+52 G&K achievements added (with description)

How did you get "indoctrinated!".

I just tried getting it my capturing a great prophet from a rival and spreading it to my own holy city. I converted my holy city to their religion, but did not get the achievement. Does the AI have to actually do it?

I did the same, also no achievement.

I think it's broken, the achievement cleary states that you need to do is to Lose dominant status in your holy city to an opponent religion. which would automatically mean another civilization.. so unless their holy city needs to exist, (i can't recall if Vienna was udner my control or not, probably). then I should by definition gotten the achievement.

Wow you have gotten all of the others already? Did you really play through that many games?
First I sort all achievements and try to get as many as possible in one advanced setup. In most case I quit when I get the achievements. I play on prince level (emperor is my normal level), in rare case (read boring....) I play on settler difficulty.

p.s Europe release 22/6 :) d.s

How did you get "indoctrinated!".

I just tried getting it my capturing a great prophet from a rival and spreading it to my own holy city. I converted my holy city to their religion, but did not get the achievement. Does the AI have to actually do it?
I waited to create me religion until AI was strong (many religious cities) and then capture (opt. marriage with Austria) a CS near AI, found my religion in CS (stop growth) and waited for AI to convert it :)

I got "Indoctrinated" when Harun came over and popped a great prophet right next to me. The AI *does* do it, it just takes 'em a while, it seems.

Hm, I guess the achievement needs to be reworded so it involves the AI only being able to do it, not yourself, using captured prophets for example.

Has anyone had any luck with the "RAM Usage" achievement. I researched Satellites with Attilia on a Large Map, but nothing. Looking at the global steam stats and 0% of people have it, so seeing it's not a particularly hard achievement I'd say it was bugged.

Has anyone had any luck with the "RAM Usage" achievement. I researched Satellites with Attilia on a Large Map, but nothing. Looking at the global steam stats and 0% of people have it, so seeing it's not a particularly hard achievement I'd say it was bugged.
This one could be done in less when 1 minute. Information age start. Spend all culture to finnish Rationalism and select Satellites as free tech :crazyeye:

Missed that day in history class. There is enough time in the Fall of Rome scenario to eliminate both Eastern and Western Rome as well as the Vandals and Franks and still take an original Persian city on turn 69. It may be possible to kill off the Goths too. At least this can be done on settler. The Med is like a Celtic pond.

i also got indoctrinated when the maya great prophet spreaded blaphemy among constantinople

I thought I could cheat the Longest. Name. Ever. achievement by using the Huns ability when playing against the Celts. Sure enough I settled the city but I didn't get the achievement. Curses.

I thought I could cheat the Longest. Name. Ever. achievement by using the Huns ability when playing against the Celts. Sure enough I settled the city but I didn't get the achievement. Curses.

I was wondering if that would work, luckily I decided to do it the long way.

This one could be done in less when 1 minute. Information age start. Spend all culture to finnish Rationalism and select Satellites as free tech :crazyeye:

I don't understand this. I just did this, however it took me more time than that. I started in information age and was only given enough culture to get 4/5 policies. I had to earn the last one, which took around 8 turns.

Still fast, but not nearly as fast as 1 turn.

I don't understand this. I just did this, however it took me more time than that. I started in information age and was only given enough culture to get 4/5 policies. I had to earn the last one, which took around 8 turns.

Still fast, but not nearly as fast as 1 turn.

It depends on Game Speed/Difficulty, if you started on Settler and Quick, the first policy is 5 points, second one is 10. however, Warlord starts at 10, and goes to 15 the next, so that will make a diffrence.

About the longest name ever, it is, ifnact, the longest name in the city list, because it breaks the maximum permitted length if you choose your own city. I was hoping this would be one of those "easy" ones but found out it wasn't, since I couldn't finish the name..

you guys look at the steam achievments because they are not to difficult to understand how to get the achiements and as for the longest name ever achviement i am not likely to get the achivement mainly I am the tall empire person and not wide empire person.

It depends on Game Speed/Difficulty, if you started on Settler and Quick, the first policy is 5 points, second one is 10. however, Warlord starts at 10, and goes to 15 the next, so that will make a diffrence.
Correct, On Standard speed you have to select Warlord or lower to be able to due it on 1 turn. A good example on a very boring achievement, but fun to do with a workaround :lol:

IAbout the longest name ever, it is, ifnact, the longest name in the city list, because it breaks the maximum permitted length if you choose your own city. I was hoping this would be one of those "easy" ones but found out it wasn't, since I couldn't finish the name..
Tiny Great plains with only 1 AI and no CS is a good setup. Build all cities in circles around your capital (3 hexagon gap betweens cities).

Correct, On Standard speed you have to select Warlord or lower to be able to due it on 1 turn. A good example on a very boring achievement, but fun to do with a workaround :lol:

Tiny Great plains with only 1 AI and no CS is a good setup. Build all cities in circles around your capital (3 hexagon gap betweens cities).

That's what i Did, I pickd a huge map, 2 players, Settler, and just spammed the cities,g ot it eventually.

I tried to be even sneakier and rename my city, but the field wasn't long enough. Was it the entire name when you built it as the Huns, or was the end chopped off.

I tried to be even sneakier and rename my city, but the field wasn't long enough. Was it the entire name when you built it as the Huns, or was the end chopped off.
It was the entire name alright, I checked to see if there had been cut-off when it didn't activate but there wasn't. The fact that it doesn't work might be a bug given the achievement's description. I'm interested to see if it activates for people who conquer the city instead of playing Celts and founding it.

It was the entire name alright, I checked to see if there had been cut-off when it didn't activate but there wasn't. The fact that it doesn't work might be a bug given the achievement's description. I'm interested to see if it activates for people who conquer the city instead of playing Celts and founding it.

Yes maybe it has to be flagged as Celts to work. Curious if it would work by conquering. I wonder if the Celts normally expand a lot though, since it is city 32 on the list. Guess you could try huge with just Celts as AI and see how it pans out. I just played Celts and built like mad. It should work on anything except duel as long as you build quickly enough.

Top Bottom