Welcome to Orbis - Download Information

Thanks a lot for the support. I try to be conservative - keep things simple and only change or add things I really think I should. Then think again if it is worth spending time on it. So part of it is that I am lazy... ;)
There is still a lot of work to do and some things I want to add. Hopefully it won't be too much for your taste.

In general, i.e. when guilds are considered, some people think these are too powerfull and have too many abilities, and other want to add more. So I think they are quite fine ;)
But I might add some, while on the other hand trying to balanace them.

In order to compile a new DLL with the source files of Orbis, I need to add them to the files of base FfH, right? Because there doesn't seem to have all the files required...

Yes, I have included only the changed files.

So, you need to get the right dll version from this thread. It is always the same version that the patch required for the Orbis version the files came with. Kael links only the last dll in this thread (which is 0.41), but you can sometimes get older ones by maunually editing the link.

When you unpacki it, add orbis files (replacing the old ones) and then you can recompile orbis dll. No need to edit anything (but I disable debugging, as I had a problem with it a few patches ago - a file too big to debug). If you do the samewith FF, and edit is needed because of splitted files.

Hello! I've been away for a while (and took a little sidetrack to play a Wizardry mod), so I've got some catching up to do. I see a new version of Orbis, but it seems to be for .040z while the current FFH2 is .041a. Is that going to work, or do I need to dig up an old .040 and patch z? (And if so, where should I look?)

Welcome aboard Caradoc :)

The new 0.23 version will be compatible with 0.41a and should be available soon, like today or a bit later, according to Ahwaric ;)

yay! I wondered where you went Caradoc :p

Long time no see. Welcome back :)

The new 0.23 version will be compatible with 0.41a and should be available soon, like today or a bit later, according to Ahwaric ;)
Well, that depends on filefront and my upload speed. I would say, 30 minutes at most :D
Then you will be able to enjoy all the bugs... ;)

Long time no see. Welcome back :)

Well, that depends on filefront and my upload speed. I would say, 30 minutes at most :D
Then you will be able to enjoy all the bugs... ;)
Yay! Many DLL changes since the beta you gave me? Preparing the field in order to merge... Aaah, merging! :eek:

No, just some fixes but no new tags. I think 3 or 4 files affected with total of around 20 changes

Python and XML on the other hand...

Ok, I will check anyway with WinMerge.
BTW, the editor is really useful to update painful files like the LH's one :D

My python changes are very local. Mostly at the end of functions or files. No tweaks, so that's ok.
For XML... There's the editor :D

Anyway, WinMerge is making my life very easier...

I need to check it then.

Anyway, upload finished, linked it the first post.

Good luck and give me the feedback (and bugs info). Plenty of changes this time...

Great :goodjob:
I already merged my Ngomele... did everything I can do without source code for the Leaders Enhanced. Pretty quick in fact. One hour for 1 mod and a half :p

I'm up and running, but have hit a glitch regarding options. Even with the 'unrestricted leaders' option checked, I can't use another civilization's leader. And even with 'no tribal villages' unchecked, they are not being generated. I have only checked this with Sto's mapgen, so it may have to do with its handling of game options.

By the way, I was absent here due to a bad case of the flu followed by a vacation to West Texas. When I got back, I was pretty far behind in my work and what free time I had was spent trying to get Dodd's Mod for Wizardry 8 working. (It's an interesting mod, but makes the game very, very hard. Borderline unplayable. Makes you appreciate the time spent in balancing FFH2 and Orbis.)

Huh? Maybe it's the gameoptions bug mentioned in the FfH Bug Thread... Basically, there is a problem with the display: when you click one option, the game thinks you clicked another one. Duh.

Firaxis hardcoded the options to do their changes based on the number of the option not name but in .41 Kael changed the order of the options. So selecting "Final Five" might cause something else like "Unrestricted Leaders" while selecting "Unrestricted leaders might do nothing.

I knew there is something stinky with the alphabetical order. But it is quite easy to fix and I thought he did that.

Seems that it is the time to make my own options order...

I am an FF junkie. Tried out your modmod, and... I love it! Great job overall, Ahwaric :)

Top Bottom