Indonesia discussion

So glad to have Indonesia in the game. But one guy on Facebook said having Indonesia was lame without leaders like Eamon de Valera, Nasser, Franz Josef, Golda Meir :rolleyes:

Some of the facebook comments are atrocious. But at least it hasn't reached youtube levels. Yet.

I bet if it were Vietnam that got in we'd have a lot of nonsense comments about the Vietnam War, for instance, so nothiing surprising really - facebook generally has a much broader audience of people than the ones here.

I hope they add or change some map scripts. Because as it is right now I have seen very few opportunities to settle on an off shore island on a continents and of course Pangaea map.

Their adding some new map scripts for the Scramble for Africa scenario though it seems to be for randomizing topography.

Judging from the achievement, the Kris Swordsmen promotions are completely unique, not the standard ones that everyone gets. One is called Enemy Blade.

I would think that "Enemy Blade" is the promotion they have initially. Then on their first battle they lose the "Enemy Blade" promotion and gain their random one. There needs to be some way to mark which units don't have their random yet, and a promotion that says so fits that need perfectly. I'd say it's that question mark in the screenshot.
That makes the achievement: Capture an enemy capital with a Kris that has never fought before.

And why is it so small?! :lol:

This is weird, first time seeing The Aztec's color scheme I thought it was a HORRIBLE clash and painful to see, but now Indonesia's seems almost calming... :crazyeye: I kinda enjoy the light blue, and I think one thing I'll enjoy when playing as them will be their colors (unlike Santa Land Morocco :lol:)

So glad to have Indonesia in the game. But one guy on Facebook said having Indonesia was lame without leaders like Eamon de Valera, Nasser, Franz Josef, Golda Meir :rolleyes:

His face is resembling Steven Seagal IMO.. :lol:

That Kris Swordsmen.. They are not Javanese..
Who are they?? Buginese warriors??

Edit :
Ahh.., found it.. They are Balinese..
Spoiler :

I'm looking forward to playing with Indonesia in my games. I really appreciate the fact that their UA makes non-capital cities a little more relevant. I'm really tired of having pretty much everything special about every civ being located in the capital so this is a small, albeit nice, push in a refreshing direction. That being said, I'm not sure I really like the razelessness feature yet but we'll see how it plays out soon enough.

And as an aside, his appearance is great. He looks very powerful.

The Razelessness is essential, IMO. Since you only get the unique luxuries in 3 cities, if someone razes them, you never get those resources back for the rest of the game. But since the city can't be razed, you can rebuild your army and take the city back to get your resources going again.

Their ability seems really situational on any map but archipelago. I feel like they should get ocean embankment earlier. Faith gardens seem a bit meh too. Happy we got our se Asian civ but they're probably the least interesting in terms of gameplay to me

I really appreciate the fact that their UA makes non-capital cities a little more relevant. I'm really tired of having pretty much everything special about every civ being located in the capital so this is a small, albeit nice, push in a refreshing direction.
Agreed, but don't forget what's already in BNW is the possibility to transport hammers/food within your empire. This could work out as support from your capital to surrounding cities - although I'm afraid it could also work out as those other cities supplying the capital with hammers when it's building a wonder. I wouldn't like that. The more I think about it, the more I become suspicious of this new internal trade mechanic.

The Razelessness is essential, IMO. Since you only get the unique luxuries in 3 cities, if someone razes them, you never get those resources back for the rest of the game. But since the city can't be razed, you can rebuild your army and take the city back to get your resources going again.

They could have easily made it such that your next founded city on another continent received the benefit that your previously captured and razed city lost. This way any loss would also be temporary but more dependent on available map space (which actually fits the whole exploration/commerce theme of the expansion quite nicely) instead of military might. It's also not clear why the razing (and permanent loss) would be a problem anyway though. Any civ can completely nullify Siam and Austria and Greece's UA, for example.

Still, the game has been play-tested so for all I know the razelessness really is the best/most fun option which is why I'm adopting a wait and see stance.

Oh, and I forgot to ask. Has the leader music been revealed yet? I love Indonesian gamelan and was hoping this was somehow incorporated. :D

Come to think about it..
Swordsman UU tends to have 2 different bonus..
- Legion : More powerful and can construct roads and forts
- Mohawk Warrior : Receives a combat bonus in Forest and Jungle and does not require Iron to build

But until now, our Kris Swordsman spotted having only 1 random bonus..
What is the other bonus..?? :crazyeye:

Come to think about it..
Swordsman UU tends to have 2 different bonus..
- Legion : More powerful and can construct roads and forts
- Mohawk Warrior : Receives a combat bonus in Forest and Jungle and does not require Iron to build

But until now, our Kris Swordsman spotted having only 1 random bonus..
What is the other bonus..?? :crazyeye:

Oh I took the description of "random" bonus to mean it would start with one of the standard promotions, but randomly. So really just Shock or Drill if only the first tier is randomly select-able... maybe second tier is also possible? *shrug*

Top Bottom