Caveman 2 Cosmos

How do i install the additional leaderhead pack and civilization pack ?

Simply extracting them in C2C folder doesn't seem to work...

I just noticed that no civ wants to have a religion even if they have founded one. One of the civs has even the prophet civic active but still dont convert to their founding religion.

I have 1 AI civ that adopted a state religion out of 3 that have founded religions. For the other 2 AI civs, both have discovered the necessary Civics but neither has chosen to adopt any new civics for any category.

To turn off BarbarianCiv edit CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml in Asseta/XML/GameInfo find GAMEOPTION_NO_BARBARIAN_CIV and change the bDefault value to 1.

I.E. change
Code:
        <GameOptionInfo>
            <Type>GAMEOPTION_NO_BARBARIAN_CIV</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_REV_OPTION_NO_BARBARIAN_CIV</Description>
            <Help>TXT_KEY_REV_OPTION_NO_BARBARIAN_CIV_HELP</Help>
            <bDefault>[B]0[/B]</bDefault>
            <bVisible>0</bVisible>
        </GameOptionInfo>

to
Code:
        <GameOptionInfo>
            <bDefault>[B]1[/B]</bDefault>
            <bVisible>0</bVisible>
        </GameOptionInfo>

Ah... I did see a number of coding notes regarding NO_BARBARIAN_CIV... strange for an option to be rigged to be on by default and off if set to on... nevertheless, I didn't think that was the full option because the coding didn't seem to include setting up all the variables for a new civ. I'll check again and see if it can be solved in the source files.

I saw that the community civ 5 mod has this as a selectable option when you start a new custom game, if that helps out.
Has anyone have any idea about the no religion thingy or am I the only one experiencing it?

Ah... I did see a number of coding notes regarding NO_BARBARIAN_CIV... strange for an option to be rigged to be on by default and off if set to on... nevertheless, I didn't think that was the full option because the coding didn't seem to include setting up all the variables for a new civ. I'll check again and see if it can be solved in the source files.

Actually BarbarianCiv is defined as on by default but the option is NobarbarianCiv and that is off by default and not displayed either.

RoM added a lot of code to the BarbarianCiv code to make it work with the new RoM buildings and Techs. C2C add, yet more buildings and techs as well as an Era.

The new BarbarianCiv adds in support for extra NewWorld options including bonuses that only occur in the new world. How to define the latter is stopping me figuring out what that bit actually does.

I saw that the community civ 5 mod has this as a selectable option when you start a new custom game, if that helps out.
Has anyone have any idea about the no religion thingy or am I the only one experiencing it?

The civs that aren't immediately adopting religions are probably doing so to maintain diplomatic neutrality. They may be holding off for a variety of reasons. I don't think this suggests a flaw. That said, they are usually quick to adopt a state religion if its that leader's favorite religion and the Divine Prophets mod gets them to initiate their favorite first if its up for grabs. Divine Prophets made no adjustments to how the AI interprets the decision to adopt a state religion or not, only which religions they would initiate and where.
They could also be inhibited by simply not recognizing the value of adopting a civic that will allow them to adopt a religion. This would be a matter of the leader's particular personality. Eventually, I think any leader would see value in a more advanced religious civic, but its possible the ones in your game aren't persuaded enough to adopt Prophets or Divine Cult. This could be a simple XML fix giving them a bit more cause to do so in the flavors of those civics.

@DH: is there a python module that supports the no barbarian civs option? I'm wondering how much definition is coming from there. I'll have to look at the codes around no barb civs in the source again but it didn't appear comprehensive enough to be the full solution when I looked at it last.

To turn off BarbarianCiv edit CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml in Asseta/XML/GameInfo find GAMEOPTION_NO_BARBARIAN_CIV and change the bDefault value to 1.

I.E. change
Code:
        <GameOptionInfo>
            <bVisible>0</bVisible>
        </GameOptionInfo>

to
Code:
        <GameOptionInfo>
            <bVisible>0</bVisible>
        </GameOptionInfo>

Thanks. Yeah next update should have it set to 1 as default. I am going to try a game with the setting like that to see if it helps.

I.E. change
Code:
        <GameOptionInfo>
            <bVisible>0</bVisible>
        </GameOptionInfo>

to
Code:
        <GameOptionInfo>
            <bVisible>0</bVisible>
        </GameOptionInfo>

Your right, that was AGAIN one of Afforess' stuff he changed, my bad.
I wrote jdog5000 and asked about the barb civ stuff also.

Also with DP Choose Rel should be a chose not a default:

Code:
        <GameOptionInfo>
            <Type>GAMEOPTION_PICK_RELIGION</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_PICK_RELIGION</Description>
            <Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_PICK_RELIGION_HELP</Help>
            <bDefault>0</bDefault>
            <bVisible>1</bVisible>
        </GameOptionInfo>

Also:

Code:
		<GameOptionInfo>
            <Type>GAMEOPTION_UNLIMITED_WONDERS</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_UNLIMITED_WONDERS</Description>
            <Help>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_UNLIMITED_WONDERS_HELP</Help>
            <bDefault>0</bDefault>
            <bVisible>1</bVisible>
        </GameOptionInfo>

Just wondering, is the tomahawk thrower meant to take no resources to train?

As I kind of made him require obsidian to balance the game more, AI would not stop building tomahawk throwers...

Just wondering, is the tomahawk thrower meant to take no resources to train?

As I kind of made him require obsidian to balance the game more, AI would not stop building tomahawk throwers...

I like this idea. How did u make him require obsidian?

I like this idea. How did u make him require obsidian?

Go to your Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Units directory, and open the Civ4UnitInfos in notepad and find the tomahawk thrower by using find.

Go to the line underneath it somewhere called <Bonustype>NONE<Bonustype>

Replace None with BONUS_OBSIDIAN then save it. It should work, it works for me.

I have been looking at the wonder mammoth trainer.
Don't you guys think its a little strict to have it require ivory in city vicinity?
I have not yet seen a elephant resource close to a tundra tile.

Its ok with tundra in city vicinity requirement, but if you make a elephant herd in the city (with a subdued elephant) should this not be sufficient?
Maybe its possible to make a subdued mammoth make a special mammoth herd to fill the requirements?
What do you guys think?

Don't you guys think its a little strict to have it require ivory in city vicinity?

Its ok with tundra in city vicinity requirement, but if you make a elephant herd in the city (with a subdued elephant) should this not be sufficient?
Maybe its possible to make a subdued mammoth make a special mammoth herd to fill the requirements?
What do you guys think?

I was thinking along those lines also but it is across mods and modders too, which makes organising it difficult.:mischief:

What do you guys think?

1. Just so you know I have been able to build this wonder in my games. Its not often but it never was suppose to be.

2. Sadly the elephant herd doesn't spawn a resource on the map, it only gives you the resource. But Dancing Hoskuld's herds are not compatible with the city vicinity code. Personally i wish subdued animals allowed you to place resources on the map rather than the "herd" building. This way it would be compatible with both mods. You can at least upgradeable your Subdued Mammoth into a Mammoth Rider if you have the wonder.

Thanks for the answer :)
While I was looking into the files here I noticed dog kennels give +2 experience points to animal units.

When I look in civopedia the only animal unit you can make is the "hell's mouth dog" and that is if you also have voodoo religion.

Is this actually meant to be mounted units?
If not, is there alot of work to change this?

( I tried changing the string: <UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL</UnitCombatType> into:
<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_MELEE</UnitCombatType>
in the "Subdue_Animals_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml" file
but this only make the text say it gives +2 experience ponts to melee units while not actually giving it )

Thanks for the answer :)
While I was looking into the files here I noticed dog kennels give +2 experience points to animal units.

When I look in civopedia the only animal unit you can make is the "hell's mouth dog" and that is if you also have voodoo religion.

Is this actually meant to be mounted units?
If not, is there alot of work to change this?

( I tried changing the string: <UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL</UnitCombatType> into:
<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_MELEE</UnitCombatType>
in the "Subdue_Animals_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml" file
but this only make the text say it gives +2 experience ponts to melee units while not actually giving it )

The mod SubdueAnimals was originally written for had lots of UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL units as did an earlier version of RoM. There are none in C2C so the building is not needed. Doing that change should have worked.

Top Bottom