), and so some things added later may have been inadvertently left out. The mod I created addresses many of these issues, and also tweaks a few of the rules (especially the space race rules, which just don't work correctly if the mod is left as-is -- it's possible to launch the space ship before the players get to the NextWar technologies.)

Try using my NextWar mod. Map regeneration is possible using it.

The problem with NextWar as it came out of the box is that it appears to have used an earlier version of the BtS python code (and XML values), and so some things added later may have been inadvertently left out. The mod I created addresses many of these issues, and also tweaks a few of the rules (especially the space race rules, which just don't work correctly if the mod is left as-is -- it's possible to launch the space ship before the players get to the NextWar technologies.)

Hi jkp, I tried downloading your mod because I think I really like it but the file is missing or something.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7690

When I click on download it just brings me to the main filefront site (I think Filefront is shutting down tomorrow.)

J-man,

If you have 3.17, the 'official' Next War mod there has incorporated all of the fixes (and some of the flavors) from the mod linked to in my sig file. I think it was wiped form FileFront, unfortunately, when I wasn't paying attention.

Top Bottom