New Unit: Yamato Class Battleship

yes, the yamaro were heavy, but they ain't slow... their unique hull design allows them to make very tight turn as well. there is damage control too. it isn't as good as iowa, but it was superior to most battleship of that era. in term of armor, both yamato class survive 40+ hit in their career before sinking, their formidable foe till their end.

the yamato's gun are POWERFUL, so powerful that if the lifeboat were kept on deck, they would be blow off! which is why they are store under the deck instead. however, it is true that the yamato's gun were less effective (the velocity is actually higher on yamato than iowa, the problem is it travel so faster than unless it was a direct hit, the shell would skip off making it less effective)

overall, the iowa was a functional design. it was also able to tranverse the panama canal. something the yamato couldn't.

kudos to yamato :goodjob:
kudos to iowa :goodjob:
lame death to prince of wales! :p

This is off-topic but could the Art Of War if he is still here post a larger version of his Avatar? I am convinced that it looks like a picture of the Battle of Bunker Hill in Static, although I could be wrong.

Ehem, could this raise-the-Yamato thingy please be stopped- this is one of the oldest threads in the creators forum that can be found- please use private messaging (pM) to make off-topic requests- some moderators might start throwing knives at a given point in time :D

Now: on-topic, is there any chance that this unit will be redone one day (cleaned up, civ colours, enhanced) I mean, it was pretty when it came out (still has a place in my mod 2 B) but it looks kinda shabby next to the in-game units such as the South Dakota Class "Battleship" or the latest Conquest units....

I sure would like it if someone would make all kinds of really high quality American and Japanese ships since we have a pacific scenario now. I still don't like having the Japanese running around with an Iowa Class that's named BB Kongo.

Let's make this thread a sticky, since it constantly gets bumped up :)

Anyway;

I, too, would be happy to see higher quality graphics for the Yamato class (and maybe also a Bismarck class) battleship.

This unit itself was a "WOW" back in the old days. So I still appreciate the effort, but it's sort of "obsolete" compared to the other ones :)

Hell, we could even use a better Iowa Class... Maybe just some different battleships with wooden decks, the original one is so ugly.

Here's the better Iowa Class Battleship. I paid the folks over at Digimation good money for this baby. I just have to learn how to animate in 3DStudio Max or in Rhino.

Sorry about that...had to resize it.

Wyrm , give me a week or two, if I lose patience, then I'll send you the file.

Attachments

• iowabbsmall.jpg
    iowabbsmall.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 504
TVA22 - would it be possible to modify this to add Civ color?

I really like the ship (the biggest and the baddest ship ever built) and really would like to include it in my mod.. however, i hesitate to do it because of Civ color thingy.... :s

I won't be updating it, or any of my units I made... years ago now... I need a new game.

I actually am really hoping vingrjoe or wyrmshadow will be able to make a yamato class. other custom made ships just can't hold a candle to those guy's ships, in my humble opinion.

You can never have to many warships. Do you know what file I need to change, so that I can see the splash when I miss and explosions when I hit?

Top Bottom