Quick Questions and Answers

question:
Does marble not give a bonus to wonder production anymore?

I tried to sell it and it didnt change the time i made a wonder.

Marble gives +25% production bonus for wonders only to the nearest city, it is not empire-wide. You can hover over the production numbers in the city view while building a wonder to see if it works properly.

In the event of an equal distance to marble between two cities, I believe only the city which unlocked the tile through cultural growth is eligible. I'm not 100% sure on this.

That's not a simple question and no one knows yet. The support and maintenance are unrelated. The support just means all cities get -10% production if you go over (and you get a neat icon in the top bar, but don't worry. You'll be flat broke before that happens :p

I suspect that more advanced units may cost more maintenance. Just a hunch.

Can wonders be destoryed if a city is taken? I seem to have kept most wonders. The Russians built Machu Pichu in one of their cities. It was pretty sweet, I could see the wonder peeking up from the tops of the clouds and the sun glinting off its snow capped peaks.

But after a few turns of taking cities, I noticed it had disappeared! I checked all the cities within 2 tiles of the mountain and none had the wonder any longer.

anyone know?

Is there anywhere in the game where you can find out exactly how many of a specific luxury resource you have? I thought it was the trading screen, but it doesn't agree with the map. I have 3 gold resources in my territory. They are all being worked by cities. They are mined and connected to my road system. They are not already traded. And yet I cannot trade them. I know at least ONE of them is registering, since I am getting the happiness bonus from it. But why do I have a grayed out luxury resource section in my trading screen? What am I doing wrong?

Any idea on when the first significant patch is coming out?

No one knows.

Is there anywhere in the game where you can find out exactly how many of a specific luxury resource you have? I thought it was the trading screen, but it doesn't agree with the map. I have 3 gold resources in my territory. They are all being worked by cities. They are mined and connected to my road system. They are not already traded. And yet I cannot trade them. I know at least ONE of them is registering, since I am getting the happiness bonus from it. But why do I have a grayed out luxury resource section in my trading screen? What am I doing wrong?

No. See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9686328&postcount=170

I'd like to know the following (and hence registered on the forums):

- The game informs me when a civilization announces it's protecting a city-state but I'm not very keen on writing this info down. Is that info available later in the game somewhere? Also what do I get from promising to protect a city-state?

- Like couple of other people earlier in the thread, I'd like to see my luxury resources somewhere. I know there's a list in the happiness popup, but it doesn't say how many of each I have. Also as mentioned earlier, the trade window doesn't show all the luxury resources. As is, I need to scan the whole map to see if I have two silver mines before replacing one with a fort - if I don't want to lose the happiness from silver that is.

- Is there a way to move the units using the keyboard anymore?

- Is there a way to do the action suggested in the lower right ("unit needs orders", "choose production", "end turn") using keyboard? I could try if enter "clicks" the button in all the cases and not just "end turn", but I can't test it now as I'm currently at work.

Thanks and apologies,

Wade (RetroSatana)

edit: It seems Dusk replied to some of the questions while I was writing this post...

I'd like to know the following (and hence registered on the forums):

- The game informs me when a civilization announces it's protecting a city-state but I'm not very keen on writing this info down. Is that info available later in the game somewhere? Also what do I get from promising to protect a city-state?

- Like couple of other people earlier in the thread, I'd like to see my luxury resources somewhere. I know there's a list in the happiness popup, but it doesn't say how many of each I have. Also as mentioned earlier, the trade window doesn't show all the luxury resources. As is, I need to scan the whole map to see if I have two silver mines before replacing one with a fort - if I don't want to lose the happiness from silver that is.

- Is there a way to move the units using the keyboard anymore?

- Is there a way to do the action suggested in the lower right ("unit needs orders", "choose production", "end turn") using keyboard? I could try if enter "clicks" the button in all the cases and not just "end turn", but I can't test it now as I'm currently at work.

Thanks and apologies,

Wade (RetroSatana)

1. You can see some treaties in the 3rd tab of the diplomacy overview. I think it's called "Global politics" I can't remember if city-states are shown there, but I don't think they are.

2. The only way to see exess luxury resources is to open the trade window to a civ which needs them. This reveals the amount you have.

3. You can use the numpad (Num lock on) to move units. 8 and 2 obviously can't be used anymore, but I highly recommend you use right-click dragging and "M" for move-to mode. The reason is Great Generals. If your unit is next to a great general and needs to move out of his sphere to attack, a direct move with the M key or mouse will give you the general bonus. Moving individual tiles with the numpad will cost you the general bonus.

4. There's no hotkey for that as far as I'm aware. Some keyboard shortcuts can be found here: http://segmentnext.com/2010/09/23/civilization-v-hotkeys-keyboard-shortcuts-guide/

Where are all the settings?
to make automated workers not work over already improved tiles
to define which types of AI unit movements are shown and all the rest
every other civ game and all its children too all have these settings so i assume V has them too
but i cant find the damned things anywhere

Where are all the settings?
to make automated workers not work over already improved tiles
to define which types of AI unit movements are shown and all the rest
every other civ game and all its children too all have these settings so i assume V has them too
but i cant find the damned things anywhere

They're gone.

They're gone.

not the answer i was hoping for
I hope though either patches or clever modders it wont stay that way for long
thanks for the quick answer anyway

Not all of them are gone, some are accessible through the .ini files.

At least I was able to disabl auto tile upgrade overwrite and also disable combat animation permanently. It was in the documents > my games > civ 5 > .ini file, the exact path will depend on your operating system.

Marble gives +25% production bonus for wonders only to the nearest city, it is not empire-wide.
If the only marble that works is the one in tiles you own, are you saying getting marble through trade or city-state is completely useless then?

Another question : In my current game I have 2 triremes, an archer, a warrior, and 5-6 workers. Yet my unit support cost is a whopping 29. What the hell is going on?

If the only marble that works is the one in tiles you own, are you saying getting marble through trade or city-state is completely useless then?

Another question : In my current game I have 2 triremes, an archer, a warrior, and 5-6 workers. Yet my unit support cost is a whopping 29. What the hell is going on?

Good question. Try trading to get a marble resource and select your cities individually making them prodoce a wonder. Hover the production and see if there's a +25% from marble.

Unit maintenance scales with the amount of units (military AND civilian) and also scales with the year/number of turns.

My question:
What does a puppet city build if it runs out of buildings? Wonders? Research? Nothing?

Top Bottom