C2C Graphics

ArtDefinesSchema is no longer needed. It is one of those that has been "centralised" so that you always get the most up to date. You reference it differently to other schema files in the xml.

Toffer, thanks for the hints.
Any clue why it isn't working?
There is nothing wrong with the graphics, which I proved by replacing the navy seal units model and texture and seeing it work in-game with animations and all.
So the problem lies in us two not comprehending the XML part sufficiently. ^^

I have tried it several times including a start from the scratch.
Maybe one of you Unitwizards can have a look and fix the unit, i'm sure i won't find the mistake without help.:crazyeye:
Just unzip and drop it into the BioPunk folder.

I'm no wizard, but what isn't working? Are you saying you can't build it in-game when you have all the prereqs? Or what?

I'm saying that when I try to add it as a new unit in the world-builder I can't find it in the unit-list.

In what folder do you currently have the xml for it? (I would expect Modules/Alt-Timelines/Biopunk, but it would be the only unit in there, and Modules has been extensively rearranged/merged since I was last working there)

In what folder do you currently have the xml for it? (I would expect Modules/Alt-Timelines/Biopunk, but it would be the only unit in there, and Modules has been extensively rearranged/merged since I was last working there)

The attached file in this post: (Link), has it set up exactly as I tried it, folder structure and all. But it does not include the changes made by Flinx (he fixed at least 1 XML error I made).

The attached file in this post: (Link), has it set up exactly as I tried it, folder structure and all. But it does not include the changes made by Flinx (he fixed at least 1 XML error I made).

I downloaded Flinx' version since it's the latest. His path to the art is /Art/Units, but it was coded in the XML as /art/units. That's all I changed and the unit shows up in-game.

However, it is far too big. I only looked at it in the pedia, and everything above the chest doesn't fit in the frame. Try it at 60% the size in the art def (<fScale> is currently 0.67 - I suggest it should be roughly 0.4. I guess the shadow scale similarly needs to be reduced).

I downloaded Flinx' version since it's the latest. His path to the art is /Art/Units, but it was coded in the XML as /art/units. That's all I changed and the unit shows up in-game.

However, it is far too big. I only looked at it in the pedia, and everything above the chest doesn't fit in the frame. Try it at 60% the size in the art def (<fScale> is currently 0.67 - I suggest it should be roughly 0.4. I guess the shadow scale similarly needs to be reduced).
Cool cool.

I read a short story that had aliens visiting Earth and finding everyone dead from lack of recreation because of all the updates needed... :)

Finally got it working the way i wanted to.

Thanks to Toffer and Yudishtira. :goodjob:

Thanks to Toffer and Yudishtira. :goodjob:
Well done. If you upload it here i can commit it to the SVN today. :) (I thought I saw an attached file and picture in your post just a moment ago)

Are the unit stats in line with other units available at the same time?

Well, here it is.
Sorry for the delay, i had to fix a minor XML-error.

The stats are the ones Hydro wanted to, i didn't check other units at the same timeline.
Unit costs 3000, do not worry about the numbers in the screenshot. ;)

And now again:

Thanks to Toffer and Yudishtira.:goodjob:

Attachments

• BioPunk-OrganicInfantry.7z
    76.7 KB · Views: 60
  • OrganicInfantry.JPG
    OrganicInfantry.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 126
@DH Is this what you had in mind for stories?

Attached is an example of only the tales of beluga, so you can test it in game and give proper feedback if needed.

I'll wait for your response before i do this for every "tales of X"

I though it was time to start on this today since you are back from your trip.
Took me some hours to figure out how to get it to always face the camera properly. ^^

Attachments

• TalesofBeluga.7z
    4 KB · Views: 88
  • Talesof_Beluga.jpg
    Talesof_Beluga.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 147
Not really. I was thinking of just one unit for all since the "tales of..." have good buttons. Then the unit could be used for other myths/stories as well eg the Natural Wonders one. So a blank scroll or a hand holding a rolled up scroll are more like what I was thinking.

Sorry, I am a bit vague at the moment. I got caught in the rain yesterday. Hopefully it is just a cold and not the flu that is going round.

Sorry, I am a bit vague at the moment. I got caught in the rain yesterday. Hopefully it is just a cold and not the flu that is going round.
I thought perhaps all the different stories should be distinguishable on the map. It can be used for natural wonders too...

Anyhow;

is this model closer to what you imagined? Untitled-1.png

Top Bottom