My first Science victory on Immortal!

Congrats! :)

There's probably nothing as satisfying in civ as watching that spaceship take off.

Congrats!

Often on Immortal, you need to launch considerably quicker than that to win, but sometimes the AI's are slower and hopefully are warring with each other and slowing theirselve's down.

Congrats, Immortal is difficult. wining on it for the first time is a nice rush.

A constructive pointers though.
You are late by about 70 turns, any turn past 300 on immortal is luck.

Your spread out to far, you only got away with this because you are isolated and no one got in there soon enough to fill in your spaces. Also I saw a video of a guy almost lose a space race because it took two turns to get the part to his cap...

Those jungles should have been TP'd back in the renaissance, that alone would have cut as many 10 turns off the time to research the last techs.

Your hurting your science more than helping with so many cities, 3-5 is best.

Save Oxford for satellites. Try to acquire an early wonder that gives GE points and save a GE for the Hubble. Build the Apollo program in a secondary city. If you are taking 4 turns a part in the cap, there is no need to get the program up asap. Hubble is more important (you have to beat Cathy to it).

Congrats, Immortal is difficult. wining on it for the first time is a nice rush.

A constructive pointers though.
You are late by about 70 turns, any turn past 300 on immortal is luck.

For a peaceful science win, sure. But I won my first Immortal game recently with a science victory as Shaka around the same move when I had been going for a domination victory and switched aims because I was half an era ahead of the other undefeated superpower, Assyria (I don't know if going all out and finishing the domination victory would have been faster, but it would have been tedious taking 3 scattered Assyrian-owned capitals against their bigger but slightly behind army after spending the 1880-1930 period stuck in a stalemate against an America/Russia/Indonesia alliance--broken with a modern navy against Indonesia, planes against Russia, and then rocket artillery to take America--followed by a nuclear strike force to invade Russia's coast en route to Moscow. By the time that was all done, Assyria was still behind but had nukes, and the final war would have been messy.)

300 turns was a good target in G&K, but honestly BNW AI is not that great at teching. 370 is too late, I agree, but not as bad as it seems by using the old standard.

Top Bottom