how is this mod comming

Civ4newbie

Warlord
curious, when do you folks predict this mod to be done and I mean everything in this? is the sea cities done yet?will there ever be intelligent alien rivals to discover that are non humanoid in the mod or that you can eventually set up something like united nations/galactic nations with them for a diplomatic victory as a opton to win?
also is the futuristic music and city sounds done for the mod? there was a discussion for sounds and music in the future eras but it was a while ago, I do not want to look it up for a answer as it is berried far beaneath a lot of these threads.

also is the futuristic music and city sounds done for the mod? there was a discussion for sounds and music in the future eras but it was a while ago, I do not want to look it up for a answer as it is berried far beaneath a lot of these threads.

Cities soon will be, im currently working on this.
Music already is, inlcuding city ambient sounds from Final Frontier mod.

curious, when do you folks predict this mod to be done and I mean everything in this?

There is no firm date as new content and projects are still being added in. And it may never be complete.

is the sea cities done yet?will there ever be intelligent alien rivals to discover that are non humanoid in the mod or that you can eventually set up something like united nations/galactic nations with them for a diplomatic victory as a opton to win?

Too far down the road to have an answer.

Sparth answered this.

JosEPh

There is no firm date as new content and projects are still being added in. And it may never be complete.

Too far down the road to have an answer.

Sparth answered this.

JosEPh

Correct, if i would have to say anything for completeness, it would be when the LAST C++ person leaves, or maybe even the last python person leaves, . .

Right now C2C has 1 permanent C++ (TB) and 1 semi-when he's not busy with RL (alberts2), and only 1 python person, (DH). . RL ALWAYs comes 1st . .

I do have a point at which I would feel the mod is complete but it's a loooooong ways out yet. But I do finally feel like I'm making progress towards that goal. Been a while being tied up in various bug reports.

I still have not added the diplomacy and the stuff from "White lies/Black Ops" mod yet. Then there is evolving religions and getting rid of all the starting civilizations and leaders and making you build your own.

I still have not added the diplomacy and the stuff from "White lies/Black Ops" mod yet. Then there is evolving religions and getting rid of all the starting civilizations and leaders and making you build your own.

I really want the "White lies/Black Ops" stuff, you already know that DH badly . . . (thats why i like the last TB stuff on Hide and Seek, for Thieves/Rogue/Assassin etc etc, i really like that . . wish it was just for those groups though as a "Specialty" units / / /

then the starting civ stuff of course,

but i also want the Nomad stuff, that would be great if we could get all this together, that would make for a fanDamntastic modmod then, IMPO . . . SO

there are plenty of things that are planned or partially implemented, the Multi map system, The expansion of various Era's, the Evolving Trait system, as a few examples that i as a Player/Tester? Noted

Before any galactic stuff I really want to see in mod something that remove boredom of middle (post medieval) game. Something that break big empires and "restart" the game :)
Great Plagues, revolutions, barbarian invasions, metero impacts :)
Something like that.

Before any galactic stuff I really want to see in mod something that remove boredom of middle (post medieval) game. Something that break big empires and "restart" the game :)
Great Plagues, revolutions, barbarian invasions, meteor impacts :)
Something like that.

I hear that, i had plagues in the beginning of this modmod, but was taken out i used tsentom1 stuff, but i am not a python person, so i just let it go . . Infact there was alot of stuff he did i really like , like Andromeda, Bubonic Plague (and other Gods of Old) being spread, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=281603 DH has tried to do his utt most here . .

Something like that.
That sounds like fun !

wish it was just for those groups though as a "Specialty" units
Oh.. they still are! Criminals are just about the only unit that will utilize disguise invisibility and strike teams are extremely superior when it comes to the standard camouflage invisibility. Not everything is revealed yet there because the new units to come with this version haven't yet come into play. Few more things to do yet before I can implement them in full.

The plagues etc had to go when the disease system was introduced. TB is working on reintroducing them.

I have played a mod where my population dropped to the square root of the current population in each city! It was a shock but since it happened to my neighbours as well it was balanced. You saw the plague spread through your nation as turn by turn more cities were infected. In another game or at a different time in the same game I was loosing more units to disease in a war than to combat - so were the other players in the war. It got so bad we had to declare peace! The effect was greater in bigger stacks.

We have events that do barbarian invasions already. They just have not been adjusted for C2C so some are a bit wimpy. The Illirain Pirates is almost about right but could be improved. I have some ideas about that and suggested them elsewhere. Not only do you get the initial invasion but you also get a source (improvement) that spawns yet more!

The problem is to make them balanced. Unless you have the Bad Karma mod on you don't want your nation wiped out by things beyond your control.

Making the middle game challenging. That sounds amazing. In several C2C games I played I was losing interest toward the middle of the game because my civ was being #1 on the scoreboard, there was no foreseeable challenge from the AIs (dynamic difficulty didn't cut it), new crimes that were appearing were not difficult to deal with. I think more brutal revolutions would be fun - like nationalism arising in long-conquered cities, cities with non-state religions separating into a new civ, or maybe a rebellion triggered by geographic specifics - e.g. if a number of cities are on a separate island, or on the outskirts of the empire, they may want to "feel more independent".

Making the middle game challenging. That sounds amazing. In several C2C games I played I was losing interest toward the middle of the game because my civ was being #1 on the scoreboard, there was no foreseeable challenge from the AIs (dynamic difficulty didn't cut it), new crimes that were appearing were not difficult to deal with. I think more brutal revolutions would be fun - like nationalism arising in long-conquered cities, cities with non-state religions separating into a new civ, or maybe a rebellion triggered by geographic specifics - e.g. if a number of cities are on a separate island, or on the outskirts of the empire, they may want to "feel more independent".
I usualy switch civilizations every Age, because of the reasons you mentioned. However whenever I do that AI succeds in almost collapsing my previous empire.

Top Bottom