V36

Multimaps will come when C2C is completely balanced and stable.

Which is to say, a fairly long time. But one day! One day, we'll colonize the Moon! I'm telling ya!

Yea makes sense... If the game is too unbalanced and nobody is getting to the modern era why make the moon/solar system map system... I guess players could start in the modern era but that would ruin the fun of prehistoric rock throwers evolving into moon walking terraformers.

I often do industrial era/modern era starts. Mainly so I can have a look at stuff I can't in the earlier ages.

Interestingly enough, its much harder to do the industrial era start than the modern era (also much more buggy)

I often do industrial era/modern era starts. Mainly so I can have a look at stuff I can't in the earlier ages.

Interestingly enough, its much harder to do the industrial era start than the modern era (also much more buggy)

That's because the Mod is not "balanced" for any start but Prehistoric. Some work has been done in that regard but not for every Era iirc.

JosEPh

Actually is just the Industrial starts that's particularly buggy, my guess is its due to the starting units you receive. On the Industrial era start you receive as your worker units great farmers, which if not removed on the first turn causes a crash after you end your first turn unless the option for unlimited national units is on. (Just a rough guess, have not fully tested it) Otherwise it works fine normally although you have to be rather smart with what you aim to build.

@ C2C Team,
Since DH is dealing with some RL issues and a Sourceforge issue, is the freeze going to be extended for another week?

JosEPh

Im waiting for last moment. Im currently in modern era test play and still finding small bugs.

Just trying to make sure everything is ok before final because of the time before, if you get my drift?? :p

We should wait a few days after the FPKs have been updated before we end the freeze and release v36.

BTW sorry guys, I have been reading books to forget my medical issues rather than playing C2C.

Need some help.

After SVN 8616 I updated to 8633, then 8645, 8650, and now 8657, somewhere between 8633 and current 8657 my turn times have increased tremendously. Had a turn to day where I just completed research for Matchlock and it took over 7 minutes for the EoT to process. Something changed in the processing of the turn data that has increased turn time nearly 10 fold from what I was experiencing at SVN 8616. I can say that I've never experienced this much lag in EoT processing for a long long time. (This is also the 1st game in 3 years that I've made it into the Ren Era.) It actually takes almost 2 minutes for the "running man" to appear from the normal game spearhead cursor too. Has some of the recent coding changes caused more looping processes for units? I have been involved in 2 heavy wars that saw my and several other AI build up Armies significantly. I have stack limit set at 50.

i7 2600k @3.4Ghz Cpu, 8GB DDR3 1233Mhz, Nvidia GTx 550 Ti vid card, recent Win 10 Pro x64 upgrade from Win 7 Pro x64.

9 player game on Normal, Emperor, Large (iirc) PM map and No Options that generate extra barbs or Civs. Only thing extra is my Crime modmod.

Is anyone else experiencing a EoT slowdown too? Can post a save game in Bug thread if Alberts2 or T-brd want to take a look see.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

JosEPh

I was wondering if I was imagining the slowdown so I did some things I thought would address it if it was what I thought it was. May be more needs to be done to speed things up there. Buildup issues I believe. AKA, getting it to work right caused perhaps too severe a slowdown and there may still be a way to reduce redundancies and unnecessary checks.

I'd invite Alberts to take another look at the re-vampings that took place there and see if he can see an effective way to streamline that doesn't cause bugs.

After posting above I went into the windows performance settings and made further adjustments under Custom ( I never "let Windows manage" the performance settings), reduced/stopped some more settings I normally use like shadow under mouse etc. Anyway EoT time tonight has been in the 3-4 minute range, mostly 3. But still that seems excessive compared to what is was just 2 weeks ago. Largest Civ of the 9 "players" has 29 cities, followed by 28 and then my 24 and then the rest except the last place has 19-11 cities, with last place showing 2.

JosEPh

After posting above I went into the windows performance settings and made further adjustments under Custom ( I never "let Windows manage" the performance settings), reduced/stopped some more settings I normally use like shadow under mouse etc. Anyway EoT time tonight has been in the 3-4 minute range, mostly 3. But still that seems excessive compared to what is was just 2 weeks ago. Largest Civ of the 9 "players" has 29 cities, followed by 28 and then my 24 and then the rest except the last place has 19-11 cities, with last place showing 2.

JosEPh

I agree, EoT has been GREATLY affected for some odd reason??? Pls someone figure this out soon, i believe Joe has another post about it in the discussions area. thx .. .

Turn times have been in the 9 to 12+ min range in the Ren Era on Normal game speed with 8AI on a PM map, large iirc.

I would really like to get to the Ind Era but I've had 2 EoT crashes/MAFs with the Minidump file being 0 bytes. This is very concerning.

I was hoping V36 could be released this week. But now I can't support that till this increased EoT time gets checked out.

JosEPh

I can't look into anything with that much depth until the weekend after this coming weekend. Even then, I did what I could to speed things up where I suspected the problem may lie but I'm not sure if there's something causing a slowdown elsewhere.

Turn times are bad since the changes to the unit movement rules but they are even longer now.

The increased usage of the unit contracting and the healer production evaluation are slowing things down.

Top Bottom