V36

fox456

Warlord
I usually don't have much time to play Civ until the summer. I got online a few days ago and saw the forum down. I thought for a second that the community was gone, and my stomach got a sick feeling!

Sure am glad to see the site is back up now!

I was checking to see if there was a newer version since last summer. I looked through some of the threads, but didn't see a release date for v36. What is the latest news?

Thanks again.

I don't think it'll be that far off. Working on some last issues on my end.

Trying to find a moment where we can declare it stable and bug-free has been pretty much impossible for some time now. Perhaps the problem is trying to strive for such a much higher standard with each version. The SVN version is good but there's such odd stuff going on with that blackout and this... I'm being told we should re-checkout a fresh version and make sure all changes are in place then commit again. Thing is, my dll update status has long been in an odd mode with some extra logging in place so it's going to be a little interesting getting back up to speed here.

From a "marketing" point of view a new official version is needed. I bet interest peaks when a new release is put out there

Actually right now would be a good point as no major addition is anywhere near ready. Graphics have been in place for a bit (only a few minor glitches there) and Bug reports are also down (even before the SVN gagged).

A new release of the current SVN would give all those players still on v35 a better platform to play on and most importantly a more stable version. IMPO.

JosEPh

For me current version of mod is ready to send to v36. Its mostly stable and playable.

Sparth, I'd recommend that you add the Machu Picchu tech graphics first.

As a player who can't really afford to download too much files (thus I only play the release versions, not the SVN) but still follows things, I would love to have a v36 come out soon, its been long enough between versions, and from what I can follow some real nice improvements have been made. As someone who would one day wish to finally finish a game and experience every era (even if they aren't all done!), a more stable version is welcomed. And the stability of the last few versions has never been something I have been happy about despite there being signs of improvement.(I might have my expectations too high when it comes to stability)

In any case, I'll be still lurking about watching and waiting for when the next version shall be released, whenever it be tomorrow or next year :p

As a player who can't really afford to download too much files (thus I only play the release versions, not the SVN) but still follows things, I would love to have a v36 come out soon, its been long enough between versions, and from what I can follow some real nice improvements have been made. As someone who would one day wish to finally finish a game and experience every era (even if they aren't all done!), a more stable version is welcomed. And the stability of the last few versions has never been something I have been happy about despite there being signs of improvement.(I might have my expectations too high when it comes to stability)

In any case, I'll be still lurking about watching and waiting for when the next version shall be released, whenever it be tomorrow or next year :p

You can download version from the May from this link:
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6VuHphw5zHzQW9QazlTcTlmM1E&export=download

If we are going to have a v36 release we need to have a two week freeze on all code except bug fixes. During that two weeks everyone should note and report all the errors big and small and only those should be fixed.

I am in the middle of testing the changes to the Religion techs to stop the AI studying those that have already been researched by someone. The method appears to work for the AI players, I just have to test that it does for the human players and get all the religions included. This will take me a couple of days. It will then need people to play games with it to find any bugs. This may need more time than the freeze allows.

If I can get it finished and in what say we start the freeze next Wednesday (which coincidentally is when I discover when I will be going into hospital for minor surgery)?

Could you check to see which event it is that is stopping religions from being finally modular?

Could you check to see which event it is that is stopping religions from being finally modular?

There is a whole bunch of stuff, not just events. Rwn has done most of the leg work to make them modular. There are a couple of minor problems with what he did and we need to update it to match the changes that have happened since.

edit if you want that in v36 then add a month before the freeze.

I think that could wait till after v36 release too. The sooner v36 can be released the better for the Mod overall, (disclaimer) impo.

JosEPh:)

It is wed. Freeze started???

I also wait for stable v36 to start a new game.

I'm good with a freeze starting wed.

Not until these "movement" CTD's have been found and fixed, i cant even play right now :(

Plus i believe Joe wanted to add some of HIS stuff to the SVN, but was waiting for approval, so if you start the freeze he "should not " be able to add then???

Plus i believe Joe wanted to add some of HIS stuff to the SVN, but was waiting for approval, so if you start the freeze he "should not " be able to add then???
Joe's changes are so uncontroversial that they could be added even in a freeze imo, meaning they are not likely to cause any issues; they are mostly about balance and minor tweaking which are usually okay in a freeze.

Yes we are in a freeze.

Joe's changes are so uncontroversial that they could be added even in a freeze imo, meaning they are not likely to cause any issues; they are mostly about balance and minor tweaking which are usually okay in a freeze.

Another example of people ignoring me.:lol: I find at least one controversial. These are exactly the "not so minor" changes you should not do when in a freeze because there may be unexpected consequences with how they interact with each other and other components of the mod.

I would be OK with Joe's three and the civics and promotion changes going in after the release of v36. I am still totally against the Hunting one.

@DH,

No Problem Boss man! I can wait. It gives me more time to get things checked out better and tweaked some more. :D

JosEPh :)

I find at least one controversial.
Crime disease or pests?
These are exactly the "not so minor" changes you should not do when in a freeze because there may be unexpected consequences with how they interact with each other and other components of the mod.
I thought the freeze period was about not adding new features, and that balancing and bug fixing was mostly okay (Joes changes are only about balancing as far as I know).
So only bug fixing during freeze; got it.;)

Top Bottom