Undiscovered Iron trade bonus

VisageTDI

Warlord
Found an interesting glitch today when viewing possible trade routes in my early Venice game. Trade Route Overview showed I have Iron even before I researched Bronze Working. And sure enough, there it was later, on the spot I marked X.

Not that useful since you need to settle a city before you can view it in Trade Route Overview, but it can help if you're wondering whether you have Iron or not and don't want to waste time researching Bronze Working just to check.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Update: No glitch there, Ormus had both Iron and Spices already. :blush:

P.S. Sick spot for Venice there, 3 Salt, lake with river and 2 Oasis! I went Desert Folklore into Petra into Theology for religious wonders. Even my city-state puppet had desert tiles nearby for really nice faith generation. :) Too bad it's only on Immortal. :sad:

That sounds like a killer spawn area. Mind uploading the map? :)

And alas, it's really too bad that it's Immortal, I'd love to give Deity a shot with that starting location. :(

Maybe my eyes deceive me, but you don't appear to have spices in your borders either. Is it maybe Ormus that has iron?

Yes I'm wondering if that was just a coincidence. I've never looked at the screen too closely but are you sure it doesn't lump all of the unique resources of each city together?

If you think thats a nice start... you should see some of my Arabia diety starts.. Lost all my my old G&K saves when my secondary HD died.. which is where Civ V was running from =/

Still, a very nice coastal desert start, would be better if it had marble.

Maybe my eyes deceive me, but you don't appear to have spices in your borders either. Is it maybe Ormus that has iron?

Yes I'm wondering if that was just a coincidence. I've never looked at the screen too closely but are you sure it doesn't lump all of the unique resources of each city together?

Well... that's a "doh" moment right there. :blush: Yea, the game lists entire resource diversity there, Ormus had both Iron and Spices. Checked later another trade route and it listed both Cotton and Horses, even though I have none of them.

Oh well, "mistery" solved and now I feel silly. :crazyeye:

That sounds like a killer spawn area. Mind uploading the map? :)

And alas, it's really too bad that it's Immortal, I'd love to give Deity a shot with that starting location. :(

I could, but it's modded save with edited game XML files so not sure if it would work for you. Also, since I'm going away for the weekend and next week, I wanted to finish a game before that so it's on Quick pace, not sure how much you'd like that.

Top Bottom