Thing I learned about the world thru Civ4

254. That Longbowmen were here longer than you think...

256. French Musketeers could run as fast as horses.

257. Airports make people sick, even when there is no pandemic.

258. You think Alexander the Great always stood in front of the Parthenon, even when it was built in a faraway land. (This also applies to Hatty in front of the Pyramids, Louis XIV in front of Versailles, Pericles in front of the Temple of Artemis, Qin Shi Huang Di in front of the Great Wall, Saladin in front of the Dome of the Rock, Napoleon in Notre Dame, Gandhi in front of the Taj Mahal, Huyana Capac in front of Manchu Picchu, and Sury in front of Angor Wat.)

259. Wars are always fought to the soundtrack of melodious and calm baroque music.

261. Learned things numbered at 63 and 120-199 were stolen by Soviet Russian spies as they destroyed your mine in a cloud of smoke(if you look back the numbers I stated are seriously missing :huh: )

262. Whenever you catch enemy spies, the enemy doesn't get angry with you; if your spies are caught, you get nuked :hide: .

Also I was looking through the list of smilies and found this...
:spear:

263. The rest of the world considered George W. Bush a villain.

264. Railroads were discovered in the 1820s-1830s, and yet the Chunnel wasn't completed until the 1990s. The whole world must have been slacking.

265. The same warrior guarding Washington DC right now has been there since 4000 BC.

263. The rest of the world considered George W. Bush a villain.

264. Railroads were discovered in the 1820s-1830s, and yet the Chunnel wasn't completed until the 1990s. The whole world must have been slacking.

266. The Chunnel couldn't have been built because it's across a water tile.

Does anyone know where the one about civ V is located? I cant seem to find it.

Does anyone know where the one about civ V is located? I cant seem to find it.

Don't think there is one, why don't you create one?

Likewise,
268.Elephants require HBR, yet they don't use horses.

269. Ballista elephants, in addition to the above, also don't require archery even though they have an elephant.

271. The secrets to develop communism were unearthed in a cache of scrolls and stone tablets buried in the desert sands.

272. You can't build tunnels through mountains, even with railroad and all of the other techs, so you either have to have an Open Borders Treaty with Canada or Mexico, or have a lot of airports. No matter what, if someone attacks California, Alaska, or Hawaii, the United States of America is screwed.

272. You can't build tunnels through mountains, even with railroad and all of the other techs, so you either have to have an Open Borders Treaty with Canada (or Mexico, but that's not a good idea) or have a lot of airports. No matter what, if someone attacks California, Alaska, or Hawaii, the United States of America is screwed.
Emphasis mine.

Just a kind suggestion: We have a number of Mexican and Latin American members here at CFC. In fact, there are members from all over the world. Insulting people (even accidentally) with ethnic based remarks is never a good idea.

We generally try to avoid nationalistic political comments (that aren't about game civs) for that reason. Patriotism is a good thing, but not at the expense of slagging users who don't belong to your country, whatever the real world political situation might be.

Top Bottom