Extra Traits for C2C

I'm sure there is but I'm not sure how to best find it... Hydro would know. And we're drawing up a spreadsheet database that would make finding that list a bit easier.

All culture wonders are listed here.

SO would know all the playable Civs and leaders since he has made them. That's his area of expertise.

All culture wonders are listed here.

SO would know all the playable Civs and leaders since he has made them. That's his area of expertise.

Sweet! I'll pour over these in the coming weeks and start to put leader names to the cultures. What is the target number of names that we would be looking for per culture?

According to the other proposals that seem to be in agreement on so far, I agree that the leader name lists would need to stem from cultures. However, it could collect all the lists of all the culture resources the civ has collected. And the leaders on a given culture list could operate a little better if their culture was adopted while they are acting leaderhead. (maybe adjusts the amount of global culture earnings required for the next trait upgrade.)

Agreed that it would be a good idea to use all the cultures. Maybe it would be good to control it by cultures that were around in the erra you are currently in? To prevent a Hannibal showing up in 1983 or something.

Agreed that Playstyle would be too much to get into. I'm not thinking I like 'Random' either. I'm a bit torn between predefined traits based on WHO the name stems from and having 'choice'. For initial traits, I'm not sure that having full choice when they spawn is a good idea. Perhaps each should have a pre-set selection of beginning traits. You can always shape them further as you go. But one of the neat things about this system could be constantly having to adapt your playstyle to your new leader's new abilities and flaws. Alternatively, for more classic Civ players, an option could guide the system to always spawn them with the same starting traits as you selected in your beginning leader.

I could get on board with realistic traits historically. It would just be more work. Maybe only start them with one predefined trait though? But I guess i the player getts the option of choosing his next leader than it wouldn't be sso bad to have them predefined.

I'm not sure it would be necessary to only keep to leaders that existed where names are concerned. Some cultures probably don't have an exhaustive enough list to go about it this way. So other noteworthies, those who could've been leaders but weren't, and so on should be included, and in some cases, we'll just have to get some names based on cultural standards, even more from outright imagination if even that is impossible to find references for.

Most importantly, they'll each need their own art panel for the leaderhead potential. Some cultures could probably historically only pull up a couple, if any, known leaders, so we can't restrict ourselves in this manner. If we're going to have preset traits on them, it would be most important to make sure all combinations are honored, with some due given to the classic leader styles of that particular culture for more common traits that appear.

I agree with all of that. We would need tons of aret panels.

This gets into the realm of asking the question, how, exactly will new governing units be generated? Will it vary on civic? Will they only come into play when the nation needs a leader? Do we need to consider 'family lines' here? (Princes and Princess born etc...) Would it work like the way GPs are born? Are they built like heroes? Are GPs/Heroes going to be convertable to Governing Units? Any other ideas here?

I would like a new bar that is culture driven that causes the governors to be born. Civics, hell yeah. Family lines would be to difficult to accomplish wouldnt it? As for converting them from heroes/GP I would only like that if the names of the GP could be controlled by cultures you have. GGs the same deal

Overall I like the direction that this is going in :D

Ok, I'm going to let this discussion get back on topic here and start up a thread or two for further development on these plans later. Not to say we're not inviting further comments from others, particularly other members of the mod team. I'm wondering how you guys see all this stuff. But I'll give these projects their own due and let you guys working on the current, new traits, room to get back on task there.

I want to fairly distribute the traits- traits such as aggressive have 23 leaders, scientific 1, for example, here is what i've got so far in terms of shifting leader traits around, more suggestions are very much welcome! Also if certain leaders' trait doesn't fit the the leader 'historically' speaking please let me know. We could probably use another scientific or two, and maybe another progressist for example. Deceiver could be still lacking too.

Spoiler :
A
Atotolzi aztec - aggressive change to progressist
Attila - aggressive to nomad
Asoka - organised to humanitarian.

B
Boudica - change aggressive to deciever.

C
Casimir III - polish guy needs a third trait populist, also change organised to financial.
Cunhambebe - change to politician & progressist.

D
David - aggressive to humanitarian.
Dido - change charasmatic to Humanitarian
David Ben Guiron - charasmatic to progressist.
Dom Pedro - expansive to scientific.

E

F
Frederick - aggressive to scientific.
Ferdinand Marcus - industrious to scientific.

G
Ghengis Khan change barbaric to reckless
Gallarwuy - aboriginal sprititual change to political and creative change to agricultural,
hunter gatherer change to idealist.

H
Heke - aggressive to political
Hummarabi - aggressive to scientific
Hatsheputsi - spiritual to scientific.
Haile Sellali - spiritual to progresssit.

I

J
Jean - change aggressive to humanitarian
Jao - change expansive to sea faring.

K

L
Little Crow - Humanitarian.
Lapu Lapu - charasmatic to progressist.
Lazaro - charasmatic to progresssist.
Lincoln - industrious to progressist.

M
Menzies - change charismatic to Politician
McDonald - organised to politician.
Mao - expansive to progresssit.

N
Nimi - aggressive to progressist
Nakasuk - Charasmatic change to humanitarian.

O

P
Pearson - Industrious to humanitarian

Q

R
Ragnar change aggressive to progessist

S
Santa Anna - aggressive change to deceiver.
Shaka - aggressive to progressist.
Shaybani Khan - aggressive to progresssit.
Salamansia - creative change to scientific.
Solomon - industrious to scientific.
Suryava - khmer guy change creative to seafaring.
Stalin - industrious change to progressist.

T
Trudeau - change to progresssit and scientific.

U

V
Vitorio - organised to politician.

W
William van - creative to seafaring.

X

Y
Yu - creative to agricultural.

Z

I don't know if you're taking requests for personal preference, but I kind of like Dido the way she is. Humanitarian doesn't really do much for me and I like the faster leveling from Charismatic. And I always feel like I'm leaving something on the table if I don't take Agricultural, even if it's completely dwarfed by all the food available in the mod.

I don't know if you're taking requests for personal preference, but I kind of like Dido the way she is. Humanitarian doesn't really do much for me and I like the faster leveling from Charismatic. And I always feel like I'm leaving something on the table if I don't take Agricultural, even if it's completely dwarfed by all the food available in the mod.

From her description she doesn't sound all that charismatic. The main reason I wanted to change her was simply to spread the traits out thats all. Too many charasmatic, not enough humanitarian. I guess I can not change her if you really want ;)

Didn't have much of a chance to finish them, lots of work. Hopefully by end of this weekend for sure!

Its actually not that much left to do, just been busy..

Here it is SO.
Again sorry for the delay and that it is somewhat unfinished but RL kinda gets in the way sometimes ;)

* just noticed seafaring combat1 promotion for the boats isn't working, think I missed a <FreePromotionUnitCombatType> in the code.

** It was just a simple missing line of code here is the fixed file, think its fixed anyway didn't check :lol:

Attachments

• CIV4TraitInfos.rar
    3 KB · Views: 53
I am not sure what topic this should go under but perhaps some of the traits should get +/- for Crime, Flammability, Pollution and Disease. Such as Protective could get a bonus to fighting Crime. We could even introduce new traits such as ...

Pro-Environment = -Pollution
Toxic = +Pollution

What do you guys think?

SO asked me to post my pm's here:
I've re-arranged all the leaders, balanced out the traits and changed a few things around.

I have not finished implementing a negative aspect into the original traits.

The TraitsPedia needs to be done which describes each trait in detail, outlying possible strategies etc.

The Property modifier I put into aggressive for +4 additional crime per pop when its at 10 already doesn't show in the civilopedia.

Im not sure how to go about doing pollution modifiers since I don't know properly how pollution, so I think you or hydro or whoever should implement this into Industrious + Organised I was thinking. More Crime for Nomad as a negative too perhaps.

Buildings modifiers, such as Hunter Gatherers slower granaries does not show in civilopedia.

I had a bunch of ideas that I wanted to implement for the original traits (in terms of negatives) but most of them don't work. Do you want to add some negatives for them?

I thought i'd hand it offer to you as is at this point since I might be slowing things down. Apologies, I don't have much free time as of late and this is my first go at modding

* Can't figure out how to attach file to pm so I attached it in the extra traits thread.

Here is the page http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpo...&postcount=172

I put in a request for a bunch of TAG requests here
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpo...&postcount=155

These would make our life soooo much easier and would flesh out the trait system extensively, im not at all sure how hard it would be to include these in the schema etc but if this was done c2c traits would be up to scratch compared with the rest of the A+ game

Not sure how people will feel about the total uneveness of traits tho man. We really need to implement more negatives into the original traits, I was reluctant to put in more property modifiers since I think its best done by someone who knows what they are doing.

Sorry to bombard you with pm's
Another idea I had but didn't really want to risk due to my inexperience was -
You know how Nomad's get +1 food on scavenger huts or whatever it is, perhaps we could give some negatives this way, such as -1 hammer on iron/bronze etc for creative, or -1 commerce for scientific on diamond/ruby tiles etc.

Just need to come up with some more negatives for the other traits.
You could just implement a quickfix and just give out a bunch of -1 health -1 happy etc on the fly so its at least playable & somewhat fair - until they are finished properly.

I am not sure what topic this should go under but perhaps some of the traits should get +/- for Crime, Flammability, Pollution and Disease. Such as Protective could get a bonus to fighting Crime. We could even introduce new traits such as ...

Pro-Environment = -Pollution
Toxic = +Pollution

What do you guys think?

I used a similar property manipulator under aggressive - it doesn't show under aggressive in the civilopedia however. I should mention here that it should work (since no errors occur), its just a problem with not showing up in the civilopedia.

Secondly, as I said in my above post, I did not want to implement pollution or any other property manipulators since I feel I do not have a good enough understanding of what would be 'balanced' in this regard. Especially when we are talking about pollution. Here is AiAndy's example of the code;
They are added at the end of a trait info:
Code:
<PropertyManipulators>
  <PropertySource>
    <PropertySourceType>PROPERTYSOURCE_ATTRIBUTE_CONSTANT</PropertySourceType>
    <PropertyType>PROPERTY_CRIME</PropertyType>
    <GameObjectType>GAMEOBJECT_CITY</GameObjectType>
    <RelationType>RELATION_ASSOCIATED</RelationType>
    <AttributeType>ATTRIBUTE_POPULATION</AttributeType>
    <iAmountPerTurn>-2</iAmountPerTurn>
    <Active>
      <Greater>
        <PropertyType>PROPERTY_CRIME</PropertyType>
        <Mult>
          <AttributeType>ATTRIBUTE_POPULATION</AttributeType>
          <Constant>10</Constant>
        </Mult>
      </Greater>
    </Active>
  </PropertySource>
</PropertyManipulators>
This property source reduces crime by 2 per population in all cities of the one with the trait if the city has more than 10 crime per population.

Great idea on the properties.

For balance? Even an adjustment of 1 per pop would be pretty powerful. I'd try to keep it to something like -/+ 4 in every city for a minor benefit and -/+ 8 in every city for a major benefit. (That's on the generating value, not the sum total.) This would be roughly equivalent to -/+1 Health or Happiness and -/+2 Health or Happiness. (At least at the 4 crime per population that hydro has it at now.)

I'm only speaking for crime here though - each property type probably varies in terms of its overall balance point. And not all would be absolutely applicable to cities. (For now they all do seem to be mostly focused on cities though.)

Speaking of properties, a Justice type could also give a free Law Enforcement promo to Law Enforcement units(though here's where it would be useful to define the law enforcement units as their own combat class - once we have subcombat classes in play in a few weeks you can do that.) While a 'Scoundrel' could also give a free Criminal promo to its Rogue type units. And so on along those kinds of lines.

I like the idea for law enforcement promo's. We need to focus on more negatives for the original traits though.
Regarding the property manipulators as you see I had already put them in there but my concern is that they don't show up in the civilopedia - like lots of other things :sad:
Also I didn't want to do any more property manipulators (especially pollution) since I think its best done by hyrdro or whoever - who knows what the right amounts are.

Since no-one has added or changed the traits I did a very quick change and added a bunch of negative civic upkeeps and gave political a little buff.

Redid it - balanced them a bit more. For example, changed revolutionary to 4 rev max, lowered political to 3 rev max. Changed a lot of the upkeep values, nerfed a few other negative traits too.

*Removed the earlier file.

Attachments

• CIV4TraitInfos2.rar
    3 KB · Views: 46
Do you guys think populist and/or fanatical are too strong?

* Also has anyone noticed that Hunter-Gatherer build slower granaries? I haven't tested it so im not sure. They should have like 50% slower granaries i think it is, otherwise im gonna have to nerf them it seems.

Can someone who knows how to do the buildings properly help to see what I did wrong.. why all my building modifiers aren't showing up. Was it just that the building file didn't get included, idk..

Top Bottom