New NESes, ideas, development, etc

You know, I am wondering if somebody ever tried to give my idea for an X-COM NES a shot.

Also, I am wondering if somebody ever tried to make a NES where players control PMCs. It would be quite an interesting idea.

PMC's would be pretty good. I had an idea for it at one point, but scrapped it as it was too much to work with unfortunately.

PMC's would be pretty good. I had an idea for it at one point, but scrapped it as it was too much to work with unfortunately.

Well, thinking about it, it would only require these stats:
Funds: used to hire soldiers and buy equipment, earned through missions.
Soldiers: they can be of four kinds, Assault, Heavy, Sniper and Support. Each kind has a certain level.
Weapons: exactly that. Includes ammo.
Transport: planes, choppers, perhaps even ships.
Employees: includes medics and perhaps researchers.
Missions: what your soldiers are doing, and how many
Projects: if there are researchers, they are doing this. Projects could be better weapons or something like that.

Well, thinking about it, it would only require these stats:
Funds: used to hire soldiers and buy equipment, earned through missions.
Soldiers: they can be of four kinds, Assault, Heavy, Sniper and Support. Each kind has a certain level.
Weapons: exactly that. Includes ammo.
Transport: planes, choppers, perhaps even ships.
Employees: includes medics and perhaps researchers.
Missions: what your soldiers are doing, and how many
Projects: if there are researchers, they are doing this. Projects could be better weapons or something like that.

Hmm, such as a NES set in current times, but the players control PMCs sent out to do certain tasks?

Perhaps even a bit further into the future. Maybe a project could be building laser rifles... :)

I like it. :)

My own idea was the cliche that the PMCs had control over the world and fought for territory along a variety of fronts after a massive economic collapse. Though at this point it would require more than a little work on it to say the least.

I like it. :)

My own idea was the cliche that the PMCs had control over the world and fought for territory along a variety of fronts after a massive economic collapse. Though at this point it would require more than a little work on it to say the least.

My idea was based slightly on EQ's corporations from The World Turned Upside Down 2. I am still a bit irked at him for dropping the NES just as I was getting better with leading Andalusia.

My idea was based slightly on EQ's corporations from The World Turned Upside Down 2. I am still a bit irked at him for dropping the NES just as I was getting better with leading Andalusia.

Interesting to say the least, I'll have to check it out sometime here.

Interesting to say the least, I'll have to check it out sometime here.

It was a nice NES. I always hoped that EQ would retake it, but, alas, he did not have the time to keep up.

I had the nicest project set up, too, a network of solar farms, able to produce enough electricity to feed a good part of Andalusia, thus reducing the need for foreign oil.

It was a nice NES. I always hoped that EQ would retake it, but, alas, he did not have the time to keep up.

I had the nicest project set up, too, a network of solar farms, able to produce enough electricity to feed a good part of Andalusia, thus reducing the need for foreign oil.

Hmm, an interesting side project to work upon as the Mortal Engines NES is being fleshed out, I'll look into it. Honestly, it is very impressive to say the least.

My idea for possible missions (with snazzy names):

Mission: Voting Freedom
Duration: 1 week
Payment: $1,000,000
Difficulty: Low
Objective: Ensure security of first elections for unified Korea. Prevent hard-line Juches from attacking voting booths in former North Korea.
Bonus: No civilian deaths. Juches may only be killed if no other resource is available.

Game time could go on weeks or months.

Each type of soldier would have a level that would depend on the training, experience and available weaponry.

Not bad at all. Would there be updates similar to other NES's or just the Mod coming in and deciding who wins what sort of mission and allows those with more time to gain an advantage?

Not bad at all. Would there be updates similar to other NES's or just the Mod coming in and deciding who wins what sort of mission and allows those with more time to gain an advantage?

Updates would go in the form of news. There would also be some sort of offering and counter-offering between the clients and the PMCs (for example, one PMC could offer to do the job for 90% of the price).

Updates would go in the form of news. There would also be some sort of offering and counter-offering between the clients and the PMCs (for example, one PMC could offer to do the job for 90% of the price).

Very interesting. Would definitely take some work but would be very entertaining.

On the subject of the Mortal Engines NES, a large sum of ideas have been hammered out at this point, and I will have tentative stats and rules out by the end of the week most likely in order to handle that front if someone would like to look into it.

A
My idea for possible missions (with snazzy names):

Game time could go on weeks or months.

Each type of soldier would have a level that would depend on the training, experience and available weaponry.

A cool idea might be having other PCs working against eachother on missions. For example, in the mission above Juches might hire a PC to disrupt the elections, foorcing players to work against eachother.

Hi, I'm thinking if starting another NES, because my other one isn't doing to well, and doesn't take much effort to mod. My idea is a fantasy freshstart, with players choosing a race and then making a nation. For races, I have the following ideas (they break the stereotype a bit):

Humans: The humans are finally losing their stranglehold on politics. For the last century, they have dominated the nearby continents through military force and cunning alliances. Most humans have been united under one empire: Illtan. However, a crippling rebellion by the freedom movement Tanda has brought the once-mighty empire to its knees. Now, successor states have sprung up, like plants after a wildfire, filling the empty space. Illtan still remains, but its problems do, too. Corrupt officials and a string if cruel tyrants threatens to erase the legendary kingdom.

Elves: Elves are an... Interesting race. They had their beginnings in the center of the Il-Kragnar desert, and still retain strong ties to the sandy plain. Their nomadic ways, reminiscent of desert living, are a strong part of their racial identity, and they are uncomfortable staying in one place for too long. Elves usually are constantly on the move, transporting their goods to the next location in perpetuity. However, they are beginning to settle down, often in warlike city-states, who survive off raiding and pillaging. The elves are a race geared towards warfare, with their agile bodies and above average strength, most elven societies use this to the best of their abilities.

Dwarves: Dwarves are a forest-loving race, and mostly stick to the woods. Recently, though, they have began to move outwards, and are currently in many areas. The dwarves themselves are very mechanically minded, and often employ simple steam technology in their warfare. They usually live high off the ground, either in treehouses or manmade high-rise structures.

Gnomes: The gnomes are traders, as simple as that. They love money, and will do anything to get their hands on it. Natural bargainers, they also are above average diplomats. Their small stature and frail bodies has led them to avoid warfare, and no major conflict including the gnomes has ever been recorded. The gnomes tend to live in large cities in the coast or on rivers, and often near the mountains.

I am also planning on including magic. I don't know how it wil be handled yet, but it will most definitely include making golems to fight, aiding public works, and using the magic during warfare.

The time period will be about 1700, and there will be a slight steampunk flair (sorry optical, it has to he done.)

Thoughts, suggestions, questions, ideas or critiques?

Eh, humans are rather stereotypical, and I stole elves from a book. Dwarves are only different because I replaced mountains with forests, and gnomes are actually original.

I like it. Anyhow, there's plenty of steampunk to share around. ;)

Add Ratmen and you probably have me.:p

Joking aside I'd probably be up for a fantasy fresh start depending on my school load come January.

Top Bottom