How to use debug mode in the game?

democracy

Chieftain
I have enabled the features in the ini files.
But don't know how to open the debug panel.
Can any one help me?
Thanks a lot.

The debug panel sits outside of the game window, in my setup I use two monitors with the Tuner in one and the running game in the other.

Now, a tutorial for getting into the Tuner's debugging capabilities is in check ;)

If anyone here can get the debug panel to actually DO something, can you please let me know how? I've tried to create units, edit units, create roads, etc. and nothing seems to happen. I don't know if I just need to click on the radio button and then click with my mouse, press enter (or some other key) but I've tried everything I can think of (and have also googled) but nothing works - I'm not able to place anything.

I tried this to and the only thing I could get to work is reveal all. Which if I had done early in the game might have been very useful...

Press the "~" key (on US keyboard) to toggle debug panel in game. It works with single monitor as well.

Hmm, never tried that. Is that panel any different than the Lua console on the Tuner?

If anyone here can get the debug panel to actually DO something, can you please let me know how? I've tried to create units, edit units, create roads, etc. and nothing seems to happen. I don't know if I just need to click on the radio button and then click with my mouse, press enter (or some other key) but I've tried everything I can think of (and have also googled) but nothing works - I'm not able to place anything.

I use only the debug panel in the Tuner, and that's only for reading, not sure if the debugging tools take any input. However the Tuner has other panels that can alter the game while running, and you can plop down units, cities, whatever. It's fun for testing (and cheating like a mad dog). You need to enable to Tuner by setting it's value in config.ini (I think that's the file) to 1.

I use only the debug panel in the Tuner, and that's only for reading, not sure if the debugging tools take any input. However the Tuner has other panels that can alter the game while running, and you can plop down units, cities, whatever. It's fun for testing (and cheating like a mad dog). You need to enable to Tuner by setting it's value in config.ini (I think that's the file) to 1.

How do you get the tuner open once you make the change in the ini file?

Does anyone know of a tutorial or wiki page etc to tell me how to use the Tuner?? Had a quick look and couldn't see anything, and loaded Firetuner several times but don't have the first clue what to do with it...

DUUH!
Seriously, those answers aren't good enough... in compareson to the main question.
Yes we do need to switch the language layout to US.
Then not only we need to switch on the "DebugMode" in "UserSettings.ini" to "1"
But also we now need to activate the "DebugPanel" in "Config.ini" by value "1"
ehh...

I was able to spawn a new city with debug panel by selecting the city option, then right clicking on the map where i wanted the city, although it was useless as i couldn't do anything with it.

Does anyone know of a tutorial or wiki page etc to tell me how to use the Tuner?? Had a quick look and couldn't see anything, and loaded Firetuner several times but don't have the first clue what to do with it...

You have to have an active Civ5 game open for Firetuner to do anything. After that, most of it is pretty self-explanatory.

Top Bottom