Tourism Theming Bonuses

Diatribes

Chieftain
Hi everyone, this is my first post, although I've been lurking around here for years.

Is there any documentation on theming bonuses for tourism in Wonders? I can't figure out what gives a bonus and what doesn't without moving stuff back and forth until the numbers get bigger. I'm guessing it is written down somewhere, but I don't see anything in the Civilopedia. Also I haven't been able to ever get a bonus out of Oxford University.

Hi everyone, this is my first post, although I've been lurking around here for years.

Is there any documentation on theming bonuses for tourism in Wonders? I can't figure out what gives a bonus and what doesn't without moving stuff back and forth until the numbers get bigger. I'm guessing it is written down somewhere, but I don't see anything in the Civilopedia. Also I haven't been able to ever get a bonus out of Oxford University.

Yes on your culture screen. a tool tip on the wonders/museums

For those of us poor souls outside of North America (such as myself, in Ireland):

How exactly does the theming bonus mechanic work?

I had this initially with the Great Library, I had to trade about for a bit and find the right combo but eventually I got what I needed. I have a feeling you'll need to guess at least for a little while longer while others here compile a list. Also welcome to Civfanatics!

Yes on your culture screen. a tool tip on the wonders/museums

That's weird. I played a whole game last night to culture victory and never saw a tooltip. I'll have to look at it again tonight when I get home.

How exactly does the theming bonus mechanic work?

Each work of art/writing/music/artifact you obtain gives 2 culture and 2 tourism. If you have a building or wonder that can hold more than 1 of those items, you can put them together and obtain a "theming bonus" which gives you additional tourism.

Each work of art/writing/music/artifact you obtain gives 2 culture and 2 tourism. If you have a building or wonder that can hold more than 1 of those items, you can put them together and obtain a "theming bonus" which gives you additional tourism.

Thanks very much for the info. However, could you shed any light at all on the "theming bonus" you refer to? Much appreciated.

In the culture screen, if you mouse over the 0 just to the right of the great work receptacle boxes for a wonder/building, it will tell you what kind of great works you need to get that wonder/building's theming bonus. Typically you need either great works from all different civs and all different ages, or great works from the same age and the same civ. Once you put in the appropriate great works, the 0 will change into a +2 or whatever.

Thanks very much for the info. However, could you shed any light at all on the "theming bonus" you refer to? Much appreciated.

Apparently not, because I couldn't find the tooltip. I just moved them around until the numbers got bigger.

The tooltip is on the your culture screen. Just mouse over the 0 to the right of your great works on the things that have theming bonuses available. It will tell you what gives you it.

Is there a list of what the theming bonuses are.
If there isn't I can start one, otherwise can someone direct me to it.
I will be building Broadway tonight and I have a GM just spawned, so I want to know to save him or use him, this depends on what the bonus is, different eras or the same era.
cheers.
JD

thank you kwami. Now I understand how to get theming bonus from Louvre.

Top Bottom