God of Festivals and Monasteries don't add up?

Bino

Warlord
Hello, in my current game i have found that my pantheon God Of Festivals (the one that gives you +1 faith and culture for every wine and incense) and monasteries doesnt seem to add up. In the city view i found all my wines give +2 faith and culture, where it should be +4 of each if i got it correctly. Now im at work, if needed i can upload a screenshot later. Sorry if i got it wrong. :)

Bonus to Wine and Incense tiles:
Goddess of Festival: +1 faith +1 culture
Monasteries: +1 faith +1 culture

Bonus to the city/empire:
Monastery: +2 faith + 2 culture (this is what you get if you arent working any wine/incense or dont even have these resources in that city)

Bonus to Wine and Incense tiles:
Goddess of Festival: +1 faith +1 culture
Monasteries: +1 faith +1 culture

Bonus to the city/empire:
Monastery: +2 faith + 2 culture (this is what you get if you arent working any wine/incense or dont even have these resources in that city)

Yes, that what im expecting to get, got monasteries in games where i didnt have wine nor incense, and got the +2 as you writed. But with both the pantheon and the luxuries present im not getting the +4 i seem i should get...or im missing your point? :confused:

Yes you are missing the point. You get +2 +2 in every city once that has a monastery.

And every single tile of Wine and Incense each gets +1 +1 for the pantheon (if the pantheon/religion is present in that city) and another +1 +1 for a monastery in that city.

So +2 +2 on a tile of wine/incense if correct/the maximum.

Thanks for clarifying, now i guess that taking God Of Festivals wasnt a good idea, the bonus gets nullified by monasteries it seems, i should have got maybe the plantations one or i dont know, maybe that too would not add up.

the bonus gets nullified by monasteries it seems

No, it doesn't. It's working absolutely as it should and it stacks perfectly.

You're just not understanding that a Monastery DOES NOT give +3 +3.
It gives +1 +1 to wine just like the Goddess of the Festivals does give +1 +1 which makes a Wine/Incense tile in total get +2 +2.

The Monastery itself though does add +2 +2 to your empire (not to resources) per city it was bought in.

The yields from GoF and Monasteries do stack, but you also have to be working the tiles (perhaps obvious, but the question does occasionally come up). If the OP has any lingering concerns, I would suggest that posting a screenshot of that city, with tile yields showing, and a screenshot of that city's City View screen, with Citizen Management turned on.

Yeah there's always the chance people don't know the tiles must be worked and they aren't actually talking about tile yields but empire yields and also very often people fail to realize that in the city they are observing there is no majority religion and thus the bonus (in this case of Goddess of Festivals) won't be present in that city.

In this case however the OP probably thought a Monastery gives +3 +3 to wine which it does not. I think the actual ingame description of the Monastery is somewhat misleading (like "Gives +2 Culture and +2 Faith and more with Wine or Incense" if I recall correctly) - so it doesn't give any clue there that the +2 +2 bonus is gained without working any tiles and the additional bonus is only granted to the resources tiles themselves which do need to be worked to get the bonus.

Yeah there's always the chance people don't know the tiles must be worked and they aren't actually talking about tile yields but empire yields and also very often people fail to realize that in the city they are observing there is no majority religion and thus the bonus (in this case of Goddess of Festivals) won't be present in that city.

In this case however the OP probably thought a Monastery gives +3 +3 to wine which it does not. I think the actual ingame description of the Monastery is somewhat misleading (like "Gives +2 Culture and +2 Faith and more with Wine or Incense" if I recall correctly) - so it doesn't give any clue there that the +2 +2 bonus is gained without working any tiles and the additional bonus is only granted to the resources tiles themselves which do need to be worked to get the bonus.

Yes, as you say, its misleading, in fact the ingame screen yields 2 faith and culture, and im going to check (but i understand now) that i'll gain 2 more from buying a monastery that wont show in the city screen but will be computed in the faith and culture i gain each turn. Btw heres a screenshot (sirry its not an english version).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 161
Monastery:
+2 Faith to city screen
+2 culture to city screen

AND

+1 faith to incense/wine tiles (which you get on the city screen if you work them)
+1 culture to incense/wine tiles (which you get on the city screen if you work them)

Goddess of Festivals:
+1 faith to incense/wine tiles (which you get on the city screen if you work them)
+1 culture to incense/wine tiles (which you get on the city screen if you work them)

They stack... that city already has a monastery in it (and Goddess of Festivals)
for
+2 faith on the incense/wine tiles
+2 culture on incense/wine tiles

(and the base +2 faith +2 culture from the monastery building itself)

Top Bottom